• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Ever thought of doing affiliate marketing for things you might review for the site? Have a review for the stuff that's actually worth a dang, and then a link that sends a percentage of our spent monies back to INGO?

I thought about that after reading your experience with your new UA gloves. (Which I'm compelled to go out and buy today. lol)

I knew a guy in uni who was making upwards of 80k a year off affiliate marketing at age 23. Dude paid for a private dorm room, had a vette, and gave quite a bit to local charities.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Grats Evan!

Didn't even see this thread.

You need to spend a bit less time on INGO and more time shooting and come out the FNS with you dad and the group that we have shooting!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I can't believe I missed this for 2 days!

Congratulations esrice!

On a serious note, I think it would be great to get some more involvement from the shops down here in SW Indiana. There are quite a few members down here, and I think you could make a strong case for them to partner with INGO.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    On a serious note, I think it would be great to get some more involvement from the shops down here in SW Indiana. There are quite a few members down here, and I think you could make a strong case for them to partner with INGO.

Stop spying on my to-do list. ;)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Ever thought of doing affiliate marketing for things you might review for the site? Have a review for the stuff that's actually worth a dang, and then a link that sends a percentage of our spent monies back to INGO? ...

I knew a guy in uni who was making upwards of 80k a year off affiliate marketing at age 23. Dude paid for a private dorm room, had a vette, and gave quite a bit to local charities.

Unfortunately, this would lower the value of INGO noticeably. What we (hopefully) are getting currently are unbiased appraisals of items by actual consumers. I can go to the vendor's site if I want to read marketing material. Anyone that gets their income this way has a strong incentive to paint an undeservedly positive picture of the products they review in order to drive sales. In other words, they have a conflict of interest: Are they providing honest info to the reader or driving business to the vendor? If anyone gets compensation or free stuff for a review, then it should include a disclaimer to that effect.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What we (hopefully) are getting currently are unbiased appraisals of items by actual consumers.

Any review I do will be unbiased, and based solely on my own personal opinion. I'll be working with the INGO Advertisers and might do a future review on gear provided by them, but it will be with the understanding that my review is my opinion, and not an attempt to sell a bunch of their gear. If the review does sell some gear-- awesome. If it doesn't, then they'll need to re-evaluate the gear needs of their customer base accordingly.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Any review I do will be unbiased, and based solely on my own personal opinion. I'll be working with the INGO Advertisers and might do a future review on gear provided by them, but it will be with the understanding that my review is my opinion, and not an attempt to sell a bunch of their gear.

Good to hear. You've done some excellent reviews in the past with items that you've personally laid out the money for. However, other reviewers have been explicitly paid for their reviews (as TheCapulet's acquaintance may have been) and created misleading "objective reviews".

This is absolutely not intended as a slam on your good intentions. Unfortunately, there have been numerous scams of this type on the web. It got to the point where the FTC passed new regulations in 2009 about compensation combined with reviews and testimonials that directly affects bloggers. I recommend that you read the material at the FTC site as it may affect you.

Top Bottom