Eric Holcomb pushing for refugee resettlement in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Not sure if this is our Ggreen but everybody's welcome on INGO. Unlike some others here at least Ggreen actually posts outside the politics forum, some on here I actually wonder if they are even gunowners.

That isn't me. I'm not a recluse I like to get out and shoot with anyone that wants to go. I'm fine with conflict and try to stay out of the subforums because I don't fall into the traditional values gun owner. There isn't a person here I wouldn't hang out with or joke around with. Understanding others and sharing personal viewpoints is the only way to grow.

no i dont think these are the same people. But I completely agree and have said the same before too. I think a lot of the people who post here are just trolls who dont even own a gun. I may disagree with ggreen completely on this issue but atleast he is a gun owner. Same with campingjosh. We disagree but he is a gun owner and Ive actually met him in person and he is a great dude. Same with Kutinupe, he and I disagree on many things but I consider him a friend and have met him. I like him a lot actually and respect him.
    People who dont own guns and come here with opinions, meh, move on. Get a girlfriend. Get a gun.

And with that, I'm done with the politics threads for a while again. Pointless.

I own one of your old guns lol.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It's not a large population. Housing depends on a number of factors such a access to public transportation, jobs, multi family housing, availability, etc..

The only arguments against increasing legal refugee intake have been either riddled with racism, anecdotal, or just misinformed as to what a legal refugee is. If anyone here could provide any actual evidence that it is the burmese refugees lowering home values and not the declining housing market as a whole, or Congolese refugees committing crimes at a higher rate than any other group of people im all ears.

If a refugee commits a crime they can face immediate revocation of their refugee status and face immediate deportation. Some do have trouble adapting and can get into trouble, but it's not a pandemic or even very common.

I'm no more righteous in any of my statements than any of the emotional cries to forsake them.

I'm not sure why we are bringing them all the way to the United States. There are at least 20 countries surrounding the DRC, several countries around Burma etc., they should be relocated in their region. We send Burma 150 million, Malaysia 9 million and DRC 36 million that should be where our support ends otherwise cut it off. Burma and the Congo have always been crapholes for as long as I can remember but if you have militia's coming into your community and taking your sons and daughters here's an idea, band together as a community, grab some AKs and make sure they are never seen or heard from again.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Not sure if this is our Ggreen but everybody's welcome on INGO. Unlike some others here at least Ggreen actually posts outside the politics forum, some on here I actually wonder if they are even gunowners.

no i dont think these are the same people. But I completely agree and have said the same before too. I think a lot of the people who post here are just trolls who dont even own a gun. I may disagree with ggreen completely on this issue but atleast he is a gun owner. Same with campingjosh. We disagree but he is a gun owner and Ive actually met him in person and he is a great dude. Same with Kutinupe, he and I disagree on many things but I consider him a friend and have met him. I like him a lot actually and respect him.
    People who dont own guns and come here with opinions, meh, move on. Get a girlfriend. Get a gun.

And with that, I'm done with the politics threads for a while again. Pointless.

I'm not sure why we are bringing them all the way to the United States. There are at least 20 countries surrounding the DRC, several countries around Burma etc., they should be relocated in their region. We send Burma 150 million, Malaysia 9 million and DRC 36 million that should be where our support ends otherwise cut it off. Burma and the Congo have always been crapholes for as long as I can remember but if you have militia's coming into your community and taking your sons and daughters here's an idea, band together as a community, grab some AKs and make sure they are never seen or heard from again.

They are separated. We accept a very limited quota so often families end up split by oceans. It's not that other countries are not taking them.

They literally have nothing to defend themselves with. Zero access to guns. We won't give them guns because we don't want to anger the countries giving guns to the militias (China, Russia...). It's not that the state is arming the militias as much as it is well connected businessmen who strip the resources while the militias rape and pillage. It's chaos of the highest order.

