EPA Wants To Ban Older Wood Burning Stoves!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I'm not saying the EPA is right, or should be banning them. I'm just saying it's no surprised that it's come down to this.

I don't have any problems with any neighbors that don't know how to burn. But I know of one person that I always see on my way to my parents house. It appears they have some sort of home-made outdoor boiler. And it smokes something aweful. As a matter of fact, I had a hard time driving once because I couldn't see through the smoke cloud to see where I was driving. That is 100% irresponsible and its the cause for these new regulations that have been proposed.

The guy does sound irresponsible, but it's his right as an American to be as inefficient at heating his home as he wants to be. Sounds like there's some sort of inversion if the smoke is clinging to the ground far enough out to block the roadway, which does present a small problem. But I still think talking to him and maybe even trying to help him figure it out would do more for him - and you - than just having the Government reach its hand into his life and slap him around some.

As for him being the 'cause' of EPA regulations, that's like saying the presence of the sun and moon are due to NASA. The EPA dishes out regulations just because it can, not because there's any rationale or true reason or justification.

When they outlaw wood-burning stoves, I will become an outlaw.
    Environmental Justice Units of the Department of Homeland Security be cursed.

Top Bottom