• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Are the tires they build here stamped Made in the USA or Made in Malaysia?
    Honestly I don't know, all I know is there's (at least what I've read) only 2 companies that can be considered american.. apparently there is some certification that based on where components are made and what percentage that determines if they can be called American made.. i could be wrong but I thought Cooper and goodforayear were the only 2 companies that have that ISO cert. I do agree with what someone else said that there is more to being American than just being made here

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    9ca17f480260df3c41de5af35cf333d0.jpg

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    :):
    BFGoodrich, Cooper, Dunlop, Firestone, General, Goodyear, Michelin, and Yokohama currently build tires here in America,

• now if we could just stop buying Clocks, Sicks, seazees,AK’s, HeckleR and Cokes, and all other foreign crap we might be able become an industrialized nation again rather than a bunch of assemblers.
      5851e5b1-a756-4e93-930c-1b5acded0d6b
      :rockwoot:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    :):

• now if we could just stop buying Clocks, Sicks, seazees,AK’s, HeckleR and Cokes, and all other foreign crap we might be able become an industrialized nation again rather than a bunch of assemblers.
      5851e5b1-a756-4e93-930c-1b5acded0d6b
      :rockwoot:

Nothing wrong with european trade.

It's farming out labor to the 3rd world that creates a problem for domestic manufacturing, since they can't compete with slave labor.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Nothing wrong with european trade.

It's farming out labor to the 3rd world that creates a problem for domestic manufacturing, since they can't compete with slave labor.

Agreed if the trade is fair. I have seen some lopsided deals that keeps the jury out on if it s equal or not. A canned comment "but they have plants here" doesn't wash so much if you follow the money. Slave labor takes rethinking if we can make anything else work here at home. I know it's easier to cave to lower prices but dignity has value also. It's harder work but worth it for me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://twitter.com/goodyear/status/1296111292827283462
    "First, the visual in question was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate, nor was it part of a diversity training class."

It is entirely possible that Goodyear are both being truthful, but also lying by omission. There is no denial that these slides were shown to staff. From their very specific wording, it is entirely possible that these slides were created by an outside vendor, or a local/regional store, and were presented as part of a general team meeting or any meeting that was not specifically a diversity training class.

I wish we could find out the truth.
    But the news today, couldn't find the truth if they were tied in a bag with it.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I'll admit I am deeply nationalist ( PLEASE don't confuse with white nationalist) so for the most part I am for hard tariffs on imported products. I love old Henry because as the say , "made in America or not at all"

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    4c2lp7.jpg

I guess Goodyear finally decided to put out their BS statement. All this happened because the marxists are everywhere in our colleges and are indoctrinating the kids that go to work in the corporate world now.

By the way, if supporting LE can't be said strongly enough, why did they say it last and not first?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I'm sorry but i seem to see some conflicting statements in that.. it seem they are saying we welcome all beliefs and opinions but keep them to yourself.. maybe im just reading to much into it??

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I'm sorry but i seem to see some conflicting statements in that.. it seem they are saying we welcome all beliefs and opinions but keep them to yourself.. maybe im just reading to much into it??

Keep questioning the doublespeak and you'll end up in Room 101.

Just sayin'.

Top Bottom