• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So my Atterbury trip didn't happen yesterday. I had four handgun 3 calibers ready to go with preloaded mags. My wife, dad, and step mom were Going. 2p doctor's appointment, gave us plenty of time. Doctor was 1:45 late, thus no range trip. I was sad but there are more important things in life.

What epic shooting days/trips of yours have been foiled by life?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Uh - back when I 21 and REALLY excited about shooting, I made a trip up to Don's guns. I was also REALLY excited about firearms safety. Left the keys to the gunlocks at home. Drove home, got the keys, unlocked the guns, threw the locks in the trash, and drove BACK to Don's to shoot (2hrs in the car for 30 minutes of range time. Ugh.)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I ran out of ammo once.

Seriously. I thought I had a few boxes in the range bag. Turned out I had just a couple of loaded mags. Made for a short range trip.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I took my younger brother to HCFG last winter. We had a decent window of time so there shouldn't have been any hurry. Like an idiot I pulled my car down to the range area and got stuck in the snow and ice. We spent 2 hours shoveling snow and white rock under the wheels to get it to the top of the hill again. It left us with about 5 minutes of hurried time to shoot and sore backs for weeks.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I went shooting as part of a day trip with Grandpa and found I had left the recoil spring/slide stop pin for my Ruger at home 2 1/2 hrs away. I had cleaned it just before leaving...

- AND-

Earlier this month I went to Atterbury to try the SKS, set up on the 50 yd range, fired and realized I could not see the hole. Then I realized I forgot my Binoculars... had to shoot "blind" until I could but some orange peel targets. Even then it was hard.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Spending an hour cleaning up spent brass, garbage, shot up target stands and other debris left by the inconsiderate people before me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Spending an hour cleaning up spent brass, garbage, shot up target stands and other debris left by the inconsiderate people before me.

I hate that.
    Some people should learn some range etiquette, but I guess they act the same no matter where they go, not just at the range.

JeepinGunGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    South Bend
    I got stuck in the Jeep at the bottom of the hill at the range, it took 4 hours to dig it out enough to hit a tree and cause $4500 damage to the left front. And another hour for a 4WD backhoe to dig and drag me up the hill. With 3 10 year old boys watching and freezing. We never did get to shoot at all that day.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bought a 10/22 for my daughter. Came with a snazzy lock and key. Put the key on MY Car's ring.

2nd trip to the range... grabbed the 10/22... paid for the range, got our lane, got out my ammo. Set the 10/22 on the bench....

Looked at my daughter....

"Uh Oh... we drove mom's car and I don't have the key to unlock the gun"

Ended up having to rent a Mark II and buy some .22lr from the range since I couldn't use my ammo in their rent gun. Cost me an extra $20, but the plus side is that my daughter got to shoot her first pistol :D:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Trying to shoot some .223 handloads for groups with a 20+ mph wind (that would gust much higher) coming from my 5 o'clock about 2 hours ago. :D

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

This didn't used to be a problem at my club. I went shooting last weekend, first time in many months there, and the ranges looked like crap.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Once Went to pick up my buddy in a hurry and left my tacks, targets, and magazines home. But he had a nice range trip, since he isn't a idiot like me.

Top Bottom