Eric Holcomb pushing for refugee resettlement in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    OK lol you can show me their aid packages? Or would you rather volunteer to deliver their groceries bought with donations and see first hand all this handout they get.

Once they start working and paying taxes they may become eligible for assistance. I'm not sure. I know new families are wholly dependant in grants and funds set up for them. There are no Walmart trips they get a section 8 apartment with whatever furniture and decor the ngo has to make them feel home. Ikea donates quite a bit of furniture for them. I assure you they are not hoping off the plane and into a social security check.

Children attend public schools so they qualify for anything a regular kid does. Our should we tell those kids to f themselves?

For starters the State Department funds their first 30 to 90 days here through the Reception and Placement Program. They provide funding for housing, appliances, clothing and food. When the refugee arrives they are taken to their new home. Then, after the State Department, the Health and Human Services Department kicks in with it's Office of Refugee Resettlement. They provide CASH and medical assistance, as well as short-term language, employment, and social services, and longer term integration services. These programs support many aspects of the refugees life for years after their arrival.

They

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How do you know what is in these supposed white supremacist hearts? I agree with them but I’m far from a white supremacist. Probably because I also don’t want white European or Russian freeloaders coming in that won’t assimilate into our culture. I don’t care what race or nationality you are. If you come here wanting to do your own thing like you always did in your home country and are not a contributing member of American society, I don’t want you here.

and for Gods sake follow the rules and immigrate legally.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How do you know what is in these supposed white supremacist hearts? I agree with them but I’m far from a white supremacist. Probably because I also don’t want white European or Russian freeloaders coming in that won’t assimilate into our culture. I don’t care what race or nationality you are. If you come here wanting to do your own thing like you always did in your home country and are not a contributing member of American society, I don’t want you here.

and for Gods sake follow the rules and immigrate legally.

And here it is in a nutshell people. Call me a racist because I believe in this. Not only in spirit but in the real.
    So this makes me a racist.
    Call me that to my face...….please. Please.

This labeling badging and name calling :bs: has gotten way out of hand with social media and the anonymity (false) of the keyboard.

This entire process sets my hair on fire and I have a lot of hair.

I want my country back.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Personally, I think the racism attacks are a weak argument, and lazy “out” to discredit who you disagree with in an attempt to end the argument.

Many people who cannot articulate their argument use the accusation as a crutch to belittle their opponents and try to shut them down/cancel them.

It is a blatant lazy attack used by intellectually weak and/or dishonest people.

EDIT: And if you insist on calling me a name, just call me a plain old Nationalist. Because I love this country and what it stands for. I welcome those who wish to come and follow the idea Roosevelt had.

[FONT=&quot]“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”[/FONT]

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I made my stance as a supported, and backed it up. As did the other side, yet when I disagree and touch on insecurity i get burnt at the stake
    You backed up nothing, you said NO public aid, I posted PROOF of public aid, you posited, not that much public aid! ANY ****ING PUBLIC AID IS TOO MUCH!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm not sure why we are bringing them all the way to the United States. There are at least 20 countries surrounding the DRC, several countries around Burma etc., they should be relocated in their region. We send Burma 150 million, Malaysia 9 million and DRC 36 million that should be where our support ends otherwise cut it off. Burma and the Congo have always been crapholes for as long as I can remember but if you have militia's coming into your community and taking your sons and daughters here's an idea, band together as a community, grab some AKs and make sure they are never seen or heard from again.
    Exacry, no need to relocate them around the ****ing globe, keep them closer to those that actually may have a common language, culture, whatnot?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If YOU can disassociate from the plight of humanity fine. Forsake means to abandon,
    Abandon means to cease to support or look after (someone); desert.

As a state we have been providing refuge to the burmese and Congolese for many years, so at this point in the game we would be forsaking them.
    We as a country have forsaken, sceased to support, and deserted our own ****ing Veterans, until THAT is fixed, **** ANY AND ALL IMMIGRATION AND OR REFUGEES!!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OK lol you can show me their aid packages? Or would you rather volunteer to deliver their groceries bought with donations and see first hand all this handout they get.

Once they start working and paying taxes they may become eligible for assistance. I'm not sure. I know new families are wholly dependant in grants and funds set up for them. There are no Walmart trips they get a section 8 apartment with whatever furniture and decor the ngo has to make them feel home. Ikea donates quite a bit of furniture for them. I assure you they are not hoping off the plane and into a social security check.

