• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I hope you manage to get the training range reinstated. I was ready to join just for that alone. By the Look of things membership numbers is not an issue but not having the 'training range' was a deal breaker for me joining. I hope it all works out though and happy new year.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I've been a member for years and mostly shoot at the 100yd range. I have no idea what the "training range" is. What is it?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Didn't the "training range" used to be the "still board" range?

Also, anyone ever walked around the property on the trails? Or fish in the pond?

I never went further than the back door of the club house.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    It seems that no one on the Board wanted Appleseed to return or to discus on reopening the back range at Thursday nights meeting. There will be No Appleseed at Elwood anytime in the next year or two of ever, no reopening of the back range nor concrete under the benches under the new roof and the other new roof thats coming.
    The three Club officers also desided that they were not happy with the vote for how many members the club voted to stay at. So they changed it about a100 votes to the positive.
    The Board has learned that the older members just dont pay attention to whats going on at the meetings and those that speek out get cut off while talking or they just dont let them speek.
    If the Board, I will just call them manny, moe and jack dont want something, its not going to happen.
    It will not ever get done if nobody shows up and votes for a change.
    Members have to show up and speek their minds and vote for getting things done. If not, like one outspoken member said at the meeting, we are a Conservation Club that does NOTHING for Conservation. Well they do have a Hunter Safety class.
    For me it was another wasted evening, i guess i was hoping that others here that are members would actually show up. Shame on me, for consistently going to meeting and try to get and keep Appleseeds there and then try to add Reveres Riders, and other amenitys for all members and not just manny,moe and jack.
    And if you were at the meeting, thanks for saying NOTHING for the entire meeting.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Didn't the "training range" used to be the "still board" range?

Also, anyone ever walked around the property on the trails? Or fish in the pond?

I never went further than the back door of the club house.

Yes the " Training Range " is behind the 7yd pistol range where still board were shot. The berm was extended.
    The trails are over grown and the pond is overloaded with green growth because no one has maintained it.
    Its truly a shame that with the property that the club owns it could be a suburb Conservation / Shooting Club. It could do great things with the youth and adult shooting community, The geriatric clic there just needs to be out voted.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    It seems that no one on the Board wanted Appleseed to return or to discus on reopening the back range at Thursday nights meeting. There will be No Appleseed at Elwood anytime in the next year or two of ever, no reopening of the back range nor concrete under the benches under the new roof and the other new roof thats coming.
    The three Club officers also desided that they were not happy with the vote for how many members the club voted to stay at. So they changed it about a100 votes to the positive.
    The Board has learned that the older members just dont pay attention to whats going on at the meetings and those that speek out get cut off while talking or they just dont let them speek.
    If the Board, I will just call them manny, moe and jack dont want something, its not going to happen.
    It will not ever get done if nobody shows up and votes for a change.
    Members have to show up and speek their minds and vote for getting things done. If not, like one outspoken member said at the meeting, we are a Conservation Club that does NOTHING for Conservation. Well they do have a Hunter Safety class.
    For me it was another wasted evening, i guess i was hoping that others here that are members would actually show up. Shame on me, for consistently going to meeting and try to get and keep Appleseeds there and then try to add Reveres Riders, and other amenitys for all members and not just manny,moe and jack.
    And if you were at the meeting, thanks for saying NOTHING for the entire meeting.

I was out plowing snow (aka work) so I couldn't make it. I was planning on going to the meeting (my first). Work takes priority.

Explain your membership comment....100 to the positive? Like they are taking 100 more members?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Any possibilities of extending the rifle range beyond 100 yards?

My work schedule and location pretty much prevented me from ever attending the numbers' meeting.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Half the year I've got other commitments that keep me from making it.

I kept hearing about a large group showing up with guests and not speaking English to the point of someone aiming downrange while the line was supposed to be cold and someone was walking back from fixing a target. Not sure if that's what caused all the hubbub, but I don't see why limiting member numbers in addition to the number of guests is necessary.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    I am a new ECC member. My first meeting would have been this month, but work interfered. I have the Feb meeting on my calendar. Looking forward to meeting some folks and finally getting some shooting in. Been too long.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Half the year I've got other commitments that keep me from making it.

I kept hearing about a large group showing up with guests and not speaking English to the point of someone aiming downrange while the line was supposed to be cold and someone was walking back from fixing a target. Not sure if that's what caused all the hubbub, but I don't see why limiting member numbers in addition to the number of guests is necessary.

Not to be rude, but if you attended the meetings you would fully understand and you could have been involved in the process for the new rules.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Not to be rude, but if you attended the meetings you would fully understand and you could have been involved in the process for the new rules.

I was pretty clear about not being able to make it due to other commitments and aired a comment that wasn't directed at you, but you chose to be rude, anyway? How's that working for you with getting things moving in the direction that you wanted?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I was pretty clear about not being able to make it due to other commitments and aired a comment that wasn't directed at you, but you chose to be rude, anyway? How's that working for you with getting things moving in the direction that you wanted?

Isn't this a response forum?
    I'm sorry Tom if you took my response as being rude, it wasn't meant to be rude at all.

My next question would be Tom, how long have you been a member?
    Have you made any meetings?
    And while spending time at the club have you made any friends that would keep you in the know on what's happening at the club?
    And I'm certainly not going to post all the clubs business out in the open, some of it sure but certainly nothing about problem members.
    I'm also a parent, employee and a business owner myself with many other of life's obligations, but unlike 740+- members I make most meeting and I do positive things for the club.
    It's funny how so many always want to be " in the know " and want changes at the Club but always have something better to do at meeting time.
    I have been told for years in some cases " Man I'll make the next meeting "

And to those 40+- members that made it last night, that was one of the biggest turnouts in years, Thank You.

And to answer your question Tom on how is it working out for me?
    It just gets better each month, one bite at a time.

And Tom, I'll say this, let me know the next time you plan to shoot and I'll meet you there with a few others that I shoot with and we can burn some powder, have a bunch of fun and bull **** in the parking lot curing the world's problems until it's to dark to see.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    I was at the range today - had it all to myself for a couple of hours - finally go to put some rounds through my Henry Big Boy .357.
    I have the upcoming meeting on my calendar - work permitting.

Top Bottom