Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm sure police are trained to use the engine block and other structure as cover. It ain't just one piece of sheet metal between LEO and shooter.

How do you get behind the engine block, even rolled up in a ball it is pretty hard to get as small as a engine block.

I understand on a felony stop or when you simply have no choice but when you are going to a active scene where there are .308 rounds being fired all over the place you generally don't want to use your car as cover...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well 15+ rounders illegal in CO if rifle, so this must have been a handgun...

i'll be interested in who it was and the motivation. Still not clear to me where it actually happened, wasn't this inside some sort of planned parenthood facility?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    How do you get behind the engine block, even rolled up in a ball it is pretty hard to get as small as a engine block.

I understand on a felony stop or when you simply have no choice but when you are going to a active scene where there are .308 rounds being fired all over the place you generally don't want to use your car as cover...
    In a pinch you'll use whatever you think will keep your ass from having more than one hole in it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow, Social Media is going NUTS..

"Christian Terrorist"
    "Tea Party Terrorist"
    "Republican Terrorist"
    "Fox News watching Terrorist"
    "Conservative Terrorist"

:rolleyes:

(and Right Wing Terrorism as per above post)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"

But now, the Media uses the word Terrorist and Terrorism with any crime involving more than one person. All Terrorism is a criminal act, not all criminal acts, are terrorism.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Maybe the shooter is a radical "Pro Choice" advocate afraid that some right-winger might close the Planned Parenthood Clinic.

edit out to remove wrong suspect's name

I'm guessing the PP was coincidental. I think he was shooting OUT of it, not into. None of the PP staff or patients were injured. well, at least not due to bullets :(

Last edited:
    Top Bottom