• ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Posted a link to the Two Million Gun Owners Against Gun Control page and got this message from a childhood friend. Not surprised coming out of Oregon...

"How dare you oppose gun control after what happened? No one is wanting to take away the right to bear arms...but the right to bear semi automatic 30 round clip weapons meant for war? How dare you!"

:bash:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    These fools don't consider that war could come to them, like it has in Syria, or practically every country on Earth at some point or another. They are the type of people who end up slaughtered in other countries, and begging the US military to save them.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I hope you replied something along the lines of "How dare you trod the Constitution underfoot? What kind of person are you that you would cast aside the rights that were earned for your sorry, ungrateful, complacent ass with the blood of men of much stronger moral character than you? I despise you. You make me want to vomit."

Or some such.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    These fools don't consider that war could come to them, like it has in Syria, or practically every country on Earth at some point or another. They are the type of people who end up slaughtered in other countries, and begging the US military to save them.
    and they will happy with the weekly loaf of bread they're given.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    The media have these people worked up into such a frenzy that they'll believe anything. I'm having a hard time keeping my composure on Facebook. This misinformation is mind-boggling.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Really tired of the term "assault weapon". It's fictitious. ANY object used to do harm to another person is by definition an "assault weapon". For God's sake! A few weeks ago the "assault weapon" was a subway car. Today a story from Chicago were a woman was attacked with an "assault turd". Literally. A sock with a HUMAN TURD in it was cast upon an unsuspecting victim! I am fairly confident that we can't ban number 2.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The media have these people worked up into such a frenzy that they'll believe anything. I'm having a hard time keeping my composure on Facebook. This misinformation is mind-boggling.

I'm not so sure the demarcation between "us" and "them" is as solid as we thought. I've seen more than a few posts here that give me pause.

Amen brother! I too loath Facebook. I prefer my "friends" in person.

Right, because everybody who uses FB is an idiot just because idiots use FB too. Newsflash: you're using a social media site to post your disregard for social media sites.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Facebook is one of the greatest opportunitys reasonable and literate gun owners have gotton since the printing press. I've reached at LEAST dozens of people otherwise totally untouched by gun ownership and other wise completely awash in antigun propaganda. So sure of their own righteousness they were marching with the AWB Flag like they just discovered America and in a couple of comments they are rethinking their entire concept or at least stopped posting to try coming up with better arguements.

It's my belief they have to be having a come to Jesus moment when they realize there really is no arguement and don't respond at all after only one or two comments. That's about as good as you can expect from life long gun banners who've just had a lifetime of commitment rocked and swirling before their eyes.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    As if we are advocating zero gun control laws. Liberals just need to realize that their silly Utopias will never exist. Criminals will always have guns, coal will always be burned, and Americans like big cars.

In regards to your friend, ask them if they'd care to join you for drinks in downtown LA slums some night. Maybe take a nice walk through Chicago at 3am or spend the evening at a DC bus stop. Limp noodle sissies want to feel safer by imagining a world without the means to hurt them.

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Next time, just say he's a Prole or one of the Party. Good Orwellian allusions will stop anyone in their tracks.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Facebook is one of the greatest opportunitys reasonable and literate gun owners have gotton since the printing press.

It's also a great platform for complete idiots to spew their rants as well.

For every reasonable, literate gun owner there are 10 anti-gun/radical gun owners that are also persuading the fence-sitters.

The radical (moronic) gun owners are much worse for our cause than the antis.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's interesting how they always preface their statements with "I don't a gun but its ok to have guns for hunting" or "No one wants to take away your 2nd amendment" <exact quote> And then they proceed to launch into their ideas on which of your rights you can do without.

I've been coming back with this, especially for the ones who have kids:

You live in a country, and state, that grants you the right to be the first line of defense for the ones you love. Your family's safety is your responsibilty first and foremost. What justification do you give for refusing that responsibilty and passing it off to the police who cannot respond to an emergency as quickly as you can?

It tends to get quiet after that...

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Facebook is one of the greatest opportunitys reasonable and literate gun owners have gotton since the printing press.

I definitely agree. I'm really happy to have hooked up with so many INS and INGO folks on Facebook. And I can definitely see some progress among my fence-sitting friends, especially when we can point out the hypocrisy in the government.

Last edited:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Here is the latest iteration of garbage from his mouth:

"Guns are the problem. We're not going to change society by forcing everyone into a family system, and that's just speculation anyway. Guns are the easiest way to kill--and there's nothing wrong with wanting to regulate who has them, or what kind."

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here is the latest iteration of garbage from his mouth:

"Guns are the problem. We're not going to change society by forcing everyone into a family system, and that's just speculation anyway. Guns are the easiest way to kill--and there's nothing wrong with wanting to regulate who has them, or what kind."
    Tell him your idiot to english dictionary is missing and ask him to translate that for you.

Top Bottom