EPA Wants To Ban Older Wood Burning Stoves!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I would rather ban the EPA. They have outlived their usefulness.

In the last 20 or so years the government has determined what toilets we sit on, what light bulbs illuminate our home, what types of TVs we watch, and to an extent tried to regulate what foods we eat.

How soon before we have federal inspectors knocking at our doors to check for toilet compliance or other things they have no business telling us what to do?

ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    While not a fan of over regulation on pretty much anything, use your google-fu to take a look at the air quality in Beijing today. This is what happens when nobody gives a **** about the environment. It'd be nice to find a happy medium somewhere, don't you think.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    While not a fan of over regulation on pretty much anything, use your google-fu to take a look at the air quality in Beijing today. This is what happens when nobody gives a **** about the environment. It'd be nice to find a happy medium somewhere, don't you think.
    I kinda with this one...

There are many people out there misusing wood-burning appliances that gives everybody a bad rap. I'm not a fan of regulation but when some jack-wagon completely smother's his neighbor in putrid smoke because he doesn't know the slightest thing about burning wood what does he expect is going to happen?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I kinda with this one...

There are many people out there misusing wood-burning appliances that gives everybody a bad rap. I'm not a fan of regulation but when some jack-wagon completely smother's his neighbor in putrid smoke because he doesn't know the slightest thing about burning wood what does he expect is going to happen?

No. It doesn't matter whether the idiot neighbor knows how to use it properly or not, he should still be allowed to own it. Maybe you could teach him rather than trying to strip him of his ability to purchase cast-iron or steel metal boxes.

toppgunnz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Indiana
    Nothing will suprise me at this point! Pretty soon we'll have to get a tree certified as being more than half-dead before we can cut it down...

PastorBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Wabash
    When I lived in New Zealand they went that route and made everyone switch over to cat stoves at double or triple what we pay for them here.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    No. It doesn't matter whether the idiot neighbor knows how to use it properly or not, he should still be allowed to own it. Maybe you could teach him rather than trying to strip him of his ability to purchase cast-iron or steel metal boxes.
    I'm not saying the EPA is right, or should be banning them. I'm just saying it's no surprised that it's come down to this.

I don't have any problems with any neighbors that don't know how to burn. But I know of one person that I always see on my way to my parents house. It appears they have some sort of home-made outdoor boiler. And it smokes something aweful. As a matter of fact, I had a hard time driving once because I couldn't see through the smoke cloud to see where I was driving. That is 100% irresponsible and its the cause for these new regulations that have been proposed.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Nappane banned outdoor wood furnaces in the city limits because of the smoke.

Wow! I know a lot of people have installed outdoor wood furnaces in the last few years. My brother-in-law has one that is their primary heat source, but he is in the country. We have a wood burning stove and were considering adding an outdoor wood furnace as we have several acres of trees, mostly oak.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm not saying the EPA is right, or should be banning them. I'm just saying it's no surprised that it's come down to this.

I don't have any problems with any neighbors that don't know how to burn. But I know of one person that I always see on my way to my parents house. It appears they have some sort of home-made outdoor boiler. And it smokes something aweful. As a matter of fact, I had a hard time driving once because I couldn't see through the smoke cloud to see where I was driving. That is 100% irresponsible and its the cause for these new regulations that have been proposed.

So, why not deal with this one person, rather than punishing everyone? The EPA doesn't need to be involves at all.

There is a guy up hear that must burn rotten wood in his boiler. *I* would not want to be down-wind of him. Should I work with the county to outlaw ALL outdoor boilers, or just ask this one guy to burn something that isn't wet for once?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    So, why not deal with this one person, rather than punishing everyone? The EPA doesn't need to be involves at all.

There is a guy up hear that must burn rotten wood in his boiler. *I* would not want to be down-wind of him. Should I work with the county to outlaw ALL outdoor boilers, or just ask this one guy to burn something that isn't wet for once?
    Because it's easier to punish the whole class for chewing gum instead of punishing the guilty individual. ;)

Top Bottom