• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I not impressed by this place. Prices way too high and the smoke will kill ya. Not that I mind foul language at all, but I brought my 15 year old daughter in there and all I heard was the F-BOMB dropped a hundred times along with other things that a young girl shouldn't hear. I would think they should at least tone it down when a young girl walks is. I won't go back. Never had such an issue with any other shop.

I had the same experience.

I don't mind foul language.. but when children are present.. it is an issue for me.

Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    You all have already said it, there prices are mid range at best. But what got me was when I mentioned it on some ammo. The told me no his were the cheapest in town. BS! I travel around a lot and get into a lot of other guns stores on a regular bases and it isn't true and I have being lied to. Even if it's unintentional. (But I suspect it's not.)

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've always had good experiences at Elmore's. I took my 870 in to get a mag extension and he drilled the catchs out and installed it for free, and gave me a price break on everything I bough ( higher sticker prices). He also gave my room mate a police discount on the 870 and acessories that he bought that day. I would definatly shop here again.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    i bought some DPX .45 in there the other day for 30 bux...its 50 at gander mtn and 40 at PSS. i think there reasonable,my kinda guys....i like to go in and shoot the bull with them and all the cops that are usually in there.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I've bought traded etc. a bunch of them over the years there. The $$$ on the tags are high but like others have said that's not where you'll buy at. I've felt that once in a while he's a little high and once in a while he's come back cheaper than I was expecting - overall I'd say it's worked out about right. He has a good selection and he gets some different pieces in every now and then. He's treated me quite fair. The only shop I've used for a long time now.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    dropped by again,typical smoke and foul language.just browsing and on the way out of the door i noticed a bunch of smith&wesson police tradeins for $125.i ended up getting 3 of them and they cut me a deal.+1 to elmores,my attitude has deffinetly changed towards them.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    Elmore's

I finally got in to Elmore's this afternoon. The smoke is ok, I grew up in it. The only foul language I heard was caused by some poor schmuck that knocked over a coffee mug on the counter. I don't think they appreciated that at all....

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of rifles in stock. I will go back when I have $$

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    This summer, I purchased a factory CPO Sig P226 from Elmore's, along with a set of TRUGLO sights, which they installed at the time of purchase. Because one of the guys used incorrect sight-pusher settings (on a couple attempts), the front-sight dovetails got gouged up and would not allow the front sight to seat securely. After talking with Sig customer service (who said "take it back to your dealer and have them call us for an RMA"), I took my Sig back to Greenwood this afternoon to talk with Russ about it.

Let me tell you that I could not be more pleased with his response. Russ looked me in the eye as I described the situation and said as he examined the dovetails, "well... we didn't do you any favors there, did we?" Without the least hint of defensiveness (I don't know why I expected some), he took responsibility, even pointing out what he thought his guys had done. Then he pulled out the forms to get the thing moving back to the factory.

This was the first handgun purchase I'd made in 20 years, and went to Elmore's based on recommendations from friends (current and former LEOs). It means more to me that Russ stands behind his shop and stands behind his guys (as I saw demonstrated today), than whether somebody made a mistake on the workbench.

Russ earned my trust today. And I'll definitely be back.
    :yesway:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I go there quite often especially if looking for a holster as they have a pretty good selection. Agree that the prices are high but they did come down on a DS FAL paratroop that I bought there, but I would prefer to see prices set to begin with. They are always friendly and even when I don't ask the price I paid was not what was on the product even for accessories. My wife hates when I go there because of the smoke and i'm surprised how bad the smoke is if even in there for a short while. I have to leave my coat in the car and carry some spray for afterwards. But they do have a decent selection.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    their high end bolt gun selection incredibly awesome and beautiful. the surgeon scalpels they have there make me want to whore myself out for funds. and the service is great, they gave me great prices on what I bought as I was paying cash.

Top Bottom