• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohenheim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Warsaw, Indiana
    Maybe not as much for laughs but I bought a gsg-16 in bright blue just for fun. Mp5 style. 22. It was sitting in the clearance section of a gun store and thought it just looked really fun. Put a little red dot on the top to enhance that tactical feel. People love it. Cheap to shoot and looks like you pulled a skined gun right out of a video game.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Got another for shits and giggles gun today. The naa in 22lr. Always intrigued but have never had one until today
    Gonna have to work out holding on to it.
    It's a 22 that actually kicks and wants to jump.

Also, I cock the gun with my (non shooting) hand.
    If you use the one you're shooting with, you have to move your grip to cock it, and then regrip.
    To me, it's easier to keep the grip on the gun, and cock with the other thumb.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    View attachment 291782

Whoever designed and or buys this thing?

221 Fireball? What the... lol

It was designed for handgun silhouette shooters and varmint hunters that wanted a long range(for handguns) capable platform. The .221 fireball was created specifically for the shorter barrels in these handguns to reduce flash and blast. The only real flaws of the design are that it is only a single shot and the bolt is on the wrong side.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Bought a Ruger Super Redhawk 10mm that had the barrel cut down to 3" from 7.5". It just called to me. I have shot it quite a bit since buying it a year or so ago.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It was designed for handgun silhouette shooters and varmint hunters that wanted a long range(for handguns) capable platform. The .221 fireball was created specifically for the shorter barrels in these handguns to reduce flash and blast. The only real flaws of the design are that it is only a single shot and the bolt is on the wrong side.
    I have a few Fireballs, not lots of loading info with a Fireball in a rifle out there.
    I have a XP, two Contender barrels and a Cooper bolt in it. Super fun and cheap to shoot.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I'm guessing the bolt was a tooling cost decision. Some engineer designed it to be made into a handgun, but can be easily fitted with a rifle barrel and rifle stock. Wasn't the model 600 the same action but with different bolt face?

Top Bottom