• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Maybe I'm old fashioned but I always thought of an execution as something like this....

[video=youtube;oHSkMwUa2i4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSkMwUa2i4[/video]

[h=2]Definition of execution[/h]

• 1: the act or process of executing : performance
    • 2: a putting to death especially as a legal penalty
    • 3: the process of enforcing a legal judgment (as against a debtor); also : a judicial writ directing such enforcement
    • 4: the act or mode or result of performance
    • 5archaic : effective or destructive actionhis brandished steel, which smoked with bloody execution — William Shakespeare—usually used with doas soon as day came, we went out to see what execution we had done — Daniel Defoe

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The hypocrisy on the whole defending the Bundy crew is amazing to me. If a black guy or God forbid a Muslim guy was using the government to subsidize his ranch and using foster kids at the government's expense to supplement his income(while using them as free ranch hands) were to go with a group of their anti US buddies and take over a national refuge center with guns and make a huge mess of the place and deface sacred native American artifacts, they'd be singing a different tune. They may even call them terrorists. I'm still trying to comprehend the mindset that some people have.

"trying to comprehend"? Seems to me you've got a pretty good handle on it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I never defended them taking over the BLM office because I didn't think it was right. They did put words to action though which is more than most people would today about anything good or bad. I do believe the BLM was wrong though but I never supported the actions of the guys up there.
    but when I saw them police & FBI gun down A man for nothing that crossed the line. And then the govt lied and keeps lying and they obviously threw the people a little fish to fry to take attention off the big fish

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe I'm old fashioned but I always thought of an execution as something like this....

I will grant you that 'execution' is freighted with the idea of a judgement and is usually specifically and deliberately targeted

I will direct your attention to the phrase "... acted as judge, jury and executioner" and then I will submit that Lon Horiuchi murdered Vicki Weaver in the course of attempting to execute Kevin Harris

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    "State police troopers then shot Finicum three times after he emerged from his truck and reached for his inner jacket pocket, where police said he had a loaded 9mm handgun."

If the FBI agent lied about firing at Finnicum then he should be prosecuted for that crime. It is completely reasonable to expect better from law enforcement agents.

If the article is accurate and "as Robert “LaVoy” Finicum left his truck, an FBI agent shot twice at Finicum", I do not find it reasonable to claim Finnicum was shot as a result of the agent's missed rounds. I just watched the video again and there was approximately 13 seconds between when Finnicum exited the truck and when he was shot. The State Police did not shoot because the agent shot, they shot because of Finnicum's action of reaching into his pocket where it was later found that he had a pistol.

Questioning whether Finnicum felt he was put into a situation where he was justified in defending himself based on the rounds fired by the agent (which were not reasonable from what I see in the video) is a legitimate consideration. I would have a hard time buying that theory, again based on the amount of time which transpired between the agent firing and Finnicum reaching into his pocket but that is a subjective opinion based on my experiences in high stress situations.

Last edited:

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    Is been a while since I watched or but from what rember watching it looked possible even likely like he was reacting to being shot vs reaching for his pocket.
    The take over was not a wise choise.
    The blanket coment about income and free labor from foster kids unless more info than assumptions is uncalled for.
    Foster care pays so little calling it income is a joke. Working on a ranch teaches life lessions and responsibility. Much better than drugs, sex, and video games. So unless anyone has personal inside knowlage of misconduct or abuses to share. Not just bs unsubtianted slander from the media hit pieces. I would keep my thoughts to myself. If so lets hear it. But suggest caution and disernment when listining to the offical story lines. Often well after the fact other info thats substituted conflicts with the offical story.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I will second FamilyMan. IIRC there was a subtext about the Malheur NWR arbitrarily restricting water access/rights arguably in order to drive ranchers out and expand the refuge (I think there were also some lowball buyout offers that were declined)

There have been plenty of range wars and conflicts over water in the west, and this won't be the last (see, perhaps 'the Owens Valley War' and the dynamiting of the Los Angeles Aqueduct for historical reference)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    It's an extremely misleading headline. I fixed it with my limited microsoft paint skills.

View attachment 56869

Having fired your weapon and missing is not something to lie about and have your "crew" cover-up.

Panicking, and illegally firing your weapon at a man with his hands up, who responds by attempting to defend himself, and is then gunned down... now that is something to lie about and cover-up.

The former is simply embarrassing for the FBI agent.... the later could be felony murder... hmmm...

ETA: My guess, and it's just a guess, is that his two shots are the ones a second or two after Finicum emerges from the truck WITH HIS HANDS UP/OUT, about 5:33 on the split/dual video.

[video=youtube;YWLHiU8gYWY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWLHiU8gYWY[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom