Employee fired after she's robbed at gunpoint, and refused to recoup losses.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, There's this

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]We also contacted the Popeyes corporate office in Georgia. They initially referred us back to the local franchisee but the CEO released the following statement Wednesday evening: "We recently became aware of a story in Houston involving a Popeyes restaurant and employee. The restaurant is operated by an independent franchisee of the Popeyes brand. We have spoken to the local franchise owner of the restaurant, and he has taken immediate action to reach out to the employee to apologize and rectify the situation. While the facts are gathered, we will closely monitor this until it is appropriately resolved. We deeply regret the distress this situation has caused.".[/FONT]

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Years ago I was an Assistant Manager at the Speedway in downtown Indy. During a busy day shift I had a truck with dual tanks filled up both tanks and dashed. My Manager wrote it off as a theft, but we had a new young District Manager right out of College who was very black and white in his following of the Rules. Since the drive off was over $20, and we had a "$19 or less drawer discrepancy policy" he wanted me fired. My Manager angrily fought him tooth and nail, but I told her not to risk her job and just let me go.

Long story short.. we went to Arbitration because they denied my Unemployment, and the Judge was flabbergasted. He kept telling the District Manager "Are you serious??" and the DM would say "But out Rules clearly state.."

In the end, I of course won my Unemployment, and the Judge said he would be a witness if I wanted to take them to court, but said in his opinion all it would do is get my job back until they found something little to fire me over, later.

I got a call a couple months later from my old Manager, the DM had been fired when his bosses started seeing a pattern of him having people fired for unjust reasons.

-----

tl;dr I know this kind of thing happens, it happened to me once

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I worked at O'Reillys for 4 years.... the DM, and the Loss Prevention guy, was ALWAYS all over us, to keep not more then $xxx in the drawer.

Here is the real life facts..... You rent a tool to a customer, for x cash.....

You make a drop, and he comes back, and he wants his cash back.....

WHAT do you do ?????

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I work retail now, we are accountable for the money in our drawer. We are allowed $$XX in our drawer. When we reach $$XX, the register will not allow another transaction until money is "dropped" to the safe. There is no closing the register to do this. I open the drawer with the correct key, I count out as many $20's as I can spare, put that amount in the box on the screen to let the register know I took $$XX out of the drawer. I then walk to the safe, type in my code and put the money in the bill collectors. Total process time, maybe 2 minutes on a slow day. I do this several times an hour.

While I don't agree with them firing her, it is policy at so many places to keep the drawer to a minimum. If we have a robbery, we are instructed to give all we have to the robber. If our drawer has to much cash because we told it we took money out, and we didn't, we would be fired.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok, I haven't pushed a button on a cash register since 1998, but I never knew how much was in it until I counted the drawer out at the end of the night. Is this new technology that has appeared since I bartended back in the day?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Ok, I haven't pushed a button on a cash register since 1998, but I never knew how much was in it until I counted the drawer out at the end of the night. Is this new technology that has appeared since I bartended back in the day?

until they set our registers up to "freeze it" when it was over XX, I still had to make sure I was never over a certain amount. I guessed by the stacks of bills. I was usually always over at the end of every shift. I actually like the technology now. I know I'll never be fired for to much in register.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Way back in the day I worked the overnight shift at a golden Imperial gas station. I pumped the gas and made change at the drivers window. I always had a wad of cash on me. Always.

Man how times have changed.

To those who push the statistics that crime is down.........Meh

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Way back in the day I worked the overnight shift at a golden Imperial gas station. I pumped the gas and made change at the drivers window. I always had a wad of cash on me. Always.

Man how times have changed.

To those who push the statistics that crime is down.........Meh

You were young and invincible back then though. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, There's this

Social media may goad corporations into do things, but it doesn't mean social media is right. Being preganant makes you immune from your own actions as long as you have Twitter and Facebook access. Nice to know.

...and my first thought was that there's one person who knew for certain that she let too much money build up in the register....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You guys clearly have a different idea about what "spicy" means than I do. I tried their spicy chicken since I'd heard it was, well... spicy. It wasn't. No more spicy than KFC original recipe IMHO, and every bit as greasy. :dunno:

Where are you getting your Popeye's? It's not even close to KFC's original. Maybe you got some regular by mistake. They've been know that's try and pass it off as spicy when they don't have enough.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    AT solutions used to have feeder safes. You just took money out of the register, fed it into the machine like a laundry mat change machine, and it automatically tallied how much you'd fed out of the drawer. Nobody on the premises can open the safe, only the armored car crew can.

I have no idea what the service costs, but AT used to do it for gas stations in the Louisville area when I worked part time for them.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    AT solutions used to have feeder safes. You just took money out of the register, fed it into the machine like a laundry mat change machine, and it automatically tallied how much you'd fed out of the drawer. Nobody on the premises can open the safe, only the armored car crew can.

I have no idea what the service costs, but AT used to do it for gas stations in the Louisville area when I worked part time for them.

I used to work for A T Systems, repair tech., and Managed the Armored Car Office .....

Good System.....

Local Midwest Fuel OP., was our largest customer .....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where are you getting your Popeye's? It's not even close to KFC's original. Maybe you got some regular by mistake. They've been know that's try and pass it off as spicy when they don't have enough.

It was down here on the southside near Indy Trading Post (South Madison Ave). Maybe you're right and they pulled a fast one on me, but I was unimpressed. Bummed me out because I had been wanting to try it and we had never had one down here until they opened that one up.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It was down here on the southside near Indy Trading Post (South Madison Ave). Maybe you're right and they pulled a fast one on me, but I was unimpressed. Bummed me out because I had been wanting to try it and we had never had one down here until they opened that one up.

That one's nasty. Try the one at Emerson and County line Rd.

Top Bottom