Employer to require COVID-19 Vaccine by Aug 15th.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here is something i found today some here may be interested in this news!!!!!

If you really want people to tell you to **** off, tell them they HAVE to do something. All this **** with companies mandating a yet unapproved vaccine is petty creepy.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    If you really want people to tell you to **** off, tell them they HAVE to do something. All this **** with companies mandating a yet unapproved vaccine is petty creepy.
    I have concerns with this vaccine, why is govt pushing people so hard to get it, even having lotteries to win money, what side effects will show up at a later date?? Is there something in it that could cause people not to be able to think for themselves that develops over time?? I haven't gotten it nor do i plan to in the near future, just not enough answers out there for me to know it is safe!!!!!!!!

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    This injection is against The Nuremberg Code. That is international human rights laws.
    It is experimental not at all FDA approved through normal process, its jus authorized for “emergency” use. There is no informed consent about these injections what so ever.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    True, that’s possible, but I’ve seen a lot more cases where the employee is a legend in his own mind rather than reality.
    I've also seen cases where it takes a handful of people to replace someone but the employer is too proud to own up to the self-evident truth.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have concerns with this vaccine, why is govt pushing people so hard to get it, even having lotteries to win money, what side effects will show up at a later date?? Is there something in it that could cause people not to be able to think for themselves that develops over time?? I haven't gotten it nor do i plan to in the near future, just not enough answers out there for me to know it is safe!!!!!!!!
    Excellent point. Why is the (inherently untrustworthy) .gov pushing an unproven, semi-effective treatment so hard?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This injection is against The Nuremberg Code. That is international human rights laws.
    It is experimental not at all FDA approved through normal process, its jus authorized for “emergency” use. There is no informed consent about these injections what so ever.
    :facepalm: the Nuremberg code angle is a red herring.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Because there is more to this than there planed-demic.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I talked to my sister she is a librarian at an Indiana University they are asking employees to get the vaccine but by law cannot force her to do so. She is very anti vaccine at least at this time. So according to her it is unlawful for a business to force you to get it or fire you if you don't.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I talked to my sister she is a librarian at an Indiana University they are asking employees to get the vaccine but by law cannot force her to do so. She is very anti vaccine at least at this time. So according to her it is unlawful for a business to force you to get it or fire you if you don't.
    Against which law?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Against which law?
    That's what I ask her she never told me. She seems confident about it.

I just found this she may be confused with Indiana bill 1488 which did not get passed IIRC.

Going to send this to her see what she says.

So I guess you get fired and get a new job or get on welfare until Indiana passes 1488.

Getting vaccinated for Covid-19 sure seems like a precursor to the Biblical prophecy of the mark imo. No vaccine no travel, no work what next?

Last edited:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Looks like you’ll have to count on state laws since it appears the Feds aren’t going to be much help:

The federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) issued new guidance last week and said businesses can require that their employees get the COVID-19 vaccine without violating federal laws.

Other federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) that prohibits discrimination based on disability, as well as state and local laws may impact whether businesses can mandate their employees to get the vaccine, according to updated guidance posted on the EEOC’s website on May 28.

Employers will also have to make “reasonable accommodations” for workers who can’t or won’t get vaccinated due to religious reasons, pregnancy, or a disability, the EEOC said.

“Federal EEO laws do not prevent an employer from requiring all employees physically entering the workplace to be vaccinated for COVID-19, so long as employers comply with the reasonable accommodation provisions of the ADA and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other EEO considerations,” said the updated guidance. Meanwhile, laws that are outside the agency’s purview might “place additional restrictions on employers,” it added.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just a note- the "reasonable accommodation" provisions of the ADA come into play only when a person has a recognized disability which would prevent them from getting the vaccine. While I see that is certainly possible, it will be a tiny number of people in practice. The religious exemptions would be more interesting.

States may have have pretty loose "religious exemption" rules in that all you have to do is say it violated your religious beliefs. As to vaccinations prior to the past year, when it come to children and mandatory vaccinations in Indiana, this was (and is) the case.

Federal law is a bit more specific...but vague.

"The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) defines "religious beliefs" to include theistic beliefs (i.e. those that include a belief in God) as well as non-theistic moral or ethical beliefs about right and wrong that are sincerely held with the strength of traditional religious views. In most cases, whether or not a practice or belief is religious is not an issue. However, generally, religion typically concerns "ultimate ideas" about "life, purpose and death," while social, political and/or economic philosophies and mere personal preferences are not "religious" beliefs."

Good luck with that.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    And I ask again, if persons with prior symptomatic covid cases have 84% immunity then why do we “need” to get another vaccine that at best provides another 10-13% protection?

Someone posted up thread that theres been only 83 cases in the world of reinfection. If that's true there's been more so called "breakthrough" cases of vaccinated people just in the US. 2554 cases that required hospitalization or caused death in the US alone.

Of course the problem is believing any of the statistics that are put out there

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Yea my wife just got the notice from IU that the vaccine is being mandated. They said she can file for an exemption however the forms are not ready yet....go figure. She already has an exemption from the flu shot because of a bad reaction to it so maybe she'll also get one from this?

TomO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Central
    Since IU Health just decided to mandate the vaccine, I either need to figure out a religious exemption, or find a new job by September :(

This seems like a legitimate religious exemption to me:
    33bda5dda978cc25f6423d918b090762.jpg

Info from my church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom