• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I’m pretty liberal when it comes to most things. Also pro 2A. Prior to this thread I thought that was possible. I guess I need to find a buyback program and get rid of all my guns now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There were Jews that actually voted for Hitler and reasoned that he was just all talk and would never do anything to them. Liberals Democrats/liberal Republicans that vote for politicians that want to limit freedom are basically doing the same thing. Do we humans ever learn from history? No we do not. That's why we continue to repeat it over, and over again.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not I, just that many "common sense" gun controllers are acting differently right now. Most of those interviewed admitted they were libs and even feared their friends might find out they were interested in guns to protect their families.

Although if you do not like the policies of Trump, not the man, then you likely are a liberal...

LOL.

Trump is an autocrat and an enemy to anyone who actually values liberty. He, along with several hundred of his "ruling class" kin and several thousand of their bureaucratic rubber-stamping drones, deserve to see the sharp point of liberty.

The Federal system is too far gone to save. You will find virtually nothing representative of the American people in the Democrat or Republican parties...but those are our only practical choices.

I want a Federal Government that is only as big as the task requires...one that is limited to a clear set of enumerated powers, with the bulk of the job of daily government falling to the people themselves, or where absolutely necessary, the states. What I get is a government of endless war, of endless hunger for blood and treasure...and control. This isn't a Democrat problem. This isn't a Republican problem. This is the tree of liberty, desperately in need of fresh...water.

I'm no liberal, BTW...and I think Trump and his "policies" are ****.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Its pretty said when you have to choose between the lesser of two evils. My grandfather said doesn't matter because Evil is still evil no matter how you reason it.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I need a list of all politicians who have never voted for any gun control laws as defined by all the posters in this thread so I can vote by the INGO voting guide. If they have ever voted for any gun control law then I can never vote for them.

That is what I have learned from this thread.

And be very careful with the wording of this; almost every bill contain pork. So much so, that no one in congress today can say definitively say what they have "never" (or "always") voted for.
    We hear it come up in debates all the time: "You voted six time to ban XYZ." (Because XYZ was hidden as pork in the back of a bill supporting a completely different issue that all of their constituents wanted to have approved.)

This is only one of several issues I have with our (bastardized) system today...

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    It strikes me there a lot of guys here with one or two issues that they define as their party's.
    That's their right and that's fine.
    I view politics less as a moral crusade or a battle to determine who's a real American and more as a hard, cold, mathematical game ... a fight for resources, priorities.
    Frankly I think US national politics have degraded into little more or holding onto or gaining incumbency and is now breaking down into cult- or tribe-like behavior as a result. I know I never foresaw the day when the GOP would go pro-deficit/debt, protectionist and isolationist.
    Again, that's all fine and not mine to dictate. I'm one guy with a vote in the spring and a vote in the fall, same exact "clout" or lack thereof as anyone who's not a big donor. And I'm sure as hell far in the minority here.
    But the truth is I've voted for plenty of Republicans in my lifetime -- Sen. Peter Fitzgerald, George HW Bush and Bob Dole come to mind -- and might again if a centrist one ever emerges.
    And this: I'd tend to agree with Dabird, my having grown up in a rural-ish area in a blue state where there's lots of mainstream Dems who have never favored gun control and still don't. It's become one of two or three great wedge issues used by factions and strategists to whip up fervor.
    So if someone wants to portray me and all Dems as itching to kick in doors, seize guns and slice out babies ... not a heck of a lot I can do about it. I think it's utter bull, but if it works for you, have at it.

Right there with you.

What a load of FUD: "If you've signed on to the party with the platform of kill all babies at will, take all the money earned by others and give it to my friends, and yes take all the guns not in the overlords hands and you are commenting in this thread like that's not the case your argument is invalid."

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You have met politicians that don't want to limit your freedoms?

There were Jews that actually voted for Hitler and reasoned that he was just all talk and would never do anything to them. Liberals Democrats/liberal Republicans that vote for politicians that want to limit freedom are basically doing the same thing. Do we humans ever learn from history? No we do not. That's why we continue to repeat it over, and over again.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And a thing that is unlikely to ever happen. Most facets of the economic ideologies of the left involve the taking of the labor and/or the fruits thereof from those who produce it and giving it to those who did not, often doing so openly, at scale and, to extremes.

Remember, many hold "from each according to his ability to each according to his need" as a gold standard toward which we should all march, whether it is behind or in front of a bayonet.

Supporting the clear natural right and means of self defense and, therefore, potential resistance, tends to be counterproductive to such ends.

Karl Marx believed that the workers must be armed, and any attempts to disarm them must be met with force.

It's just the democrats who are so rabidly power hungry that they see armed citizens as a barrier for their agenda.

There's even growing gun rights support groups in the left side of the isle.

Once again, it's really just democrats. They believe every aspect of your life should be controlled by them because they know better for you.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m pretty liberal when it comes to most things. Also pro 2A. Prior to this thread I thought that was possible. I guess I need to find a buyback program and get rid of all my guns now.

Could be a Libertarian. Ive met quite a few dyed in the wool Democrats that when forced to do some introspection and figure out what they really believe, figured out they really arent Dems after all. I'm socially liberal and economically conservative.

This is the test they've taken. Yes, it is very macro, but it can open some eyes.
    https://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/
    One person was actually so insistant that she was really was a Democrat that she was going to take the quiz repeatedly and change her answers to prove it doesnt always give the same result. :): (she's a dem because her mom is, as is her grandma, and great grandma was too... her world apparently was shattered)

Then there is my sister's boyfriend. In his early 60s and swears up and down he is Independent. Yet he constantly cheers for Democrats. Though quite often when I challenge him to "show his work" and explain why a Democrat platform piece is right/moral/just, he folds like a cheap card table.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    5whO5Bb.gif

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I just read all 18 pages of this thread and half way through I had to remind myself what the title was. Excepted to see discussions about what we as responsible gun owners are or should be doing to help new gun owners learn to be safe and responsible with firearms. I have had a few good conversations with people at work that are now new gun owners and even helped one make a decision on what to buy and walked her through basic gun safety, proper grip and sight picture, and how to clean the firearm. All of this was accomplished without bringing up anything political at all. We as a community should be setting politics aside and reaching out to anyone who might need help with their first firearm. Will some people be stubborn and difficult, refusing to acknowledge they need help? Yup Will some of them vote different than you? Yup. But that shouldnt keep us from trying to help as many new gun owners as possible be responsible gun owners.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Yup Will some of them vote different than you? Yup.

To ME, some discussion on this should also follow.
    Just ask the "Newbees" to follow the voting record of the people that they are thinking of casting a vote for??
    Ask them to remember that the 2nd Ammendment is there to support all others...Bill.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Still no answers? :dunno:

Yup, pro 2A dems are just about as common as pro 4A repubs.

Funny how that works...if I vote for the party that tells me they will let me keep my guns, I get a government that supports a literal police state. I vote for the party that tells me they support due process, I get a government that supports a literal welfare state.

Our only practical choices are police state or nanny state. We are all voting against one of those, because we dont get to vote against both.

Welcome to dystopia.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So why not have a new political party that actually defends the constitution and does not bend to big government? Who would these people be? All I can think of died within 70 years of the declaration of independence.

Top Bottom