• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Funny that there is no mention of ANTIFA here either. "White nationalists" are the problem according to the local paper...

City suspends farmers' market amid white supremacist threats

It's a real issue for regular farmer's market vendors, in the middle of the harvest season...

What will market vendors do with all that produce?

Must subscribe to read?

Sorry, not much choice on the HT site. Often googling the title will turn up the article or other sites references to it, if there is interest to do it.

https://www.idsnews.com/article/201...rmers-market-suspended-for-next-two-saturdays

...Hamilton will hold a press conference Wednesday morning to address the situation. The time and place of the conference have yet to be announced...

https://indianapublicmedia.org/news...o-weeks-amid-concerns-about-public-safety.php

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is why we can't have nice things.

PS - here's the instigator:
    https://history.indiana.edu/faculty_staff/faculty/caddoo_cara.html

Full Biography
    I am an historian of film, mass media, race, and African American history. My first book, Envisioning Freedom: Cinema and the Building of Modern Black Life, is a history of early African American cinema from the 1890s to the 1930s. In the late nineteenth century, an era marked by mass migration and Jim Crow segregation, African Americans were pioneers of American cinema. They produced and exhibited their own motion pictures, often transforming black churches into motion picture theaters during off hours. These film exhibitions raised money for black institutions, created shared social experiences, and broadcast ideas about racial uplift. As African Americans integrated the moving pictures into their aspirations for black progress, a vibrant black cinema culture developed across the pathways of turn-of-the-century migration. These developments informed the first mass black protest movement of the twentieth century, which politicized the demand for visual self-representation and articulated the belief that mischaracterizations in film constituted "civil death" and a violation of "natural rights."

First of all, I'm absolutely shocked to learn that she's a professor at IU. Shocked I say.

Second, she's an Asian woman that has built her career studying African American film. Seems an awful lot like cultural appropriation to me.

Apply purple as needed.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    ...Hamilton will hold a press conference Wednesday morning to address the situation. The time and place of the conference have yet to be announced...

https://indianapublicmedia.org/news...o-weeks-amid-concerns-about-public-safety.php

Probably going to give the location to select, pet members of the media at the last second. Hammy doesn't want to get milkshaked for not crucifying the alleged nazis in front of the market.

Translation: I get paid to write nonsense while other people do actual work.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the indianapublicmedia page:

"As Mayor, I have spoken for our City to condemn white nationalism and white supremacists as a scourge on our country and our community, and to promise that we will do all we can to overcome their legacies and any current efforts,” Mayor John Hamilton said in the release.

“We also want to assure that everyone knows that all are welcome in our inclusive Bloomington unless you're one of those white nationalist produce growers, and that our Farmers’ Market will embody those values of inclusion and welcoming (except you white nationalist tomato vendors), as well as be a safe space for all the LBGTQRSTUV, POC, child transvestite community to gather, as our community expects every Saturday.”

FTFThem

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And I want to go on record that I do not eat the recommended amount of vegetables each day. Because :patriot:!

ETA: I do get ketchup (once considered a vegetable for school lunches), mustard (made from the seeds of the mustard plant - another vegetable), and lettuce (clearly a vegetable) on my Wendy's double Baconator, so I think that's pretty good!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for living far south of Bloomington. The bloated corrupt university and the closed factories on Curry Pike tell the story of that town.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for living far south of Bloomington. The bloated corrupt university and the closed factories on Curry Pike tell the story of that town.

yes i grew up there and it was a very different place...i only go there to work(some) and see my family that is left there.....sicking place

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    From the indianapublicmedia page:

"As Mayor, I have spoken for our City to condemn white nationalism and white supremacists as a scourge on our country and our community, and to promise that we will do all we can to overcome their legacies and any current efforts,” Mayor John Hamilton said in the release.

“We also want to assure that everyone knows that all are welcome in our inclusive Bloomington unless you're one of those white nationalist produce growers, and that our Farmers’ Market will embody those values of inclusion and welcoming (except you white nationalist tomato vendors), as well as be a safe space for all the LBGTQRSTUV, POC, child transvestite community to gather, as our community expects every Saturday.”

FTFThem
    You forgot to add antifa types in their safe space for all.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    a lot of people down there and the other progressive sites are blaming the 3% ers. They are the ones that escalated this. They are the ones in all black with the masks intimidating people. Really? Are they? How about some 1%ers show up down there for a real good fight.

When did the 3 percenters start getting a bad rap?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I dunno. Maybe it's just me. But before I get bent out of shape over white nationalist farmer's markets, I'd kinda want some evidence that they're actually white nationalists. And if they are, yeah, maybe protest. But you can't violate their rights anymore than you'd want them to violate yours.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I dunno. Maybe it's just me. But before I get bent out of shape over white nationalist farmer's markets, I'd kinda want some evidence that they're actually white nationalists. And if they are, yeah, maybe protest. But you can't violate their rights anymore than you'd want them to violate yours.

The Carmel Synagogue defacer threw her name out to the FBI as someone with whom he'd communicated. Not sure if that was liking their vegetables on Facebook or if it was after he identified his third grade teacher as KGB.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    First of all, I'm absolutely shocked to learn that she's a professor at IU. Shocked I say.

Second, she's an Asian woman that has built her career studying African American film. Seems an awful lot like cultural appropriation to me.

Apply purple as needed.

Someone should call her out and DEMAND she stop doing that.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    So they shut the Farmer's Market down for a couple of weeks, which basically gives these A-Holes a temporary victory. I can't wait to see how emboldened these pieces of **** become now.

Bloomington has had a problem with homeless people and panhandlers for years, and now we have ANTIFA creeping in. I can't wait to step over my first fresh turd on Kirkwood as I'm walking into Nick's. We'll be little San Francisco before you know it.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Report: Antifa Plans Terror Campaign And Siege Of El Paso, Texas To Push ‘Border Resistance'
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/30/report-andy-ngo-antifa-siege-el-paso-texas-resistance/
    EArVjRMUwAEBC09.jpg:large

EArVjRMUcAQfQHn.jpg:large

Top Bottom