• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Its not just Evansville, its getting worse everywhere. I live near Louisville Ky, and shootings are increasing there very rapidly. Here in Harrison county there have been a couple of burglary rings broken up in the last month. The holidays, the economy, and of course drugs have people all stirred up.
    Ya gotta wheel, steal, or deal!

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    This town is going nuts. I can't remember so much armed criminal activity ever in the past.EPD Looks for Armed Burglar - NEWS 25 WEHT Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

I live just east of HWY 41, in the vicinity of U of E. I live alone in a small, 1 bedroom apt. I have lived here for 5 years. The first 4 years of my residency were problem-free. Nice neighbors, decent atmosphere. But over the past year, it seems like the western side of 41 has started to migrate over to my side. There have been countless incidents on my street and in the surrounding area over the past year, including the discovery of a meth lab across the street from my apt, a drive-by shooting, and my car being broken into on 3 separate occasions. I do not keep anything of value in my car, so nothing has ever been taken, but it's a terrible invasion of privacy to go through someone's things without consent and it has been extremely frustrating. My apt. is very well protected. I have guns, knives, machetes, and a Louisville Slugger all placed strategically through my place. And besides that, I'm awake all night, every night, so I don't fear a home invasion. It just really bugs me the way a decent neighborhood can turn into a cesspool in less than a year. What is this world coming to? As law abiding American citizens, we are responsible for protecting ourselves and our property. It amazes me the amount of people who live day to day with no form of protection. Wake up folks, the police will not be there when you need them. At least not right away. You are the only one who can protect YOU.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Folks are more desperate.

This could be debated for days and there still wouldn't be any resolution...

Criminally minded folks are going to do criminally-type things whether they are desperate or not...

Vs those who might have a criminal "bent" who've managed to keep out of trouble...

Vs those who really & truly are desperate and who are honestly just trying to feed their family. I'd bet that less than 0.1% of these types of crimes are by folks who've been pushed to the limit by hunger...

-J-

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I live just east of HWY 41, in the vicinity of U of E. I live alone in a small, 1 bedroom apt. I have lived here for 5 years. The first 4 years of my residency were problem-free. Nice neighbors, decent atmosphere. But over the past year, it seems like the western side of 41 has started to migrate over to my side. There have been countless incidents on my street and in the surrounding area over the past year, including the discovery of a meth lab across the street from my apt, a drive-by shooting, and my car being broken into on 3 separate occasions. I do not keep anything of value in my car, so nothing has ever been taken, but it's a terrible invasion of privacy to go through someone's things without consent and it has been extremely frustrating. My apt. is very well protected. I have guns, knives, machetes, and a Louisville Slugger all placed strategically through my place. And besides that, I'm awake all night, every night, so I don't fear a home invasion. It just really bugs me the way a decent neighborhood can turn into a cesspool in less than a year. What is this world coming to? As law abiding American citizens, we are responsible for protecting ourselves and our property. It amazes me the amount of people who live day to day with no form of protection. Wake up folks, the police will not be there when you need them. At least not right away. You are the only one who can protect YOU.

That didn't seem like a terribly safe area 15 years ago when I lived in Evansville. My brothers car trunk was broken into on UE campus even. I think you have just had a lucky 4 years.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    This could be debated for days and there still wouldn't be any resolution...

Criminally minded folks are going to do criminally-type things whether they are desperate or not...

Vs those who might have a criminal "bent" who've managed to keep out of trouble...

Vs those who really & truly are desperate and who are honestly just trying to feed their family. I'd bet that less than 0.1% of these types of crimes are by folks who've been pushed to the limit by hunger...

-J-

I agree. I don't think it's a matter of people becoming more desperate, just more brazen.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Definately not my house. Would have been a MUCH different headline and they wouldn't have to look far!

I think it is a combination of more "criminal types" that have moved in and bred themselves out of the government housing they infest and they are trying different methods like home invasions or robbing places with several people rather than one guy. I don't think the news helps much either, they tend to sensationalize even the smallest stuff anymore.

BTW that comment was great, was it any of you guys?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    See?, Evansvilles needs to be a "Gun Free Zone":rolleyes:

You know, this would never have happened if TF was there and AJ wasn't over overseas. :):
    When I left Evansville monday morning it was a great place to be, cannot believe TF and Mrortega have let it go to hell already. I left the family armed to the teeth so it's not their fault

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Definately not my house. Would have been a MUCH different headline and they wouldn't have to look far!

I think it is a combination of more "criminal types" that have moved in and bred themselves out of the government housing they infest and they are trying different methods like home invasions or robbing places with several people rather than one guy. I don't think the news helps much either, they tend to sensationalize even the smallest stuff anymore.

I am in Vietnam and had nothing to do with any wrongdoing anywhere

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    When I left Evansville monday morning it was a great place to be, cannot believe TF and Mrortega have let it go to hell already. I left the family armed to the teeth so it's not their fault
    AJ, when I was where you are now I was armed to the teeth, wide awake and with people similarly fixed. I was probably safer than sitting in my chair in my living room. Have fun and stay away from Tu Duc street:D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

Good comment. That wasn't there when I posted the story. See, TF, you are having a great influence far and wide. I guess we'll have to do an OC bike ride in this poor guy's neighborhood next spring. I guarantee he won't mind now!

Top Bottom