FBI Qualification Drill - Could you pass it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Please expound on your not training to a standard theory. For myself having a goal to train to (Say Master class, or Black Belt or whatever is a huge help)
    The standard is typically a MINIMUM standard. But when training for that standard it becomes the GOAL. It should never be the goal.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Just summarizing a long career where I was intensely involved in both Military and Civilian marksmanship, firearms training, and real world experience around the world.
    Last worked with the FBI Aug 2017 in Reno Nevada, when they (select Agents) received new 19M's, and was invited to shoot one with them, locally, been a while starting as far back as the early 90's when the county range was at Ft. Harrison, with Fred and Gary, never a dull moment there.
    Then at Eagle Creek, with them again and under the eyes of Virgil and Chris, to invites to shoot with Delaware County Deputies at there county range, Glock GSSF shoots, and now every chance I get to shoot with anybody doing anything currently at Point Blank in Carmel, I'll be there next Thursday afternoon as they have a LE Discount day there.
    I wish I could shoot as much with Government ammunition today as I have in the past.
    Oh and at Camp Atterbury mid 2000's with deploying hero's.

Currently as I called a friend and asked about it, he says:FBI PISTOL QUALIFICATION COURSE, revised Jan 2019. It’s fired on a QIT silhouette, and scored 2 points per hit.

-3 yards Draw and fire 3 rds strong hand only, switch hands and fire 3 rds support hand only, all in 6 seconds
    -5 yards Draw and fire 3 rds in 3 seconds
    -From the Ready, fire 3 rds in 2 seconds
    -From the Ready, fire 6 rds in 4 seconds
    -7 yards Draw and fire 5 rds in 5 seconds
    -From the Ready, fire 4 rounds, conduct an empty gun reload, and fire 4 more rds, all in 8 seconds
    -From the Ready, fire 5 rounds in 4 seconds
    -15 yards Draw and fire 3 rds in 6 seconds
    -From the Ready, fire 3 rds in 5 seconds
    -25 yards Draw and fire 4 rds from Standing, drop to a Kneeling Position and fire 4 more rds from Kneeling, all in 20 seconds.
    50 rounds total 100 points possible 90 or above is a pass for instructors.

Thanks for the video link, looks like fun.

Top Bottom