Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    1) American Handgunner
    2) Combat Handguns
    3) SWAT
    4) Shotgun News

I do read all the other mags (at barnes and noble) and like Recoil,Sniper, Guns and Ammo (of ourse), etc...HOWEVER....I am tired of every ugly AR style rifle gracing every cover...are they purposely trying to make them uglier and uglier? And I am tiring of seeing $4,000 1911s ....

GONZO!!!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I've heard some good things about Recoil elsewhere and will probably try some of their digital editions.

Not sure I really have a favorite anymore. Actually kind of jaded on most gun magazines the last few years. They seem to me to be largely marketing shills for the latest new firearm, caliber, cartridge, etc. Don't usually see anything truly thought provoking or demonstrating critical thinking on the part of the writers. Id like to see more writing on "how to" ___ (fill in the blank), not "you've got to get this new _____ (fill in the blank).

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Gun Tests. A lot of the other magazines on their testing have never found a gun,ammo or accessory they didn't like or have problems with, if there is something wrong ,Gun Tests won't hesitate to tell you about it.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Combat Handguns and Pocket Pistols. There is a self defense mag, can't think of the proper name. Walmart has a 15% break from the price, so usually buy there.

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I took advantage of that Guns & Ammo deal, so thank you to the person who posted those details. 15 bucks for 24 issues was an easy decision.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    SWAT. I enjoy the entire magazine. But, it's worth it for the monthly Louis Awerbuck column alone. After reading everyone's comments on Recoil I bought the first 3 issues and subscribed via my iPad. It is a good magazine. Like the modern layout. The iPad version is excellent!

aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    It's not necessarily just guns, but I love Backwoodsman. The past few issues have been a little lame though. I read it because I like to hear inventive ideas on how to do things from normal guys or even really old dudes sending in info about how they did something back in the day, but lately it's been a little lamer. I don't necessarily care to read an interview with Cody Lundin or Les Stroud. Boring kinda. I want to read about people making knives from saw blades or how they make holster or even how they build stuff like boats or other weird stuff.
    Yes that is a great pub.!!! long time subscriber myself!!

Top Bottom