• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Black is way over done. FDE or OD. Besides black pops just a bit too much in nature. Ever wonder why snipers paint their rifles?

I wished MagPul made coyote brown furniture.

RIT dye ;)

Do It Yourself: Different color PMAGs and other polymer/plastic items - M4Carbine.net Forums

Next time I'll try Yellow on the PMAG. ROUND 3, looks like FDE is the best host. SUMMARY - AR15.COM

001-3.jpg

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=199860

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Father-in-law and I bought the same model ARs and he saw one in FDE and had me put all FDE magpul furniture on his. I also put magpul furniture on mine but kept it black.

Black is classic. It looked good decades ago and it'll look good decades from now.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I picked up my Colt LE5920fdec today. The story on this is the distributor first received 200 and then another 150. The second batch, and I assume the first also, was supposed to go to South Africa with an ambidextrous selector. The state department denied the export permit so Colt is stuck with them. The selector says fire and safe on both sides of the lower and the other option (auto or burst perhaps) is milled off and they kerakoted it. It has black furniture and a stepped barrel. There was a colorized Colt 5 years ago but I don't recall any others.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The rifle-carbine was always meant to be black. FDE, except for military guns used in a desert environment, is only an attempt to be “G I Joe” in a civilian environment. Black is best on an AR.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Black is way over done. FDE or OD. Besides black pops just a bit too much in nature. Ever wonder why snipers paint their rifles?

I wished MagPul made coyote brown furniture.

I like the od green also. When did coyote brown become a color? 19x? Before? Just wondering. I would say I don't have a preference. FDE is good mixed with black. My Bushmaster has fde furniture and looks great. OD is more subtle and blends in, even with clothing. For concealment, give me od and a green shirt.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I like the od green also. When did coyote brown become a color? 19x? Before? Just wondering. I would say I don't have a preference. FDE is good mixed with black. My Bushmaster has fde furniture and looks great. OD is more subtle and blends in, even with clothing. For concealment, give me od and a green shirt.

The post you quoted was about 6 years before the 19x was released, I think coyote has been around for a long time.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The rifle-carbine was always meant to be black. FDE, except for military guns used in a desert environment, is only an attempt to be “G I Joe” in a civilian environment. Black is best on an AR.

I disagree, fde is good at blending in a variety of environments found globally. It is a medium neutral color that is found everywhere, and light enough that it can even melt away into snowy environments to a small degree, and much larger degree than black. Blends into way more environments than black, not to mention that black can get super hot and stay hot under the summer sun. I generally wrap my black, 300blk, with some burlap (handguard and up to the flash hider) to help conceal it when hunting and burlap is very close in color to FDE. FDE blends in really well with fall fields, and dry summer dirt in Indiana.

I'm partial to odgreen from a nostalgia standpoint, and all of my cerakoted rifles get od. I don't mind FDE when buying parts from a store, generally the only option other than black.

Top Bottom