• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes. The second wife insisted that I get a first wife, and the fifth wife insisted on the fourth, who really wanted a third. But it was the seventh who really was the pushiest about the whole thing.

Their right to be deviant exists until they attempt to infringe upon my right not to have to acknowledge their deviancy. If someone really likes their goat, they can 'marry' their goat. But I refuse to acknowledge their goat-love as legitimate. The same goes for homosexuality, bestiality, and all the rest of the deviancy masquerading as the oppressed in this world: "You're not acknowledging our love as legitimate, we're oppressed!" They can do as they please, but I refuse to acknowledge it as legitimate, which is really what they're pushing for. Tolerance is no longer acceptable. Forced acceptance is the new minimum: "You won't bake us a cake or acknowledge our love as legitimate! We're oppressed!" If consenting adults want to do whatever in the bedroom until they're sore, I say go for it, no skin off my nose. But do not attempt to utilize the State to force me to try to acknowledge deviancy as legitimate.

This seems about right.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yes. The second wife insisted that I get a first wife, and the fifth wife insisted on the fourth, who really wanted a third. But it was the seventh who really was the pushiest about the whole thing.

Their right to be deviant exists until they attempt to infringe upon my right not to have to acknowledge their deviancy. If someone really likes their goat, they can 'marry' their goat. But I refuse to acknowledge their goat-love as legitimate. The same goes for homosexuality, bestiality, and all the rest of the deviancy masquerading as the oppressed in this world: "You're not acknowledging our love as legitimate, we're oppressed!" They can do as they please, but I refuse to acknowledge it as legitimate, which is really what they're pushing for. Tolerance is no longer acceptable. Forced acceptance is the new minimum: "You won't bake us a cake or acknowledge our love as legitimate! We're oppressed!" If consenting adults want to do whatever in the bedroom until they're sore, I say go for it, no skin off my nose. But do not attempt to utilize the State to force me to try to acknowledge deviancy as legitimate.

But it is ok for the state to recognize your way of marriage as legitimate?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We are the state. The state didn't just awaken one day and involve itself. The people of the states exercised their Constitutional rights to delegate, to the state, the power to decide what constituted a valid marriage.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Take one of your guns and go use it to regulate the behavior of consenting adults yourself. Doing it via proxy through the police gives you no moral credit.

You will never find a post in which I condone violence to curtail some type sexual behavior between consenting adults...I will teach loud,and long of the folly of these behaviors! I will CONTINUE to point out the obvious...As a nation, we get what we deserve when we worship pleasure at any cost.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I always knew other alternative lifestyles would occur once gay marriage became more accepted and to each their own on gay marriage, but when you redefine something that already has a definition this is what you get.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Yet another blow struck for getting government out of marriage and enlarging the freedom of consenting adults to interact as they please. No doubt the Utah legislature will move to correct their law and make it more in line with the courts decision, rather than just chucking it and letting people live free. Of course the critics against marriage equality are going to be up in arms saying, "We told ya so!!!".

Federal Judge Strikes Down Anti-Polygamy Law | Utah Political Capitol

And we did say "we told ya so" . Since you are a gun guy I probably dont have to tell you that about Obama as well, but we told people so on him.

Also not every who does not believe in gay marriage is a bad person ( you did not say this). Issues like the one with that baker dont help the cause.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Then they didn't read the article. It doesn't strike down the anti-polygamy law in that it now allows polygamous marriage. It simply says the current law is too broad.

So what changed? You can now cohabitate with someone you know is married, but still can't marry more than one person. I wonder when the last time that law was enforced...

Give it time. Gay marriage, sodomy and interracial marriage were also against the law at one point.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Ummm...you really think that same sex marriage is going to lead to beastiality and legalised pedophilia?

Civil unions led to gay marriage despite assurances from liberals in some states they would not ( Delaware, New Jersey).

On any issue with the left if you give an inch they push for a mile.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    1-2% is a statistical anomaly, but instead of writing it off as a blip on the radar of normalcy, we're supposed to accede to the demands of that statistical blip because they make a lot of noise and wave flags and make television shows? Interesting. "E'erybody in the club gettin' mo' wives!" "Wives, wives everywhere!"

Then tend to have money and donate lots to the democrats. Notice Obama was against gay marriage until he was down in the polls. He figured he would not have anything to lose by refusing to deport dreamers and coming out in favor of gay marriage.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    From the article you quoted:

Help me out, what's wrong with that?

1) State has the authority to define marriage.
    2) State does not have the authority of telling you what other adults you can live/have sex with, regardless of that person's marital status.

What standing does the state have to punish infidelity?

in some states you get less in a divorce settlement for cheating so in theory the state does punish it

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Polygamy as a form of marriage has been a norm for as long as people have been gathering together in tribes. Even the religious right cannot escape this as fact, as their holy book has numerous examples of it. It's not a want, it's an ignored norm.

You are mixing the OT and NT. Read - Matthew 19:8. Polygamy is not what God wanted. He allowed it but it came at a hard price. Jacob, David, and Solomon all had major problems because they took multiple wives.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    what about a lamp. can I marry a lamp? what about a possum. can I marry a possum? what about an electric space heater. can I marry an electric space heater? what about a torque wrench. can I marry a torque wrench? what about a...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Civil unions led to gay marriage despite assurances from liberals in some states they would not ( Delaware, New Jersey).

On any issue with the left if you give an inch they push for a mile.

two consenting adults marrying each other is a fundamentally different issue than an adult marrying a child who is unable to consent. or an adult marrying a goat. I can't help but question the thought processes of anyone who equates these issues.

Do you guys really think that we will someday see United States politicians successfully running on a platform of pedophilia? Really? Really?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    two consenting adults marrying each other is a fundamentally different issue than an adult marrying a child who is unable to consent. or an adult marrying a goat. I can't help but question the thought processes of anyone who equates these issues.

Do you guys really think that we will someday see United States politicians successfully running on a platform of pedophilia? Really? Really?

Why not? What makes you think 50 years from now a whole new level of "enlightenment" won't look back on your prudish, quaint, narrow-minded belief on what is right and wrong and scoff? If the folks that tried to follow what they were taught in Sunday school, the ones now defending the redefinition of marriage, what Christmas really is all about, prayers in public schools, etc. can now be identified as rights-abusing zealots, you can too, some day. To pretend your definition is some universal truth is arrogant folly.

Top Bottom