• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    What's people's opinions on elmore's firearms in greenwood? I've been in there a few times. It seems decent. Just wondering why no one on here ever mentions them in the Indiana gun shop lists

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've bought several guns there but the reasons they're not listed tend to due with rudeness / douchebaggery of the staff mostly.

Do some searches here.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Personally, I've found their prices a little on the high side, specially ammo. Elmore's is closer for me, but I've gravitated towards BGF and Bradis.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    As I've said - I've bought several firearms there... I just make sure I'm not going there for advice. Before the 'panic' their pricing was a little on the high side but not bad but last time I was in there guns that were in-stock at other stores were selling for $100~300 more at Elmore's.

Also, check out Gander Mountain in Greenwood if you're looking to buy a handgun - they have a HUGE selection and the pricing isn't too bad on some of it [do your research].

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I like Elmore's. I've spent thousands there over the past 2yrs alone. They are more then willing to work with on pricing(at least they did for me). If I ever need something on my AR looked at, I take it to Jason. Ammo, yes, is on the high side but I don't need any at this juncture. I swore them off a while back in 2009, but I figured I would give them another shot and I'm glad I did. They have been nothing but nice to me since. I guess if you go in with an attitude you will receive an attitude. You just have to know your guns.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I like Elmore's. I've spent thousands there over the past 2yrs alone. They are more then willing to work with on pricing(at least they did for me). If I ever need something on my AR looked at, I take it to Jason. Ammo, yes, is on the high side but I don't need any at this juncture. I swore them off a while back in 2009, but I figured I would give them another shot and I'm glad I did. They have been nothing but nice to me since. I guess if you go in with an attitude you will receive an attitude. You just have to know your guns.

Elmore's and Jason have ruined more guns than they've fixed. Before taking your gun to Elmore's for a fix go ahead and take a metal hammer to it first.

As far as attitude, they have the attitude before the first word comes out of your mouth. And mostly they show how little they know but they think they know it all and are always ready to make customers feel like idiots.

If you want to feel accepted and treated well at a gun shop in greenwood then go visit:

U.S. Defense Solutions (317)300-8192
    5329 Mount Pleasant N. St.
    Greenwood, IN 46142

Call ahead or check them out on facebook for hours. They have regular jobs and are mostly there in the evenings but will work with you. Prices are awesome! DID I MENTION $15 FIREARMS TRANSFERS!!!!!

Don't go to Elmore's. if you think they will give you a good deal you haven't done your research.

Last edited:

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I've purchased at least one gun, several accessories and ammo from Elmore's. It is a bit different. The older fellow who runs it is a lot different but they have always treated me well and you never pay asking price for anything.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Don't go to Elmore's. if you think they will give you a good deal you haven't done your research.

Sounds like you had a bad experience. They have helped me put together 2 Noveskes and 2 Spikes ARs without a single problem. As far as researching guns and getting a good deal, I bought a S&W 625 JM for $550 OTD, a HK USPc 9 w/night sights for $475 OTD, and a Springfield M1A Loaded for $1500 all within the last year or so. If you don't know any of these guns, then you need to look them up and find their values. I would be more than happy to let anyone inspect any of my 4 ARs that Jason worked on. Either you like them or you don't. I have actual experience working with them and they are good to deal with.:ingo:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Elmore's and Jason have ruined more guns than they've fixed. Before taking your gun to Elmore's for a fix go ahead and take a metal hammer to it first.

As a semi-retired gunsmith, I would never say this about any other gun wrangler in print.

As it is, I've worked with Russ and George and Jason for almost 8 years (off and on) on special projects that were beyond their normal business and routines.

I've always found Jason to produce solid work.

Elmores is an acquired taste....like olives.

ps. I clearly would not rag on one Greenwood group and then advertise for another Greenwood group in the same post.

usmc6153

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Unless you are law enforcement I would stay away. They don't care about anyone but. they treated me like I was a child when I was in there so I will always take my business elsewhere .... :draw:

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree that they can be a little rough around the edges, however, I have previously (6-8 months ago) found them to be negotiable on prices with a very decent selection of firearms and accessories...never purchased any ammo.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I've never had a bad experience there. Jason is great and I've never been disrespected by any of the staff. For the record, I buy from there, bgf, bradis, and bare arms in noblesville. Never had a problem, but I'm a pretty likeable guy.:):

mfd111

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    I have always has good luck with Elmores. I has purchased several guns from them & have sent friends there who have also purchased from them

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I bought a gun for myself there last year. I was looking for a left-handed holster for it, some self defense ammo, cleaning kit, etc. The guy that helped me was a Plainfield cop I think. When he found out I was a retired firefighter, the discounts started flying. They treated me well.

Earlier this year I bought my daughter much of the same type of stuff I mentioned above (including a S&W Bodyguard). They gave her a a little off (she's an IFD firefighter now).

Since the panic started, I've stopped in to check on ammo, but I don't think I've been able to score anything.

I'll grant you, they are beyond being "a little rough around the edges", but I never experienced any disrespect. If I had, I would have waltzed my little Matilda out of there and never gone back. At my age I wouldn't stand for it.

Top Bottom