• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    With the current SCOTUS make up, it could have gone very badly.

Lets get one, or a couple, more decent judges and this will finally be settled.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    (((Circuit held that the AR-15 and the semiautomatic AR47 (and other banned semi-automatic rifles) are “not constitutionally protected arms” because they are “weapons that are most useful in military service.” )))

Curious, weren't muskets considered "weapons most useful in military" back in 1776?

An outright smack to the face of the SCOTUS ruling of Miller vs US. These ****ing gun grabbers cannot be allowed to have it both ways. The Miller ruling said short barrel shotguns were not 2A protected because they weren't used as a weapon of war by the military. Now the 4th circuit says "assault weapons are not protected because they ARE weapons of war. **** them!

From Miller V US - "And further, that ordinarily, when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My point was that muskets were military weapons in 1776 when the founders wrote in the 2A.
    AR15's and "AR47"'s:rolleyes: should be protected by 2A as well even though they are considered military weapons.

No, I knew what you meant and wholeheartedly agree. I was simply pointing out the inconsistency of their logic.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    An outright smack to the face of the SCOTUS ruling of Miller vs US. These ****ing gun grabbers cannot be allowed to have it both ways. The Miller ruling said short barrel shotguns were not 2A protected because they weren't used as a weapon of war by the military. Now the 4th circuit says "assault weapons are not protected because they ARE weapons of war. **** them!

From Miller V US - "And further, that ordinarily, when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time."

Lefties doing what lefties do.

No, I knew what you meant and wholeheartedly agree. I was simply pointing out the inconsistency of their logic.

:yesway:

Top Bottom