• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    After about six months of shopping around and buying knives, I believe the ESEE and Spyerco lines are going to be my go-to. Like most people, I have a price point I just can't pass when it coms to knives. I figure if I pay $450 for a knife, just a few more dollars I'll have a gun. I'm not saying the knives aren't worth the money, but with ESEE and Spyerco, I get the best of both worlds: great products at a great price.

I just picked up the ESEE Junglas and Spyderco Manix II from KnifeLady and BradsKnives, respectively. The Junglas is a BEAST and I'm confident it will perform any job put before it. The Manix II came razor sharp and the jimping is no joke! When I hold it, my hand feels like it locks into the frame.

These are great knives and I definitely foresee an ESEE 5 or 6 and another Spyderco down the line.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Great thread Que, I know exactly where you're coming from. (Especially on the Manix II, I can't help but claim a little credit for you buying one off of Brad) Had tyler34, paddling_man, and flatlander not got me into Busse/Bussekin blades, I doubt I would've ever bought anything much above a RAT (now ESEE) fixed blade or a Benchmade/Spyderco folder.

I am a happy owner of an Izula, RC-3, RC-4, and an RC-6 (think ESEE-3, etc.), and I've been beyond satisfied. They offer a price to performance ratio that is truly unmatched, and an outstanding warranty/customer service to boot.

Knives are just like anything else. I'd love to own a LaRue OBR instead of my Spike's ST-15 as my go-to AR, but I can't justify the difference in price at the moment. There's not a single thing wrong with my rifle, and it was/is an amazing value with it's sub-$800 price tag for the quality and performance I received in return.

Bottom line, Brad and Sheila are top-notch folks selling top-notch products. You won't be disappointed buying from either of them.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I really like the Junglas after seeing it in action today. It definitely held its own with all of the other knives and then some.

I don't doubt it in the slightest, they are an outstanding value. I don't even need another blade that size and I've been considering buying one to "round out my ESEE/RC collection".

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I myself was very impressed with the Junglas 's performance. The factory sharp edge came through with no problems. :yesway: I always knew the ESEE knives are a good product and this event was a positive endorsement. :D

For the money and the quality it is hard to beat an ESEE. :twocents:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Que beat the hell out of that Junglas in the competition event and came close to winning it...I was very impressed with both the knife and user.:yesway:

Note: I can no longer joke or poke fun at him about his "letter opener" after seeing his performance.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yep the Junglas was used by at least 3 members. What a fine example of the Junglas at work. :D I will be sending Jeff Randall some pics of this event . He will like it. :rockwoot: I will let him know how INGO members likes the sharp edges and how they liked the Junglas. :D oops correction 4 members

Last edited:

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Ive always been a Spyderco fan. I carried a black Rescue for 15 yrs before retiring it. Great knives and affordable. Still have it and carry it from time to time.

Then I got bite by the ESEE bug (Izula). Great little knife that fits my hands perfectly. Since then Ive picked up a Junglas, ESEE-3 and have a ESEE-5 on its way to me. Still looking for a good deal on an ESEE-6 and ordered my wife a Izula of her own.

I think you can say Im hooked.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I carry an RC-4 at home, lanyard-ed, inverted inside left front pocket.
    Out and about, I carry a couple Emerson's in the front pockets.
    All are due to visit Tyler.

Top Bottom