Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So according to Kut, Hillary can do that because she was not in office at the time, and Biden cannot be investigateed because he is running for one... LAMO...

i hope he finds a better crew...

Hillary did some **** when she was running too. Didn't she ask the Ukrainians to dig up dirt on Trump? No, she wasn't IN any office, but she was running for office.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ah I gotcha. I meant the Russian thing for Trump...

Even still, just because someone is running for office shouldnt mean they cant be investigated for a crime (if thats a crime, I guess I don't even know)....that doesnt seem right at all, Ive got to be missing something...
    I'm all for investigating actual crimes by both parties.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here, maybe I need to make it more clear... "Abuse of OFFICE." If you don't understand what that means, and why it doesn't apply to private citizens, not in govt, then I'm questioning why you are even in this discussion. As for Biden, I didn't make mention, nor reference the man.

No one is asking anyone to impeach Biden. Or Hillary. But breaking the law should kinda tend to disqualify one for office, if breaking the law is grounds to remove someone from office. Or, hell. Idunno. Maybe DC should keep electing known crack addicts.

Is consistency such a hard thing to ask for?

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    I look at it as reluctant support not so much for everything Trump does, but more in protest against the hysterical ideologues trying to subvert democratic choice.

Double whammy for me. I like the guy and I REALLY dont want those lefties calling the shots....terrifying.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It boils down to Biden shouldn't be investigated for doing the exact same thing as Trump because he is not Trump. Pretty easy actually.

I think the big picture is that the hysteria is definitely part of the culture war among rank and file. I think they just play the role of useful idiots. But with leaders, especially in the Democratic party, with RGB barely clinging to life, it's more about desperation and exploiting the culture war to help them turn voters against Republicans. They're certainly pulling out all the stops. Democrats are desperate to get any Democrat in office because they're afraid of Trump stacking the courts against RvW. It appears to be backfiring.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Double whammy for me. I like the guy and I REALLY dont want those lefties calling the shots....terrifying.

Sigh. Well. There are some things to like about the guy. And there are some things to hate about the guy. The summation of which kinda puts him in negative territory for me. He's a least evil who does some stuff I like and some stuff I hate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No one is asking anyone to impeach Biden. Or Hillary. But breaking the law should kinda tend to disqualify one for office, if breaking the law is grounds to remove someone from office. Or, hell. Idunno. Maybe DC should keep electing known crack addicts.

Is consistency such a hard thing to ask for?

Ok, let's take this step by step. What law has been allegedly broken?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh jeez. Do I have to make a list? We'll be here all day listing all the stuff I've already mentioned on INGO for the past two years. So here's the highlights in no particular order of importance.

• Authoritarian
    • Only opportunistically pro-gun
    • Overbearing
    • Says stupid things when he's not on script with a teleprompter
    • Tweets idiotic things that tend to undermine himself when he's winning a position
    • Incoherent
    • Crass
    • He's a narcissistic megalomaniac.
    • Lies about things that don't matter.
    • Lots of character flaws which he kinda wears on his sleeves.

Some things I like:

• policies which are fiscally conservative.
    • He fights back against bat-**** crazy democrats, something Republicans were always too highbrow to do.
    • He's not bat**** crazy in terms of believing
    • Uh. I can't think of any more, but surely there has to be one or two more.
    • Surprisingly he tells the truth about some things politicians tend to lie about. He lies, but mostly about unimportant stuff. Like his inauguration crowd. Or his hand size.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok, let's take this step by step. What law has been allegedly broken?

Dunno if it's even a legal thing. Probably more of an ethical thing... or bad PR if the details were to come out.

Though I'm of the mindset that every President finds a way to benefit from the position.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, since reasons change from day to day, I'm going to need to know which demonstrably false reason to address.

It seems obvious that you should build your case that the statement you disagreed with is demonstrably false. Should be easy to do. You know. Since it's demonstrable.

So demonstrate it. Build your case.

Screen-Shot-2014-07-30-at-12.14.31-PM.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It seems obvious that you should build your case that the statement you disagreed with is demonstrably false. Should be easy to do. You know. Since it's demonstrable.

So demonstrate it. Build your case.

Screen-Shot-2014-07-30-at-12.14.31-PM.png

Nah, the post said that Biden did the exact same thing as Trump. Well, those "things," seem to change fairly frequently, and of the things that are subject to investigation (on Trump's part), I'd like them to be locked down so I know which one to demonstrate as false. It's opened-ended statement, with numerous possibilities. Feel free to help him out if you can want to tell me that it's ok to investigate Trump for, but not Biden.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    Oh jeez. Do I have to make a list? We'll be here all day listing all the stuff I've already mentioned on INGO for the past two years. So here's the highlights in no particular order of importance.

• Authoritarian
    • Only opportunistically pro-gun
    • Overbearing
    • Says stupid things when he's not on script with a teleprompter
    • Tweets idiotic things that tend to undermine himself when he's winning a position
    • Incoherent
    • Crass
    • He's a narcissistic megalomaniac.
    • Lies about things that don't matter.
    • Lots of character flaws which he kinda wears on his sleeves.

Some things I like:

• policies which are fiscally conservative.
    • He fights back against bat-**** crazy democrats, something Republicans were always too highbrow to do.
    • He's not bat**** crazy in terms of believing
    • Uh. I can't think of any more, but surely there has to be one or two more.
    • Surprisingly he tells the truth about some things politicians tend to lie about. He lies, but mostly about unimportant stuff. Like his inauguration crowd. Or his hand size.

Im new here. I have no idea what you've been up to for the last two years.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Come on Kut. Do you not see what is in all of this.

No, not at all. I see people grasping at straws, and their pretty much all Trumpicans, regardless of how embarrassed they maybe to admit it. Note, I said Trumpicans. Those are pretty much the only people that buy into the nonsense. Conversely, it's not just the liberals that see the scam being played.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Im new here. I have no idea what you've been up to for the last two years.

Depends who you talk to. To some, I'm a nevertrumper because I am capable of criticizing him. To some I'm an alwaystrumper because I am capable of praise or occasionally push back at what I think is unfair or biased criticism.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom