• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    The last time I was pulled over (20 years ago) it was a young trooper, security system had gone off at 3am in the gun shop I worked for. On my way home got pulled over. Trooper asked me to step back to his car, with him walking in front of me he asked “any guns, knives or weapons?” When I answered yes, it was obvious he learned something that night.

I've always wondered how detailed an answer they want to that question. "Well... there's a .45 on my hip. A Benchmade in my pocket. A Gerber survival knife in the door. A Blackhawk .41 mag in the center console. There's a hatchet and a limbsaw, next to my single shot .308 in the back seat. Other weapons? 3 pound hammer, 18" pipe wrench, 3 foot crowbar on the floor next to the rest of my tools."

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I've been pulled over 5 times. 3 times by ISP, once by IMPD (I think, it was entering Avon and they were unmarked), and once in Crown Point by CPPD. I've never been asked about any firearms. I was a passenger when an ISP pulled us over coming home from a USPSA match a year or two ago. The LEO asked where we were coming from and the driver told him, we BS'd about guns and what not for a few and left with a warning.

I don't plan on ever informing. I figured if ever asked I'd say something to the effect of, "there's nothing illegal in the care," or if I really want a ticket, "I don't answer questions." It doesn't have anything to do with the reason for the stop, and I'd prefer not to take the chance of having an anti-gun officer removing my gun from the safety of its holster.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    I got pulled over by ISP on I69 for speeding last year. First time in 10 years I've been pulled over. I don't have any decals or bumper stickers either.

I was taking my sons 12ga and .22 rifle back to his house and they were laying in plain view in the back seat uncased (and unloaded). He never said anything or asked any questions. Took my DL and registration (so he knew I had an LTCH) and came back with a warning ticket and told me to slow down. I was kind of surprised that nothing was said.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just enjoyed reading through this thread.
    I my last year of college (Spring 1974) my wife and I were driving to our house outside campus back from a church-outing where there was some target shooting involved (in the country outside Searcy, Arkansas).
    In a very small town (1 light, literally) that we were passing through, there was a neat motorcycle (Suzuki 500cc single cylinder 2-stroke) that I was interested in and I was in the middle of the street with my car lights shining in the window of the MC shop, so the wife could see it.
    No one was around anywhere it being the early evening getting dark and the sidewalks had been "rolled-upped."
    There was a car coming down the road, and so I drove away and headed home.
    The car was an unmarked police, or more likely a town marshal or whatever, and he pulled me over to ask what I was doing in my 1968 Pontiac Tempest.
    I told him.
    He noticed 2 handguns in the back seat (22LRs) and asked me what they were doing there.
    I told them I was coming back from some target practice after an outing at the Thida church.
    There was a guy on the other side of the car (passenger side, where wife was) and neither were uniformed.
    The guy from the other side opened up the door suddenly with my wife sitting there and pulled the seat forward quickly with my wife sitting in it (shoving her forward), and got the two guns.
    Yes, I wanted to grab him by the throat as he was reaching in to get the guns after bumping my wife while moving up the seat.
    He asked me why the guns were loaded.
    I felt like telling him, look at the spent shells, dummy: they are not loaded.
    I just said they were spent shells b/c I'd been target shooting. (like I'd already said)
    They gave me back the guns and we went on our way, but it always bugged me as only a newly married 21 yr. old could be bugged.
    I thought it was inexcusable the rough way the one guy treated my wife as she was sitting in her front seat (it was a 2-door).
    In my opinion he should have asked her to get out of the car so he could inspect the guns: no problem.

Not traffic related but another time in Searcy, I was carrying 3 hanguns into a gun shop the trade and there was a police officer down the counter sitting and chatting with one of the workers behind the counter.
    I opened up my briefcase (I was 20 or 21 yrs. old) took out the guns and did our negotiating. (wish I could remember what the deal was)
    I left with my briefcase full of guns and went on my way.
    Nothing said.

Top Bottom