Children attend public schools so they qualify for anything a regular kid does. Our should we tell those kids to f themselves?
    JESUS ****ING CHRIST, is Section 8 grant money? No, it’s ****ING PUBLIC ****ING AID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I said I was done with this idiotic thread and I lied, but now I’m done again. Bleeders wanna bleed, no amount of anything will change a bleeding heart. Outie!!!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Who is making money from this, how much, and where is it coming from? Answer those questions and you will be along way towards seeing things for what they are, and not what you observe, or would like to see.

AFTM

I'm trying acronyms now.;)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here we go with be called racists again.

throw-hands-up-gif-1.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Your 'assurance' is worthless.
    The refugees receive TANF checks which are like Social Security checks only MUCH better.
    Refugees have NO work requirement while real Americans have to work for Social Security.
    Refugees didn't have to pay in a single penny to receive this while real Americans have to pay in their whole career.

It is free money from our pockets to the refugees pockets.

They can receive this free money for 5 years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If YOU can disassociate from the plight of humanity fine. Forsake means to abandon,
    Abandon means to cease to support or look after (someone); desert.

As a state we have been providing refuge to the burmese and Congolese for many years, so at this point in the game we would be forsaking them.
    See? There you go again.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    OK it's obvious I don't post much so please feel free to ignore this one. But I was going through this thread and after 500+ posts its pretty obvious that no one's point of view is going to change. So at what point does the magic fork appear to announce that this one is done?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Where I come from, Section 8 housing is considered "public assistance." (Leadeye, are you following the people building apartments on the South Side of Indy? Guaranteed tenants).

Part of the problem here, is that the welfare state in America has lost its sense of "nobility" and "gratitude." Many American welfare recipients enjoy luxuries unheard-of by their grandparents. Their lives aren't necessarily desirable by the normal definition, but yet they have iPhones, color TV, lotto, smokes, and can live their lives pretty much as they wish. The sense of gratitude has been lost. And it is galling to many people.

But refugees? They are _so_ grateful. And I get it. I understand why people like helping them. It's because that process of giving provides something they are not currently getting from the recipients of the American welfare state. Having money automatically deducted from your check and given to promiscuous drug-abusing people with iPhones who take the aid for granted, does not grant the same "joy" as helping a grateful refugee. It's totally understandable. If you watch the videos of the people describing the feeling they get from welcoming new immigrants, it's clear that this is a taxpayer-financed source of happiness for them. It fills the volunteers' hearts with pure, Christian joy.

The problem I have with this sense of joy, is that it does not recognize any constraints. Nobody will put a number on how many refugees should be crammed into South Indianapolis. Is it 5,000? Is it 10,000? Is it 15,000? Fifty thousand? A hundred? When you're talking about Christian zeal and compassionate joy, none of that enters into the discussion. The truth is this: they are going to keep bringing those people here, until every last refugee in every last camp is gone. Need is, by definition, infinite. The country most at-issue here, Myanmar, is now technically a democracy; yet refugee organizations such as Exodus are outraged that Donald Trump is taking measures which limit the flow of Burmese into Indianapolis. When it's Joyful Christian Zeal you're talking about, this is not going to end until we've completely de-populated Myanmar and every other refugee nation of every, last, single refugee, and brought them _here_. Because people like the ones in the video I posted above, are getting a source of joy from it. This is their hobby. It's their pleasure in life.

And I have 25% higher property taxes, because of it.

America lifts her Lamp beside the Golden Door; but the lantern has become a Porch Light. These people want America to be a no-kill cat shelter for humans.

This thread is valuable, for two reasons:

1) Most Hoosiers outside Indianapolis are not yet aware this is happening.

2) We're being told by holier-than-thou moral pontificators that the concerns we have expressed about this are invalid.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK people. I believe I stated that dropping the race card in here was not going to fly when I opened this back up for discussion.
    Looks like the resident regular is not to be held to this. Playing the victim and name calling is just not going to fly especially after I was pretty clear on the rules for this.
    You know exactly who you are.

We are done here. I will not open this one again. If the discussion is picked up in another thread understand what will not be tolerated.
    The "ONLY" reason a time out is not in order is I have been very active and expressive in this thread.
    And I stand by my statement.....Call me a racist to my face.
    Take that as you will.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom