• ...and so much more!
  • j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    The Libertarian party?

I’m probably as libertarian as they come, and I’m also a 100% realist. The issue that we have is that each party candidate spends their time and energy talking about how “things should be”, i.e. the Libertarian platform currently calling for the abolition of the IRS. In my profession, IT consulting, it is easy to walk in show a client how the latest network and equipment would be better, faster, and cheaper than whatever cobbled together, evolved over time, system they are currently using. The problem lies in showing they can transition from their current state to the desired state without destroying their business. Paying for man hours and consulting for the transition is often more expensive and complicated than whatever the new gear and networking actually costs.

If anyone were to seriously propose returning the federal government to its original constitutional limits, they would need to provide a plan on how to return both the activities and finances not in the enumerated powers back to the states (and territories). This would have to include dividing the current federal debt and future liabilities for starters.

I’m all in, but the pragmatist in me saw Trump’s list of Supreme Court nominees as more concrete than Gary Johnson’s promise to legalize pot.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yup, pro 2A dems are just about as common as pro 4A repubs.

Funny how that works...if I vote for the party that tells me they will let me keep my guns, I get a government that supports a literal police state. I vote for the party that tells me they support due process, I get a government that supports a literal welfare state.

Our only practical choices are police state or nanny state. We are all voting against one of those, because we dont get to vote against both.

Welcome to dystopia.

I'm not sure I'd pretend the dems are any less of an offender on 4A issues. Some of the spookiest 4A infringements I've seen in my lifetime happened under the Obama admin wiretapping anything and anyone, political rivals and even journalists.

Both parties really have little regard for the constitution, it's just that one isn't blatant enough about it to threaten to drop a nuke on you for disagreeing. (If you think that's hyperbole, look up Eric Swalwell's comments.)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The only way you can vote D over R or R over D is by the "lesser of two evils" argument unless you live in certain districts. If I take the congressional roster from Indiana alone, I am sure i would disagree with members of both parties 99% of the time and the 1% i agreed with have a 99% chance of being in a district where I can't vote for them.

braydenw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2020
    Columbus
    The second all of this corona stuff kicked off my phone blew up from my liberal friends asking what guns to buy, they’ll never change the way they vote however so I didn’t give them more then a general recommendation, hoping to pick up their guns on the cheap after this is all over

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure I'd pretend the dems are any less of an offender on 4A issues. Some of the spookiest 4A infringements I've seen in my lifetime happened under the Obama admin wiretapping anything and anyone, political rivals and even journalists.

Both parties really have little regard for the constitution, it's just that one isn't blatant enough about it to threaten to drop a nuke on you for disagreeing. (If you think that's hyperbole, look up Eric Swalwell's comments.)

In other words, both parties are pretty much living off of their past reputations. Neither were the firebrands for their supporters’ pet causes that we like to believe they were. The republicans talk about ending abortion, smaller government, and 2A rights but their efforts seem to be mostly around generating votes for the next elections. The democrats talk about my body, my choice or helping “the little guy” but their legislative record has a different story to tell.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In other words, both parties are pretty much living off of their past reputations. Neither were the firebrands for their supporters’ pet causes that we like to believe they were. The republicans talk about ending abortion, smaller government, and 2A rights but their efforts seem to be mostly around generating votes for the next elections. The democrats talk about my body, my choice or helping “the little guy” but their legislative record has a different story to tell.

It always works this way: if they actually succeeded in achieving the political goals either side on abortion, gun confiscation, etc. the money would dry up. They cannot afford to lose the issue by actually achieving the goal.

Follow the money...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It always works this way: if they actually succeeded in achieving the political goals either side on abortion, gun confiscation, etc. the money would dry up. They cannot afford to lose the issue by actually achieving the goal.

Follow the money...

Sadly, it does appear that maintaining the issue for future fundraising rather than solving it is what they’re doing.

Top Bottom