• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I shoot at Ceraland in Columbus, pretty nice range. Anyways, got all the gear ready, pulled up to the gym to sign in and the range is closed for repairs. These repairs are due to idiots shooting posts! You know how you shoot posts....You aim for them, I mean really c'mon. I mean they are destroyed, support posts as well. That's just stupidity, people just tear $h!t up and don't care. If anyone shoots there say something, turn they're @$$ in. Sorry had to vent, that one has been on my chest since Sat.

drygulchstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Went to the range my brother came down we went out shooting I bought a Ruger 7 mm went out one shot and it wouldnt eject a shell wasted trip for me.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    My father and I were going to the range, mainly to shoot our M1 Garands, had a can of ammo, already in the en blocs. Had a couple other weapons as well. Loaded up the car, drove an hour something to the range, fire off the pistols, get to the rifle side, open the can, and seems we grabbed the wrong one, nothing but shotgun shells, and we didnt bring any shotguns. Oh well, at least it wasnt a complete loss. Still a good time

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Went to the range once and forgot the key to get in...DOH!

Forgotten ear plugs, targets, and ammo...all in the same trip...dunno what I was thinking...(I probably wasnt).

My brother and I where at the range and the guy next to us had two "fail to fires" in a row...turns out you cant shoot .40 ammo out of a .45...but the firing pin had enough punch to kick one full .40 round out of the end of the barrel.

We almost pooped our pants at that one...hey...dont say you aint never not done nuthin stupid.(5X negatives make a positive....YEAH!)

God bless
    -Shred

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Went to the range once and forgot the key to get in...DOH!

Forgotten ear plugs, targets, and ammo...all in the same trip...dunno what I was thinking...(I probably wasnt).

My brother and I where at the range and the guy next to us had two "fail to fires" in a row...turns out you cant shoot .40 ammo out of a .45...but the firing pin had enough punch to kick one full .40 round out of the end of the barrel.

We almost pooped our pants at that one...hey...dont say you aint never not done nuthin stupid.(5X negatives make a positive....YEAH!)

Went shooting one time, a relative of mine (not saying who) loaded 40s in his 45. Fired ok, but ruptured the shells and wouldnt feed. Finally asked the range people what was wrong with the ammo, and yea, made us look like FNGs, cause I couldnt figure it out either
    God bless
    -Shred

Went to a range and a relative of mine (not saying which one) fired a couple 40s out of his 45. Ruptured the shells and we couldnt figure out what was wrong. Looked like a bunch of FNGs when he told us we were using the wrong rounds.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    All I know is if I intend to go shooting. It WILL rain at some point that day. May not prevent me from going but it will at least make it a muddy mess.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've got one that might be new for everyone.

Couple of weeks back, went to the range with 2 friends to sight in ARs. I got my AR on bags, magazine in, round in the chamber. Looked through the glass, got on target, reached for the trigger.....where's my trigger?

I had taken this trigger out and put it in another AR and didn't replace it. That's the first time I had ever heard anyone say, "Crap, brought the gun and ammo, but left my trigger at home".

I will be purchasing 2 more 2-stage triggers in the near future.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    All I know is if I intend to go shooting. It WILL rain at some point that day. May not prevent me from going but it will at least make it a muddy mess.

I love to shoot in the rain. Keeps the yahoo's away from the range. Seems that if I do rifle work, I shoot better groups in the rain as well.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    When I was 15 my dad, brother, and I went to the Sugar Ridge range intending to shoot .22's and our 20 gauges. Left the .22 ammo at home and the wind was blowing so hard you couldn't pattern the shotguns worth a darn.

The time my slug barrel wasn't frmly snugged down was also rather irritating. Pricey as well.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    was gonna meet a few of my buddies at a range down south...im in indy, and my buddies are in blooimington...well by what i just stated i suppose you could guess what happened...i show up at the range to find out that theyre far too hung over to drive...so i went all the way down there for nothing...not really tho, cus it was the day i got my ar functioning flawlessly.. but i was still ****ty at those guys

Top Bottom