• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    TL/DR: Bunch of Catholic school kids with MAGA hats in Washington DC are confronted by a radical militant black group and a radical Native American activist who approaches one kid and continuously bangs his "war drum." Kid in MAGA hat smirks at him. Blows up on social media and the news, leftists doxxing and calling for the kids' lives to be ruined. Angry tweets from the usual celebrity suspects. Democrat congressman calls for the banning of MAGA hats and blames Trump. Longer video shows that it was actually the MAGA kids who were approached and harassed by these leftist scumbags. Much backpedaling ensues, along with the usual double-down from the more virulent TDS sufferers.

The lie goes viral, the retraction/correction goes on page 7 a week or two later and the damage is already done

Lather. Rinse. Repeat

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The lie goes viral, the retraction/correction goes on page 7 a week or two later and the damage is already done

Lather. Rinse. Repeat

With the kid Not being a "public figure", it is entirely possible that he could have a successful slander/ libel/defamation suit against a whole bunch of "media" outlets and personalities with a lower burden than most of these cases.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But is that just monetary, or can the 'news' outlet be forced to take proactive steps to mitigate the damage to his reputation

These days the character assassination on social media could eventually cost him admission to a selective school or even future employment

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    There is no such thing as "the middle" anymore. "The middle" are the TDS/gun control crowd.

Another one of those blanket statements that's simply not true.

The middle are the people that have full time jobs, kids to raise, taxes to pay, etc.
    Just don't have the time for the alt.right or the extreme far left crap.
    It takes a lot of time to hunt down something to be enraged about, and 100% of the time completely missing the stuff they probably should be concerned about...

I just don't have the time or inclination to be enraged about protesters colliding, there are driveways to clear out for the older folks, there are jobs at the shop that need finished, there 101 things on the 'Honey Do' list...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

The middle are the people that have full time jobs, kids to raise, taxes to pay, etc.
    It takes a lot of time to hunt down something to be enraged about, and 100% of the time completely missing the stuff they probably should be concerned about...

I just don't have the time or inclination to be enraged about protesters colliding, there are driveways to clear out for the older folks, there are jobs at the shop that need finished, there 101 things on the 'Honey Do' list...

I’m not “the middle” and I have a full time job and kids to raise also. I don’t “have time” to be enraged about anything, but it’s my duty as an American to make time to keep informed on our political issues.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...I just don't have the time or inclination to be enraged about protesters colliding, there are driveways to clear out for the older folks, there are jobs at the shop that need finished, there 101 things on the 'Honey Do' list...

102... you have to get those automatic weapons built for the nazis living next door. Chop chop.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

But yet here you are commenting and making a "blanket statement" about who the middle is.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    But is that just monetary, or can the 'news' outlet be forced to take proactive steps to mitigate the damage to his reputation

These days the character assassination on social media could eventually cost him admission to a selective school or even future employment

I don't know if such an injunction could be issued/enforced, particularly in the short term. When I have seen such things, they usually happen as part of a settlement.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know if such an injunction could be issued/enforced, particularly in the short term. When I have seen such things, they usually happen as part of a settlement.

This. The question becomes whether they are more interested in a retraction which essentially proves the falsity of the statements, or mitigation of damages. I'll go with the former.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just goes to show...
    If it's on the news, it's probably not true.

Look up "NBC - Exploding GM pickup trucks."
    I see no reason to think they have reformed in the last 26 years. This was just the first; ABC and CBS have done similar things.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Honey Do List Item #25: Tell INGO how much I don't care about an issue by posting about it multiple times in the same thread.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I’m not “the middle” and I have a full time job and kids to raise also. I don’t “have time” to be enraged about anything, but it’s my duty as an American to make time to keep informed on our political issues.

*IF* you pay attention to the important issues, and you seek fact checking when a subject warrants time & effort, then you are in the middle.

The top 15% will get everything right 99% of the time.
    The bottom 15% will get everything wrong 99% of the time.
    The 70% in the middle will have to apply time, effort and some IQ points to figure out what's facts & what's trash.

The problem with the bottom 15% is they either worry about the wrong things or won't accept stone cold facts when presented.

The face off between extremest groups is a gathering of bottom 15% people, so no one or nothing is going to change their minds.
    It's a waste of time & effort to talk to them.
    Any questions about their 'Position' is seen as a direct challenge, so you get attacked instead of answers, doesn't matter if it's abortion, firearms, immigration, climate change or anything else.

To even discuss a 'Non-Event' is a waste of time & effort...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    To even discuss a 'Non-Event' is a waste of time & effort...

irony.gif

Top Bottom