• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Why would this bring you hope?? More laws? More government control? More police state? Curfew in America?

Now you can't even be homeless in America without looking out for cops. Can you feel the freedom? You can lose every last possession in life, and then arrested just for existing. Then taxpayers are on the hook to pay for your living expenses.

What a bogus law. None of its supporters surprise me.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...There is hope for America.

Why would this bring you hope?? More laws? More government control? More police state? Curfew in America?

Now you can't even be homeless in America without looking out for cops. Can you feel the freedom? You can lose every last possession in life, and then arrested just for existing. Then taxpayers are on the hook to pay for your living expenses.

What a bogus law. None of its supporters surprise me.

Rambone... I'm just guessing, but based on other comments SemperFi has written... I would guess the above quote to be sarcasm.

Or in this case, "sarchasm" ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Liberals only like the downtrodden when they can use them to further their ideology. Any other time they want them to be hidden away so they can live out their "utopia".

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Rambone... I'm just guessing, but based on other comments SemperFi has written... I would guess the above quote to be sarcasm.

Or in this case, "sarchasm" ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill,

I have him on my ignore list. I'm done feeding the trolls. It's bad for my mental health.

Since you asked, my point was that even Libtards have limits on what is acceptable. Since there are limits to what even Libtards are willing to accept and more importantly push for in the way of progressiveness, America has hope.

I don't care if SF wants to allow or disallow crackheads to defecate and urinate on their streets in front of people. Maybe they can all go to what's his name's house and he can feed them all and let them use the bathroom. Buy lots of shampoo and soap. And Prozac and Zoloft.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    They have big time problems out west with this kind of thing. it just don't get cold enough out there. People come from all over to hang out and panhandle and all kinds of nasty stuff happens.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Bill,

I have him on my ignore list. I'm done feeding the trolls. It's bad for my mental health.

funny-pictures-cat-situation-is-awkward.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I know this sounds crazy, but I kind of liked an America where people could do what they wanted as long as they weren't infringing on other's rights to do the same.

Guess I'm old-fashioned. Bring on the police state.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I know this sounds crazy, but I kind of liked an America where people could do what they wanted as long as they weren't infringing on other's rights to do the same.

Guess I'm old-fashioned. Bring on the police state.

Like the right to own a business without some guy bugging all your customers or taking a crap in your doorway when it's raining.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Like the right to own a business without some guy bugging all your customers or taking a crap in your doorway when it's raining.

You know, there is a big difference between allowing someone to simply exist on public property and allowing someone to defecate on your private property.

If you'd like to discuss the legality of someone soliciting your customers or damaging your property then we can do so. That is not what's being discussed here.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    You know, there is a big difference between allowing someone to simply exist on public property and allowing someone to defecate on your private property.

If you'd like to discuss the legality of someone soliciting your customers or damaging your property then we can do so. That is not what's being discussed here.
    so how would you propose the correct the situation? i do agree that people shouldn't be punished for simply existing, but i do see the point that it could be bad for a business if they are panhandling in front of it.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    But critics say cracking down on the sidewalk gatherings will alter the neighborhood's unique character, and cause the city to suffer more economically.

:laugh: "Sidewalk Gatherings???" Cause the city to suffer economically??? :laugh:

Let me translate. If we move the bums off the sidewalk, we'll take in less money.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    so how would you propose the correct the situation? i do agree that people shouldn't be punished for simply existing, but i do see the point that it could be bad for a business if they are panhandling in front of it.

Protesting and boycotting can be bad for business too. That doesn't mean we should outlaw it.

We certainly shouldn't allow panhandlers to physically block people from going places or to damage private or public property, I will agree. But their mere existence being bad for business really isn't a justification for this.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    :laugh: "Sidewalk Gatherings???" Cause the city to suffer economically??? :laugh:

Let me translate. If we move the bums off the sidewalk, we'll take in less money.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
    Unfortunately, this law is likely to be applied across the board and will impact more than just panhandlers. When you were a kid, did you ever just sit on the curb and watch traffic go by? That would be illegal. Sit down outside a store to wait for mom or dad? Illegal. Decide to have a 2nd Amendment sit in outside a government office? Illegal. There are always unintended consequences when duh masses speak.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Unfortunately, this law is likely to be applied across the board and will impact more than just panhandlers. When you were a kid, did you ever just sit on the curb and watch traffic go by? That would be illegal. Sit down outside a store to wait for mom or dad? Illegal. Decide to have a 2nd Amendment sit in outside a government office? Illegal. There are always unintended consequences when duh masses speak.

Oh don't worry. Police will just use "common sense" to only enforce this terribly broad law on the "bad guys."

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

Sure lets discuss it. The bums in that part of the country, at least what I saw in my 2months of living in downtown Portland Oregon were all over the place. I am talking about people in their 20's fully capable of working, constantly bugging you for money, food, cigarettes.

How is the city supposed to survive when these bums ruin it for, travelers, property owners, citizens. I would sooner see those rights protected. This law is designed to do that, yes that is it's purpose, to make it undesirable to hang around all year at these places.

The funny thing is, with all the services that were previously given to these people the problem is compounded, now they want to try to stem it some a little too late though.

Top Bottom