• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Just looking for a recomendation for an entry level AR15. Dont need a 1000 daollar one but want a decent one. Just looking for some ideas to start with. Thanks

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    A guy at work just bought a S&W M&P that sounds kind of like teh DPMS Sportical. No forward assist or dustcover on the upper, pretty basic, but the price was $629. He bought one last week and ended up selling it to his brother, so he went back and got another one after realizing he made a mistake! I haven't seen it, but it sounds like just the ticket for a low budget gun to start with. Great thing abotu AR's is that you can upgrade pretty much any part as you see fit.

Doug K

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Spike's Tactical M4 (or mid-length) @ $799 (and $809, respectively).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...view_spikes_tactical_st_15_m4_le_carbine.html

Spikesreduced-06.jpg

However, many are reporting a major backlog with Spike's products due to their overwhelming success, so you'd have to be patient.

Another option would be S&W's new "sport" model, which features many desirable features but does without the forward-assist and dustcover.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I wouldn't count on Spikes if you're planning on getting one anytime soon:( I've had things ordered from Spikes directly for the past month and a half and have yet to receive it. I even tried finding it on Gunbroker with no luck:dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The OP is in Scottsburg; 21st would be quite a hike unless they're willing to ship...

But having seen the Sport in person now, I'd add a :+1: to your recommendation.

I only linked it because they're the only INGO Advertisers I've seen list them. You guys really have 'em at $639?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Madison outdoors had a couple of the DPMS cheaper model without the forward assist, dust cover, or front sight in the lower $700 range. A friend of mine has one and it shoots great. You will have to buy sights though right off the bat. I would at least get one with the standard A2 front sight, then you can get a removable A2 carry handle rear for around $50 if you look around a bit. Are you wanting to run a red dot or optics or just iron sights? I like having the forward assist and dust cover myself but you can do without it! Kieslers down in Jeffersonville had several a few weeks ago but they are a bit higher on prices, they will deal with you though.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Bradis is where my buddy got his. He is from up North of Muncie and drove all the way to camby on my advice. he was very happy with the whole deal, not that I'm suprised! Did you take care of him Satruday, Mark? His name is Ross. Kind of a bigger guy.

Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    If you're looking for cheap, Whittaker Guns(in Kentucky, but they'll ship for $20 or so) has Plum Crazy polymer lowers for $120. They've got a really nice trigger too. Cheapest upper I've seen is DS Arms, $275 for the upper, $110 for BCG. You've had Lego sets that're harder to put together than a complete lower, complete upper, and complete BCG.

The lower is the firearm per ATF, so that'll have to ship to an Indiana FFL, figure anywhere from $15-$50.

With 2 shipping charges & FFL transfer fee, you're still under $600.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    If you're looking for cheap, Whittaker Guns(in Kentucky, but they'll ship for $20 or so) has Plum Crazy polymer lowers for $120. They've got a really nice trigger too. Cheapest upper I've seen is DS Arms, $275 for the upper, $110 for BCG. You've had Lego sets that're harder to put together than a complete lower, complete upper, and complete BCG.

The lower is the firearm per ATF, so that'll have to ship to an Indiana FFL, figure anywhere from $15-$50.

With 2 shipping charges & FFL transfer fee, you're still under $600.

The idea of building one, has crossed my mind. But I really dont Know what is involved never done anything like that before. what all parts would I need to put together a funtional AR?

Top Bottom