• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Is true. This stuff is tough as my mother in laws dark, frozen heart.

These knives will be Beast Mode though!!! If they don't kill me first.

PointFiveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    St. Joseph County
    What are you making out of it? I am working with my first shipment of 1095 right now, once I get the hang of heat treating this stuff I want to move on to either 3V or 154cm.

Post some pics and info as you grind :D

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    What are you making out of it? I am working with my first shipment of 1095 right now, once I get the hang of heat treating this stuff I want to move on to either 3V or 154cm.

Post some pics and info as you grind :D

i tell you what. cpm154 or 154cm is the best bang for your buck out there. in my opinion. for 99% of users, it is ideal. i use it in almost all my knives. this time around, i ended up with a bunch of various steels... so i used them. when i order next it will be my standard flavors of cpm154... and a big sheet of 1095 for tomahawks and axes!!!!

cpm154.

don't buy all the hype on other stuff. the reason everyone switched to s30v was because that was the "cool" steel. not because it is better, but that is what everyone was seeing, so thats what people wanted. i could make two knives, one s30v the other 154cm and most people would never know the difference. and the price is SO much lower!

cpm154.

do it.

doooooo it!

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    its coming. i am doing my best to get it under the wire at the chop in! but i may be being to unrealistic... especially since i just remebered i am out of belts now.....

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    its coming. i am doing my best to get it under the wire at the chop in! but i may be being to unrealistic... especially since i just remebered i am out of belts now.....

I think there are a few guys around here that would order and have some belts over nighted to ya!:D

:lmfao:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    3V is awesome stuff. I've got a ZT 0100, and it is one mean mother.

I get sad every time I see that Monkey Edge video. Should have ordered one of those when I had a chance :facepalm:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    and to compound my agony:

i am running short on handle bolts. i have about 4 sets left... as i stand there, assembling the handle to a BEAST of a 3V chopper..... one of them scampers off to parts, never to be found, in the shop! happens all the time! nice!

told the Head Finace Officer i needed belts and bolts.... needless to say.... the look was not of lustful, young love.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Knifemaker finace 101. Make knife. Spend more on parts, pieces, tool, and misc to have BOUGHT a similiar (and probly nicer!) knife from someone else. Be sad. Do it again. Be less sad. Sell stuff to make more, better. Be sad again. Sell knives at a loss, but actually be happy about it! Watch people gasp when someone asks how much a knife costs. Do mental math and reassure yourself that your time really should be free.... And that losing money is better than..... Making money.

?

Is that last part sound stupid to anyone else!!!!!!!!????????

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Knifemaker finace 101. Make knife. Spend more on parts, pieces, tool, and misc to have BOUGHT a similiar (and probly nicer!) knife from someone else. Be sad. Do it again. Be less sad. Sell stuff to make more, better. Be sad again. Sell knives at a loss, but actually be happy about it! Watch people gasp when someone asks how much a knife costs. Do mental math and reassure yourself that your time really should be free.... And that losing money is better than..... Making money.

?

Is that last part sound stupid to anyone else!!!!!!!!????????

I haven't gotten to the selling part yet. I have fifteen profiled blanks in several states of grinding right now and am realizing I "NEED" another grinder or attachment to make profiling easier (and a better grinder)...need more belts, handle material, bolts, maybe some stainless instead of 0-1 and 1084...so on and so forth. :laugh:

Strangely I already understand the last part. It would be satisfying to have someone else with one of my blades who likes it.

Here's my awesome 3X21 profiling grinder I used for the deep recesses(which I don't think will last much longer doing this)...

Octprofiled-S.jpg

Top Bottom