• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last month I fired up my kerosene heater for the first time in seven years. It still had a small amount of kerosene in it and I wanted to use the old stuff up and condition the wic. I know , I know you should empty the tank at the end of the season according to the owners manual. I've got my mind right now and will take better care of my life saving heat source. My point is after seven years the kerosene burnt great, no smoking just like new stuff. I had always wandered how long kerosene would last and if you needed to add a fuel conditioner to it. Now I feel confident that I can store it and it wont go to bad. I also have a heat Buddy and 3 20# tanks with a 12 foot hose.

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    About 5 years ago, I bought a couple corn/pellet stoves in the summer months (when they sell cheaper). Fairly easy install and MUCH safer than a lot of other stuff. I bought no-frills ones with just the blowers for the firebox and the heat exchanger. What's great is the low power draw (160 watts wide open). Running them on 2 or 3 as I normally do yields about 20 hours on an inverted marine battery. Just recharge them on the truck as needed.

Top Bottom