These countries also have very limited manufacturing so they don't even have the ability to make their own weapons. They are less equipped to deal with the militias than American natives were to deal with Europeans. Stand and fight happens, but David and Goliath isn't our days reality, and they end up very dead or worse watching their families get tortured to death while incapacitated.

I mean Hong Kong cant even standup and they have manufacturing facilities. Once you neuter and neutralize a populous is near impossible for them to self rescue

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They are separated. We accept a very limited quota so often families end up split by oceans. It's not that other countries are not taking them.

They literally have nothing to defend themselves with. Zero access to guns. We won't give them guns because we don't want to anger the countries giving guns to the militias (China, Russia...). It's not that the state is arming the militias as much as it is well connected businessmen who strip the resources while the militias rape and pillage. It's chaos of the highest order.

These countries also have very limited manufacturing so they don't even have the ability to make their own weapons. They are less equipped to deal with the militias than American natives were to deal with Europeans. Stand and fight happens, but David and Goliath isn't our days reality, and they end up very dead or worse watching their families get tortured to death while incapacitated.

I mean Hong Kong cant even standup and they have manufacturing facilities. Once you neuter and neutralize a populous is near impossible for them to self rescue

Sounds like a good argument for the 2nd Amendment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's not a large population. Housing depends on a number of factors such a access to public transportation, jobs, multi family housing, availability, etc..

The only arguments against increasing legal refugee intake have been either riddled with racism, anecdotal, or just misinformed as to what a legal refugee is. If anyone here could provide any actual evidence that it is the burmese refugees lowering home values and not the declining housing market as a whole, or Congolese refugees committing crimes at a higher rate than any other group of people im all ears.

If a refugee commits a crime they can face immediate revocation of their refugee status and face immediate deportation. Some do have trouble adapting and can get into trouble, but it's not a pandemic or even very common. tting all this.

I'm no more righteous in any of my statements than any of the emotional cries to forsake them.

This post is filled with the mis-info Jamil and others refer to. Where are you getting all this.
    Where is all the racism. Name calling does not make what you say true.
    You have actually been treated pretty well through this. Stop being a victim.. You are not.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That isn't me. I'm not a recluse I like to get out and shoot with anyone that wants to go. I'm fine with conflict and try to stay out of the subforums because I don't fall into the traditional values gun owner. There isn't a person here I wouldn't hang out with or joke around with. Understanding others and sharing personal viewpoints is the only way to grow.

I own one of your old guns lol.
    Ha, see. Im sure we've met then and all was well. Sorry usernames all run together

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    This post is filled with the mis-info Jamil and others refer to. Where are you getting all this.
    Where is all the racism. Name calling does not make what you say true.
    You have actually been treated pretty well through this. Stop being a victim.. You are not.

There are at least 4 posts with straight up white supremist undertones or blatant racists statements. I'm not calling anyone out, and I'm not referring to you. I don't feel a need to point out anyone individually for the sake of hoping for a collective awareness of subconscious bias on everyone's own terms. Rather than having them feel attacked and doubling down into their statements whether they meant it or not.

And fairly? Nah. But I'm OK with that I know and understand the hive mentality here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

[Evidence of holier-than-thou attitude in blue. I think you should start citing in support of your assertions rather than just inviting people to prove you wrong. First, I'm not aware of Burmese or Congolese being a race in and of themselves. Second, every time I check on your assertion that legal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes I find that it is an extrapolation from the generalized idea that percentage of legal immigrants went from 11ish percent to 13.5 percent but violent crime statistics dropped 16 percent over the same period, ergo legal immigrants must be less likely to commit violent crime. Nothing could be further from proving that truth as it fails to take into consideration any proof of causation. I suspect the FBI doesn't break down its crime statistics by immigrant status and country of origin and thus you are unable to support the claims you make. Prove me wrong]

If a refugee commits a crime they can face immediate revocation of their refugee status and face immediate deportation. Some do have trouble adapting and can get into trouble, but it's not a pandemic or even very common.

