• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Dinner time came and Mrs. Miguel was out and about, so Miguel Jr. and I drove to Elwood Conservation Club to do a little plinking.

We got there, signed in, unloaded the car and **** me Alex if my staple gun had a FTF! I mean that son of a gun would not project a staple for anything...I did my best Clint Smith and "tapped, racked and shot" but not a damn staple would come out. Didn't appear to be a jam and the staples were in good shape. No idea what the deal was. Of course, nobody else was at the range, so I couldn't borrow anyone's stapler or tape or... Poor little Miguel Jr's vocabulary expanded a little today, I'm embarrassed to say!

Luckily we had his self-sealing ground hog spinner and a nearly shot-out piece of plywood in the trunk with one (1) Shoot-n-See target (used) already stapled into it. That took care of him, but I was still screwed. Ended up drawing circles on some corrugated with a Sharpie.

The good news is I'm so pissed I'm going back tomorrow with a new American-made staple gun!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Worst part is I know I can give the stapler to my wife and it will work perfectly. Then Miguel Jr. will think I'm mechanically inept. (which is true, he just doesn't know it!)

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    I've jammed sticks through the paper target through old bullet holes in the plywood in a similar predicament. Thank goodnes it wasn't windy! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Worst part is I know I can give the stapler to my wife and it will work perfectly. Then Miguel Jr. will think I'm mechanically inept. (which is true, he just doesn't know it!)
    Oh cripes, happens to me all the time. Wife comes plowing in like a cowboy to save the day and makes whatever I am having issues with work. :xmad: She is lucky I love her. :D

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    perhaps frowned upon by Leo's and Co's, but floating a gallon milk jug down the creek, and using it as a mobile target is AMAZING. couple hundred feet of string tied to the handle for retrieval of course.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    perhaps frowned upon by Leo's and Co's, but floating a gallon milk jug down the creek, and using it as a mobile target is AMAZING. couple hundred feet of string tied to the handle for retrieval of course.

I think that shooting lead into the creek/creek bed would be the concern as well as potential ricochets off of the water surface.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've jammed sticks through the paper target through old bullet holes in the plywood in a similar predicament. Thank goodnes it wasn't windy! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I've been known to use .22 brass lying around for this purpose. Luckily our range uses cardboard so it's easier to insert.

OP, we're laughing with you, not at you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ahhhh....a rite of passage. From father to son. I learned most all my curse words when my dad was trying to fix something. I call them them fixin' words.

Top Bottom