• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    as an instructor, i can recommend any materials by rob pincus concerning combat focus shooting. also, the books and videos by louis awerbuck and clint smith.

keep mind that any book you read or video you watch should be considered a primer, an intro to the material. by all means, read the books, watch the videos, but also invest in live training.

also, i have to recommend training with as many instructors as you are able. i have yet to train with anyone that didn't have at least a tidbit of useful data, if even how NOT to do something.

read the books, watch the videos. i do all the time. but train with rob pincus, or henk iversson, or john farnum or whomever. and practice often. make it as efficient and realistic as you are able.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Louis Awerbuck's "Only Hits Count" is the best video I've seen so far. As Barry mentioned, it's a lot more useful to somewho who has complete one or more of his classes, but the whole idea that only hits counts can't be stressed enough, as well as the ideas Louis introduces with various types of 3-d targets, both static and moving, and how what you see can drastically change where you have to put the shots for them to be effective.

Some books that no one seems to discuss anymore that are perhapd the best reference manuals ever are those written by Jim Crews. They're out of print, but you might still be able to get a copy of all of them on CD-ROM for a reasonable price (if he still has any) at www.marksmans.com.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Oh yes- the Jim Crews "books" ARE good. I don't if he still is, but he was selling a CD version of his four book set- carbine, pistol, shotgun, and "Behind The Line" (about instructing) for something like $25 or $30.

And, you gotta like a guy who has a 1911 with the barrel bushing engraved with "R.I.P." !

Top Bottom