• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Of all of the significant players in this whole fiasco: the Catholic school students, the Black Israelites, the drum-banging Indian, the MSM and the social media mob, it is interesting that the ones that least deserve condemnation, did the least harm and deserve the most respect are the children.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    National Review Managing Editor "Apologizes" For His Post Slanderously Accusing Covington Boys of "Bullying" and "Evil";
    Does Not Say the Boys Were Innocent, Merely That His Tone Was Too "High-Handed" and "Preachy"

giphy.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is interesting to me.

I'll certainly not defend Catholic-school teenagers in sporting competitions who do intolerable things, any more than public school kids. Bad sportsmanship is bad sportsmanship.

I can tell you, though, that I've seen public school behavior - from kids and parents - that was intolerable BECAUSE we are a Catholic school. There is a double standard among many people. Things like, after a hard foul, "And you call yourselves Christians."

Wait.

It was a hard foul. What does that have to do with being a Christian? We're supposed to allow free layups down the lane because that's in the Gospel somewhere?

In fact, I was in earshot when a ref told a coach that he was calling a foul because he expects "better" from the Catholic school.

In terms of the fans, having gone to lots of Catholic school v. public school events, the parents of both have the "intolerables" in about the same proportion. (The Catholic school parents just tend to use complete sentences and correct grammar.) ;)

(That last jibe was intended as a joke.) :D

Gospel of St. Larry. James the First left it on the cutting room floor

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Save money, buy it directly from China where they are made... Just saving you some $$$!

40 year reunion this year...
    I went to my 20 year reunion, didn't hit the 5, 10 or 15 year reunions, was in the Marines, at the 20th I was pretty lost.
    Might hit the 40th, is every 20 years or so bad manners?

Depends on how much you liked your classmates. Twice in 40 might be two too many :cool:

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Remember, it's okay to ignore celebrities, Trump, facebook, twitter, politicians, mainstream media, the NFL, Trump, etc.

That leaves more time to concentrate on the things that matter in life. Things like the "Hot Girls Fishing" thread.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Protestant here but married a Catholic girl and chased after the St Anthony and Providence girls when in Middle School and High School...It may have been the uniforms...Or the knee socks....

Either way they got me.....

I know better, Indi. When those girls transferred over, they were little wild things!

Don't worry, I won't blow your cover

"No, Mrs. Ucky, we weren't talking about much of anything important"

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The Washington Post issued a correction noting that Nathan Phillips (the Indian drummer) did serve in the Marines, but was never in Vietnam.

Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Remember, it's okay to ignore celebrities, Trump, facebook, twitter, politicians, mainstream media, the NFL, Trump, etc.

That leaves more time to concentrate on the things that matter in life. Things like the "Hot Girls Fishing" thread.
    If only I could figure out how to rep you via Tapatalk!

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

Top Bottom