• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "[STRIKE]Republicans[/STRIKE] Democrats don't seem to grasp that it is an abuse of office to ask foreign governments to investigate political rivals for the purpose of influencing an election."

Who paid for the Steele dossier again?

She Who Must Not Be Named

caW1We3.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "[STRIKE]Republicans[/STRIKE] Democrats don't seem to grasp that it is an abuse of office to ask foreign governments to investigate political rivals for the purpose of influencing an election."

Wait, that's a great point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Republicans. Kinda. Mostly Democrats. But Republicans started it.

John McCain was involved in contracting FusionGPS, along with some conservative group. I don't recall who. Then when Trump won the nomination they dropped it. The DNC picked up the contract, and eventually Hillary's campaign took it over. Well. A law firm representing them, not them. Steele wasn't hired until after the contract went to the Democrats though. So technically, Democrats paid for the Steele dossier, but Republicans had their hands in it at the beginning.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Republicans. Kinda. Mostly Democrats. But Republicans started it.

John McCain was involved in contracting FusionGPS, along with some conservative group. I don't recall who. Then when Trump won the nomination they dropped it. The DNC picked up the contract, and eventually Hillary's campaign took it over. Well. A law firm representing them, not them. Steele wasn't hired until after the contract went to the Democrats though. So technically, Democrats paid for the Steele dossier, but Republicans had their hands in it at the beginning.

Did you just enact "The Stolen Chicken"?
    LMXiP3i.gif

***WARNING***
    Blood and Violence...... but not always in that order.
    [video=youtube;9alq4e9CCbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9alq4e9CCbs[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What office did that person occupy that would constitute an abuse of it?

Dude, I don't think that "Limbo" is an office that you can occupy.
    She was no longer the SOS (see what I did there) but she was heavily involved with that money laundering scheme "Clinton Foundation" (I'm sure she just mixed up her checkbooks is all) Unless killing witnesses is an official job in DC, she wasn't doing much other than trying to rationalize her actions.

How many subpoenas were filed by that time? I lost track.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Did you just enact "The Stolen Chicken"?
    LMXiP3i.gif

***WARNING***
    Blood and Violence...... but not always in that order.
    [video=youtube;9alq4e9CCbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9alq4e9CCbs[/video]

So, you're saying Epstein was the one behind all of this. It all makes sense now.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So according to Kut, Hillary can do that because she was not in office at the time, and Biden cannot be investigateed because he is running for one... LAMO...

i hope he finds a better crew...

Here, maybe I need to make it more clear... "Abuse of OFFICE." If you don't understand what that means, and why it doesn't apply to private citizens, not in govt, then I'm questioning why you are even in this discussion. As for Biden, I didn't make mention, nor reference the man.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So, does Biden get a free pass for anything he wants now or.....?

And wasnt Trump investigated while he was running?

What am I missing here? I dont get it...
    It boils down to Biden shouldn't be investigated for doing the exact same thing as Trump because he is not Trump. Pretty easy actually.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    True, Trump didn't threaten to withhold anything. Biden specifically stated that the billion dollars in loan guarantees would be withdrawn.

Ah I gotcha. I meant the Russian thing for Trump...

Even still, just because someone is running for office shouldnt mean they cant be investigated for a crime (if thats a crime, I guess I don't even know)....that doesnt seem right at all, Ive got to be missing something...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You and I have gone around a bit on some disagreements about Trump's character, and I'm sure you'd agree that I'm not a fan of Trump. However, I'm pretty strongly against impeachment because I haven't seen evidence of something that I would say rises above the known transgressions of presidents who weren't impeached. If we were going by Kut's standards, Obama should have been impeached in his first term. If we have unbiased standards for presidents, and not partisan standards, we should see clearly transitive criteria for impeachment. I have to admit, that I am eagerly inclined to click the "approve" button on a poll, after having witnessed the double standards, outright lies, and one-sided elitist reporting. Maybe you look at this as people coming on board the Trump train. However, I look at it as reluctant support not so much for everything Trump does, but more in protest against the hysterical ideologues trying to subvert democratic choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom