• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Sad. They've been labeled the "enemy", so no one will even listen to what they're saying.
    I believe in free speech, but bringing violence makes me wish a few of those "brave" antifa would get a chance to die for their cause.

It's not surprising to me they were labeled the "enemy". You have to understand their politics and goal. If you're not a radical communist or anarchist, just itching to start the violent revolution or civil war, you're the "enemy". They want war. They want widespread insurrection. They want widespread riot.

John

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    A Beating in Berkeley | The Weekly Standard

A pretty good article on the Samoan and half Japanese man that are leading the "white supremacist" rallies on the west coast.....

That was an interesting article. This may seem strange, but I found that article reassuring to a certain extent. It gave me the impression that a fair amount of antifa is just a bunch of rich kids play acting at anarchy. I don't doubt the leadership is nuts, but the bulk of the numbers may just be spoiled kids looking for a cause to support. Thus, hopefully, they will grow disillusioned with it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's not surprising to me they were labeled the "enemy". You have to understand their politics and goal. If you're not a radical communist or anarchist, just itching to start the violent revolution or civil war, you're the "enemy". They want war. They want widespread insurrection. They want widespread riot.

John

Sounds like a case of "be careful what you wish for".
    Like a story one of my brothers told me about a new guy showing up in his unit, wanted to see some action "before it was over".
    So my brother stood in front of him, looked him in the eye, and asked him if he'd feel the same while trying to put his buddies guts back in. Then he told him to STFU.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A Beating in Berkeley | The Weekly Standard

A pretty good article on the Samoan and half Japanese man that are leading the "white supremacist" rallies on the west coast.....

I just finished reading this. What an awesome first-hand look at the lead up to last weekend's violence.

I really liked the ending.

we’re getting the hell out of Berkeley, as I honestly don’t trust that they won’t be attacked again, here in the cradle of the Free Speech Movement, if somebody spots them. As we drive over the San Mateo Bridge, I ask Joey how he feels about what happened today. “I’m starting to love this town,” he deadpans. “It’s starting to be my playground.”

Then he gets serious. “We can’t just shut up, just be quiet, and let this evil continue. The darkness continues to get bigger and bigger in our country, and it will be gone. The country will burn, I’m telling you, if we don’t do things to stand up against it. We all take it for granted. We take for granted everything that we have. That’s why we have to wake up and understand. *******, we have too much to lose.” His eyes well as he takes a long pause, looking out on the shimmering San Francisco Bay. “We can’t stand by, we’ve gotta stand up. And we’ve got to do it together, or it’s gonna be gone.”

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am concerned by the lack of police involvement in the latest riots. It would seem at some point the Police would break it up?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sad. They've been labeled the "enemy", so no one will even listen to what they're saying.
    I believe in free speech, but bringing violence makes me wish a few of those "brave" antifa would get a chance to die for their cause.

That could very easily be arranged if they are stupid enough to come inland.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That was an interesting article. This may seem strange, but I found that article reassuring to a certain extent. It gave me the impression that a fair amount of antifa is just a bunch of rich kids play acting at anarchy. I don't doubt the leadership is nuts, but the bulk of the numbers may just be spoiled kids looking for a cause to support. Thus, hopefully, they will grow disillusioned with it.

Do not get complacent about them. There are hangers-on who show up, like the woman killed in Charlottesville, but the ones in black bloc in particular, looking like riot police are the hard core. They're not just spoiled kids who randomly show up. They're training themselves on how to conduct organized street brawls. Of the thirteen arrested for the recent Berkeley violence, half are in their 30's and many are from Oakland with a few from much farther away. They're there to do real violence. Their goal is inciting riot. It's the reason they're wearing modest body armor and helmets, using shields, and carrying billy clubs, axe handles truncheons, heavy chains and heavy bike locks. I've watched some of the videos of them in operation. They're potentially lethal.

John

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do not get complacent about them. There are hangers-on who show up, like the woman killed in Charlottesville, but the ones in black bloc in particular, looking like riot police are the hard core. They're not just spoiled kids who randomly show up. They're training themselves on how to conduct organized street brawls. Of the thirteen arrested for the recent Berkeley violence, half are in their 30's and many are from Oakland with a few from much farther away. They're there to do real violence. Their goal is inciting riot. It's the reason they're wearing modest body armor and helmets, using shields, and carrying billy clubs, axe handles truncheons, heavy chains and heavy bike locks. I've watched some of the videos of them in operation. They're potentially lethal.

John
    This is right. The thing we don't want to happen is to let them get as strong as they are in Europe. Now some people might rightly notice that what I just said sounds eerily like what we hear as the justification for violence that the left uses referring to the radical right: White Supremicists, Neo-Nazis, etcetera. And it is in part because both things are true. We don't want either side to gain power. Seeing the massive sea of Tiki torches was surreal. Troublesome. Seeing the the massive numbers of black bloc in Berkeley and San Francisco was too. We don't want either to get stronger.

But what is different about my admonition not to let them get powerful is that I do not advocate doing it through violence like the tribal left does, and the tribal right. I advocate doing it through speaking the truth to the people who tacitly support those committing the violence. Violence only serves to further divide into respective tribes. It only makes the other side stronger by getting people in the middle to pick one side or other of the extreams. The left radicals were further strengthened by the murder of the counter protester. The rifght was strengthened by the violence in Berkley. Starve the the exremes. Don't fuel them.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    There are hangers-on who show up, like the woman killed in Charlottesville,

John

look she LIVED THERE ! her town,her taxes paved that road. sick of people saying she was antifa and worse she wasnt a hanger-on.... if she didnt want neo Nazi or white supremacists in HER town she had every right to be there in that street to tell them that.

Heather Heyer, 32, of Charlottesville, Va., was killed in Saturday's car attack after a protest involving white nationalists in the college town.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    look she LIVED THERE ! her town,her taxes paved that road. sick of people saying she was antifa and worse she wasnt a hanger-on.... if she didnt want neo Nazi or white supremacists in HER town she had every right to be there in that street to tell them that.

Heather Heyer, 32, of Charlottesville, Va., was killed in Saturday's car attack after a protest involving white nationalists in the college town.

I watched several livestreams of the protests that day. I have no reason to believe that she was an Antifa member. There were a lot of local folks in the crowds who said they just wanted them to leave, and it seems reasonable to think she was one of those. I did get the feeling though that many of the locals had a tacit support for the Antifa thugs in a sort of "enemy of my enemy" sort of way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am concerned by the lack of police involvement in the latest riots. It would seem at some point the Police would break it up?

Look up the riots of the late 60's and the LEO interventions.

LE is not willing to put themselves in the limelight the media will cast upon them if they try and hold these idiots at bay.

Top Bottom