• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm saving this picture for the next time someone asks me what I would do if I won the lottery. Beautiful collection!

Question: What is that on the trigger guard of the center rifle?

It’s a cover that pops off quickly with the flick of a finger. Keeps anything from getting into the trigger guard when you don’t want it to. I don’t travel with or store rifles with a round in the chamber but I like that it helps protect my triggers from possible damage, I have a few that cost quite a bit. Just an added level of security, it’s from https://triggersafe.us/

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It’s a cover that pops off quickly with the flick of a finger. Keeps anything from getting into the trigger guard when you don’t want it to. I don’t travel with or store rifles with a round in the chamber but I like that it helps protect my triggers from possible damage, I have a few that cost quite a bit. Just an added level of security, it’s from https://triggersafe.us/

Thanks, Phylo!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Since my brother a Cop up in the Detroit area "borrowed" My Colt SPII back in the 90's and has not returned it yet, I would say my CAR-15 Parts gun from the 1980's, I got in Washington State at a
    Gun show, as that's all I have.
    Looks like the old Colt Commando XM-16 series.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I have built many. My favorite factory rifle is the Ruger MPR and my go to is an 18” MPR upper on a built Magtech lower, Geissele trigger, 1-4 Steiner PX4I. Dialed up with tuned 75gr PRVI I loaded and hit a 18” steel plate at 1,000 yard on first shot. Not bad for a CQB purposed rifle.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    My favorite is probably my 450 Bushmaster. I put it together back in 2013 and have put 6 deer down with it. Last year I used my 6.8 and put 2 down with it. I set up a 7.62x39 a couple years ago but haven't hunted with it. It might be the one I use this year. I didn't set it up to run and gun with. It has an Athlon 3-9 (don't remember the model, not expensive). I did sight it in using Hornady Black 123 SSTs. No hiccups and grouped well at a 100yd. Running AR Stoner 10 rounders.

The 2017 buck using the 450. Vortex Viper 1-4, Timney 4 lbs, 20" barrel and the PRS hanging off the back.
    U5F9KUl.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    FAifhgVh.jpg

LWRC IC-Di, with a Trijicon Accupower 1-8 in a Seekins mount with a 45° offset dual power RMR (idea being besides the surefire no batteries needed). Surefire scout light, Geissele super precision charging handle and a ELF drop in match trigger.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    FAifhgVh.jpg

LWRC IC-Di, with a Trijicon Accupower 1-8 in a Seekins mount with a 45° offset dual power RMR (idea being besides the surefire no batteries needed). Surefire scout light, Geissele super precision charging handle and a ELF drop in match trigger.

Good choice, Dean! I've got a similar upper. Good looking setup you have there.

PYBLQ7d.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Good choice, Dean! I've got a similar upper. Good looking setup you have there.

Nice! The LPVO's really are worth it past 400 yards and I wanted a "do all" rifle so it's a bit of a hog. Might get a magpul stock like yours and hopefully get a Surefire WarComp added this week. Then it will be "finished" again for a while. I want to try the magpul stock as the LWRC stock is a bit loose for my tastes.

Edit: anyone like the Larue Padded sling? Thinking of picking one up to replace my old single point SOE sling

Last edited:

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Have one I built from all premium PSA parts that has ate every type of brass cased ammo you can name and never gave me a single issue and its at 2500+ rounds and counting.
    Have two Aero Precision AR's I absolutely love also have digested every maker of brass cased 223 you can name and they both are actually very accurate and both have noticeably better triggers than the PSA and been 100% reliable.
    IMHO best AR-15 under $700 at the time you could buy.

Now that I have become completely immersed in my AR's I have become completely awed by the firearm genus of Eugene Stoner. Read a great deal about the history and development of the AR-15 platform and are loving learning about AR tech and maintenance.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sunday I shot a 39 on my very first Alt C with my new FN Tact II AR-15! (Umm, usually it takes a couple of warm ups for the Kirkster, zeroing issues . . . sometimes . . . all the time . . . mostly).

It is now my favorite.:D

MArkB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    my favorite is the one with the full mag :)
    2 AR15 custom frankenbuilds in .223/5.56 and one .458 SOCOM upper.

Top Bottom