Employee fired after she's robbed at gunpoint, and refused to recoup losses.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm also curious to see if the robbers get caught that it turns out they found out knew she regularly left too much in the till, and that pattern factored into the initiation and timing of the robbery.

Or the robbers knew that the night they chose was the busiest night of the week, and therefore the night most likely to yield the best returns - with no particular knowledge of the manager's practices regarding the till?

I am not privy to the criminal psyche. Is it normal to case a fast food joint that intimately, in an effort to get $400?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I am not privy to the criminal psyche. Is it normal to case a fast food joint that intimately, in an effort to get $400?

Simply hitting the place when it's busy is no doubt a tried and true robbery strategy.

But howzabout: Very likely any, likely all employees knew the till often contained $$ over the corporate policy amount on busy shifts. One or more employees mentions this, either on purpose or as idle chatter (or in response to a question) to a criminally enterprising relative or friend, who finds it an interesting factoid to share with other criminally enterprising friends.

Not like it hasn't happened before, and not necessary that any of the employees even be in on it. Just undisciplined processes combined with bad OPSEC. You don't have to be privy to the criminal psyche, just read the papers long enough. People rob for whatever they can get.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Simply hitting the place when it's busy is no doubt a tried and true robbery strategy.

But howzabout: Very likely any, likely all employees knew the till often contained $$ over the corporate policy amount on busy shifts. One or more employees mentions this, either on purpose or as idle chatter (or in response to a question) to a criminally enterprising relative or friend, who finds it an interesting factoid to share with other criminally enterprising friends.

Not like it hasn't happened before, and not necessary that any of the employees even be in on it. Just undisciplined processes combined with bad OPSEC. You don't have to be privy to the criminal psyche, just read the papers long enough. People rob for whatever they can get.

That, I can totally see. Common knowledge, and such. But a few here are implying that the manager may have been in on the robbery, or that she was so obvious in violating company policy that would-be robbers could observe her violation, and determine that it resulted in a good opportunity to hit the store.

I think Occam's Razor would say that some robbers merely decided to hit the store on the known-busiest day of the week.

BTW, my wife used to manage a restaurant many years ago. I asked her how often they emptied the till, and how much it might contain. She said that emptying the till might reasonably be done once an hour, and that on a busy night, it could have a few thousand dollars accumulated. Granted, her restaurant was not the same as a Popeye's Chicken, and back then, far more transactions were conducted using cash. Even so, I don't think that having $400 in the till is in any way unreasonable or reckless, especially during a day/time when the store was getting slammed.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    In most business's such as this, it is one of the main responsibility's of the manager is cash drawer management. Most software used today, can tell them in a few seconds what each drawers cash amount is. Or even automatically alert them.

If its $400, and it's busy, then that's what the manager has to concentrate on.

In todays world, 30-40% of sales go on plastic, so cash doesn't add up all that fast.

Some managers just have horrible time management skills let it pile up in the drawer.

Top Bottom