• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I used to like Wright brand but it's so darned expensive because it has a cult-following. I quit buying it because their package got VERY deceptive; they would fill a package with very fatty bacon then place a couple slices of very meaty bacon on each of the viewing windows in the package. IMHO, screw them and their greedy marketing practices. For a nearly equally delicious bacon and no greedy marketing practices, as well as MUCH lower price-point I like the Hormel Black Label. It's thick, perfectly tasty, and I can get it for less than $3/lb

I've tried Wright brand and wasn't really impressed.

Fresh Thyme, Pepper, Apple, or Plain. Pricey But on sale on a regular basis as low as 1.99 lb.

Fresh Thyme is my favorite non-butcher shop bacon, especially the Applewood. The local FT in Greenwood always has it competitively priced to super market bacons and as mentioned it is frequently on sale. FT's sausage isn't quite as terrible as the other brands of sausage I can get locally either when I have a craving for it either.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Kroger bacon from the meat case, either plain or peppered, it's very good and nice and thick!

ETA: Butterball makes transgendered strips of "meat" that will NEVER be bacon, no matter how much it tries to identify!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    thick-cut-bacon.png

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Ive had pretty good luck with the Great Value bacon that is packaged like Wright brand bacon. Taste is good and it is usually pretty meaty compared to other brands.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I've tried Wright brand and wasn't really impressed.

Fresh Thyme is my favorite non-butcher shop bacon, especially the Applewood. The local FT in Greenwood always has it competitively priced to super market bacons and as mentioned it is frequently on sale. FT's sausage isn't quite as terrible as the other brands of sausage I can get locally either when I have a craving for it either.

Had to look up Fresh Thyme as I had not heard of it before. Looks like none in my area.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Simple truth at Kroger (Payless). Uncured thick cut. Awesome, melts in your mouth. Cook in oven at 400 degrees until done. Pay attention to the marbling though.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    The grew up on cheap Corn King bacon. So much sugar and salt that it's a coin flip if you die of a stroke before the first amputation due to diabetes complications.

Top Bottom