• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I carry salt in my Jeep, but I thought today, what if I had too shovel. Obviously, I do not want to carry a big shovel around all winter. So, I was thinking an Entrenching tool would fit the bill. I do not want a piece of crap, but do not want to spend a ton of money. Anyone have any good recommendations?

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    Thanks to Uncle Sam GI issue entrenching tool works great in an emergency. Try your local Army Surplus store. I know the one at 21st and Arlington has them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I bought one of those Swiss fixed e-tools for $3 from Shotgun News in the mid-90s. I still carry it in the truck.

1_58273ae2268a24d94cd42745bc563ab3.jpg

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    There's also the Cold Steel Spetznatz entrenching tool (sharpened edges) and the current G.I. E-tool. Some don't like them, but I've never had trouble with mine. The better G.I. e-tool, if you can find one, is the WWII/Korean War variety, which has a pick-head as well as the shovel.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Standard GI E Tool will serve you well. I have one that I have been using in 4wd for like 20+ years. If it can survive me that long, it can survive you too... LOL!!

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I'd like to know where I could get one just like this, without it costing an arm and a leg.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6"] [/ame]

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a G.I. E-tool as well. Just got it for my truck a month ago. Usually just throw a full sized shovel in the back of the truck. Always seems to be in the way though. Now the e-tool in the case is just sitting under the back seat.

Probably will put it in the wife's car and carry a big shovel until I can get another e-tool.

This one came with a canvas cover as well, which holds four AK mags comfortably.

swatdoc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Franklin
    Avalanche shovels with a collapsible handle are good for moving larger volumes of snow, are light weight and store rather compactly.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I always have a Glock shovel in the truck but in winter a snow shovel of some kind is in it as well. If you are stuck you will scoop snow, not push it, avalanche shovels are the way to go. I am thinking about getting the Black Diamond Deploy for my GF.

Shovels from Backcountry.com

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Cold Steel Special Forces Shovel

$15 online and another $7 for a nylon sheath.

Used one today to scrape ice off the driveway near my garage. After scraping and chopping away, it looks brand new!

AWESOME tool!

Vanguard.45

swatdoc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Franklin
    These Cold Steel shovels which copied the design of the Spetsnaz are incredible! Where did you find one for $15?

Top Bottom