• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • butchern1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    went into this very friendly shop today and they hooked me up with night sights on my xd... offered me some bbq. and gave me outstanding pricing. i would do + a million but i dont think i can lol

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have had a good time shopping there. The only thing I did not care for is that smoking is allowed. Other then that I agree with you.

Bought an AR there and when I got home, the rifle still reeked of smoke, as did the case and everything that came with it. I ended up putting a baking powder deodorizer in the case and spraying the case down with Febreeze. I still like the store and don't mind spending my money there, but as a non-smoker, I didn't like the smell.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Elmore's has a great selection, especially high end 1911's (Nighthawk and Wilson), but the smoke is horrible.
    They take all the handguns out of the cases everynight and they can get beat up. You will find brand new guns with some pretty scuffed up marks on them. Yes I know why does it matter, I don't know I like to put my own wear marks on stuff I guess.
    Russ carries alot of nice accessories too, Ahrends grips, lots of factory mags, Wilson parts etc.
    As far as pricing goes, he is better than Pop's usually, but Plainfield usually comes in a little better. Bob in Plainfield is easier to trade with than Russ.
    I look at them like this,
    if you are looking for CZ's, less expensive revolvers, Rugers and good ammo prices go check out KS&E and pay cash.
    You want to trade or get pretty much anything you want, Plainfield, Bob will order it for you and be really competitive in price.
    Elmores has a big selection, some decent pricing, lots of holsters and accessories.

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Elmore's has a great selection, especially high end 1911's (Nighthawk and Wilson), but the smoke is horrible.
    They take all the handguns out of the cases everynight and they can get beat up. You will find brand new guns with some pretty scuffed up marks on them. Yes I know why does it matter, I don't know I like to put my own wear marks on stuff I guess.
    Russ carries alot of nice accessories too, Ahrends grips, lots of factory mags, Wilson parts etc.
    As far as pricing goes, he is better than Pop's usually, but Plainfield usually comes in a little better. Bob in Plainfield is easier to trade with than Russ.
    I look at them like this,
    if you are looking for CZ's, less expensive revolvers, Rugers and good ammo prices go check out KS&E and pay cash.
    You want to trade or get pretty much anything you want, Plainfield, Bob will order it for you and be really competitive in price.
    Elmores has a big selection, some decent pricing, lots of holsters and accessories.
    That is almost exactly how I look at it. I would add that I try Bob first, but in terms of handguns, his selection isn't near Russ', so if Bob doesn't have it, I go to see Russ (and Russ by the best for black rifles).

I haven't worked with KS&E but the way you describe them is similar to how I feel about Bradis, I stop by there when I am looking for an AK or less expensive gun, but that's about it.

I would add that shopping at Elmore's is like seeing a movie on the IMAX. Sure you might be able to pay a little less for a gun someplace else, but it isn't nearly the experience of shopping at Elmore's.

Also, they do a lot more smithing work than any other shop in town. They will still send out certain jobs, but they can install sights, polish feed ramps, install springs, duracoat, etc. All right there and usually really quickly.

m2hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Indy area
    Nobody thinks they're more than a little over priced?? I liked the selection from guns to holsters to ammo, but you can do much better elsewhere for most of the firearms.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought a Glock 36 there for a great price and go periodically to look. As far as the smoke? I looooove it. LOL I am an ex-smoker and still love the smell.

Added: I got it for a price lower than what was on the sticker. Just ask.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Nobody thinks they're more than a little over priced?? I liked the selection from guns to holsters to ammo, but you can do much better elsewhere for most of the firearms.

I've been there once and thought that the prices were high. They are the closest "real" shop to me. Bradis is close. I've gone all the way over to Plainfield, because I could save $40 on a $300 gun.

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Their sticker price is middle of the road more than plainfield/bradis less than pops/gander.

However, I have NEVER paid sticker there on anything (even ammo...except for their cases of ammo which are on sale all the time). Their setup is a bit like a car buying scenario where no one is expected to pay sticker...but every now and then someone does. All things being equal, you might pay a bit more than some place else, but you won't find the same selection of black rifles or 1911s anywhere and you won't find a local shop that will do as much of the smith work as they do.

That being said, I will openly compare their prices and let them know if I found the same thing for less elsewhere, and usually they will match it, if not, there's no hard feelings if you go elsewhere.

If nothing else, it is worth the EXPERIENCE to go there at least once

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    After reading this post, I had to go find Elmore's since I was going to be close last weekend. I wasn't disappointed. While the sticker prices aren't the best I've seen, I was quoted good prices on the firearms and the ammo and holster I bought were under sticker.

So if you don't mind asking (actually, I didn't ask), you can get a deal. I would have bought a gun if they'd had what I was looking for (GP100 3").

As for the smoke, I find it refreshing to think that there is at least one last bastion where .gov isn't dictating what is best for me. You don't have to go in if you don't like it.

Milsurp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been in there a few times and bought ammo and other odds and ends. When I go in they quit talking long enough to give me the stink eye. Did I leave my fly open again or something? They have a good selection and so-so prices but I wasn't treated like they wanted my money. Oh well. I noticed that they only charge me sales tax when I use my card which I thought was questionable, but I don't know enough about retail to make a call on that. It's not an awful place but I just don't get good vibes like I do from a place like Bradis.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    The only time I've been in there, they were absolutely swamped with customers. I was still able to get all the assistance I needed. Prices seemed high, I'd rather they just mark things for what they want out of them, but they seem to be doing well, so who am I to tell them any different.

They do have a great selection.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    I not impressed by this place. Prices way too high and the smoke will kill ya. Not that I mind foul language at all, but I brought my 15 year old daughter in there and all I heard was the F-BOMB dropped a hundred times along with other things that a young girl shouldn't hear. I would think they should at least tone it down when a young girl walks is. I won't go back. Never had such an issue with any other shop.

Top Bottom