Forsake is an emotionally charged word implying abandonment, which itself implies we ever had any responsibility for them in the first place. One cannot abandon a people whose cause one has never taken up or supported materially

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Forsake is an emotionally charged word implying abandonment, which itself implies we ever had any responsibility for them in the first place. One cannot abandon a people whose cause one has never taken up or supported materially

If YOU can disassociate from the plight of humanity fine. Forsake means to abandon,
    Abandon means to cease to support or look after (someone); desert.

As a state we have been providing refuge to the burmese and Congolese for many years, so at this point in the game we would be forsaking them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are at least 4 posts with straight up white supremist undertones or blatant racists statements. I'm not calling anyone out, and I'm not referring to you. I don't feel a need to point out anyone individually for the sake of hoping for a collective awareness of subconscious bias on everyone's own terms. Rather than having them feel attacked and doubling down into their statements whether they meant it or not.

And fairly? Nah. But I'm OK with that I know and understand the hive mentality here.

Judgemental statements are ... well, judgemental. You are using your own personal standards to characterize ... negatively ... motivations you can't possibly know. To me, your posts are filled with progressive, bleeding heart statements - all feeling and no thinking through to conclusions (see how your methodology works)

Absolutely nothing is stopping you from contributing even more to 'the cause' than you currently claim to do (see, shaded language again), where you meet resistance is the insistence that we all enlist with you (at .gov's behest) rather than be satisfied with 'fellow travelers' (see, indirect innuendo again)

Climb down off the high horse

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Response contains no evidence/citations. You admit that we've been helping the Burmese and the Congolese for years, if we haven't solved the problem perhaps it is time to 'abandon' the methodology. We cannot solve our problems by using the same techniques that caused them in the first place. We cannot bring every or even a significant fraction of the world's oppressed to the United States and have it remain the United States. Conservatives know that change should be incremental and reversable if such change is found to be ineffective and/or disruptive or detrimental. Intrigueing that you would argue that changing status quo ante is somehow abandonment of those people yet wholesale change of the everyday situation of your fellow citizens is just necessary collateral damage. It is that that tickles the suspicion that you only have as much skin in the game as you choose to and resettlement isn't changing the character of where you are making your home. And it is the disregard of 'anecdotal' evidence, which is indeed the leading edge of societal effects of a policy before statistics can be assembled, that leads to suspicion of elitist motivations

Higher tax rates strained through a bloated federal government to coerce behavior from your neighbors or fellow citizens that they do not support will never be as effective as convincing them of the need and enlisting them voluntarily

View attachment 83129

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is pretty hard to believe what you post when you post lies like this and then defend them when it is obviously false. Kind of puts your veracity in question.

CKW sees these women who are obviously immigrants or refugees wielding EBC cards like light sabers at the local Wally World.

Just saying.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It is pretty hard to believe what you post when you post lies like this and then defend them when it is obviously false. Kind of puts your veracity in question.

OK lol you can show me their aid packages? Or would you rather volunteer to deliver their groceries bought with donations and see first hand all this handout they get.

Once they start working and paying taxes they may become eligible for assistance. I'm not sure. I know new families are wholly dependant in grants and funds set up for them. There are no Walmart trips they get a section 8 apartment with whatever furniture and decor the ngo has to make them feel home. Ikea donates quite a bit of furniture for them. I assure you they are not hoping off the plane and into a social security check.

Children attend public schools so they qualify for anything a regular kid does. Our should we tell those kids to f themselves?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I truly hope that when this whole thing blows up that those responsible and their dupes feel the affects the most, but alas that will never happen and George Soros, fully insulated from the folly he funds, will make billions manipulating the currency as the US falls from inside.

It is unbelievable that old school Christian religious organizations are involved with the likes of Soros...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I truly hope that when this whole thing blows up that those responsible and their dupes feel the affects the most, but alas that will never happen and George Soros, fully insulated from the folly he funds, will make billions manipulating the currency as the US falls from inside.

It is unbelievable that old school Christian religious organizations are involved with the likes of Soros...

Follow the money sir. Always follow the money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom