• ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Heck, my wife ordered some powdered milk and it was shipped USPS Priority on March 9th. We got it May 10th. So much for priority mail delivery.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Heck, my wife ordered some powdered milk and it was shipped USPS Priority on March 9th. We got it May 10th. So much for priority mail delivery.

Could be worse. I ordered a backpacking stove valve, not realizing it shipped out of china. I ordered it in early April. Expected June 1. No tracking. SMH. 60 days. ugh.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've always had good luck with FedEx. Consistent delivery time frame and they're good about texting me updates as well.
    Only problem I have is when it's the FedEx delivery that ends up transferring to the USPS. That always seems to add several days, but that's on the postal service.

devildog178

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Henry Co
    I hate using them and gladly pay extra to do business with anyone besides fedex. Last package was "out for delivery " for over 8 days and arrived almost 2 weeks past initial delivery date. It baffles me how such incompetence can stay in business

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hell I ordered a part from Wentzville Mo, just outside of St Louis. Anyways it left Wentzville, went to Kansas City, Indy and it is currently in Columbus Oh. I live in Mooresville.

That has to be UPS/USPS. UPS: Columbia MO, Indy, Indy (different facility) turned over to USPS: Indy, Columbus OH, Indy, never seen again! I think I talked to half the USPS employees in Indy. Every one of them said they couldn't help me but gave me a number of somebody who could. Every one of those numbers required dancing with an automated answering system which, on one call, took me right back to the same person. One call to Midway USA got me a complete refund even though the item was lost/stolen/misdelivered by USPS. FEDEX and UPS are keeping USPS afloat and they're sinking themselves, anyway.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If possible, I refuse Fedex delivery. I've had way too many problems with them. 3 years ago I ordered a 6 light bathroom vanity light that was not a stocked item from Home Depot.

Was in the back yard mowing on the zero turn mower, and seen the FedUP truck speeding off the county road beside my subdivision so I do a 180 on the mower and head to the front yard.
    When i got there, my package was setting 3 foot inside my garage door that I had left open. Box was mangled, torn up and had about 3 rolls of packing tape on it.

I hop off the mower and go to pick up the box, never moving it more than 6 inches off the floor, hear broken glass the second I move it. Open it up, EVERY fixture is broke, the bar is bent in and smashed like it had been crushed by a fork lift. FedUP did absolutely nothing and went to the extent that they was trying to blame ME for the damage. Home Depot, took care of me, had a new one shipped to the store and gave me a 50% discount. they said it happens all too often.

Couple of days later, he was delivering to my neighbor across the street, while he was running the 2nd load of boxes to their door, he got my wrath and there was no polite language in the sentences I said to him.

Because of that I now have a Dlink security cam that starts recording any movement around my door. Caught the Amazon delivery guy frisbee'ing my 25foot cat 6 cable on the front pourch from about 8 foot away.

No such think as customer service and doing a job right for about 60% of the service industry anymore.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I have long ago concluded that all delivery entities suck, always. Forever. Id almost be willing to hand over logistics to a group of circus monkeys. My worst experiences have been by the USPS. Not in the local guys, the distribution level stuff. I've had things go from here to there and back. Week's late.

I'm just really glad my postman is cool. He's on the level too. He smiles when he sees certain return address names.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If possible, I refuse Fedex delivery. I've had way too many problems with them. 3 years ago I ordered a 6 light bathroom vanity light that was not a stocked item from Home Depot.

Was in the back yard mowing on the zero turn mower, and seen the FedUP truck speeding off the county road beside my subdivision so I do a 180 on the mower and head to the front yard.
    When i got there, my package was setting 3 foot inside my garage door that I had left open. Box was mangled, torn up and had about 3 rolls of packing tape on it.

I hop off the mower and go to pick up the box, never moving it more than 6 inches off the floor, hear broken glass the second I move it. Open it up, EVERY fixture is broke, the bar is bent in and smashed like it had been crushed by a fork lift. FedUP did absolutely nothing and went to the extent that they was trying to blame ME for the damage. Home Depot, took care of me, had a new one shipped to the store and gave me a 50% discount. they said it happens all too often.

Couple of days later, he was delivering to my neighbor across the street, while he was running the 2nd load of boxes to their door, he got my wrath and there was no polite language in the sentences I said to him.

Because of that I now have a Dlink security cam that starts recording any movement around my door. Caught the Amazon delivery guy frisbee'ing my 25foot cat 6 cable on the front pourch from about 8 foot away.

No such think as customer service and doing a job right for about 60% of the service industry anymore.
    I’ve actually passed on a few items that I was interested in myself when I noticed that FedEx was the shipper because of the crapshoot delivery service I’ve experienced with them in the past.

There was maybe a 50/50 chance that it would be delivered to the house up the street.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I can take or leave FedEx, but I'd really miss my UPS guy if he ever went away. He'll actually stop and chat for a minute or two about guns or motorcycles, plus he packs around dog biscuits. You should see my dog when the big brown truck rolls by without stopping. It's like his little heart is broken in two.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    To be fair, the mishandling of packages is quite common in all delivery services. I've learned if there is something breakable inside DO NOT label it Fragile! That's French for "Handle with extreme prejudice". I worked at the Indy Postal hub at the airport for awhile and they did indeed go to great lengths to handle such packages with special care; kicking them, throwing them as hard as possible, stacking heavier items on them, etc. Instead of the usual toss a box might look like Peyton Manning was throwing a hail mary for the last minute win.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I can take or leave FedEx, but I'd really miss my UPS guy if he ever went away. He'll actually stop and chat for a minute or two about guns or motorcycles, plus he packs around dog biscuits. You should see my dog when the big brown truck rolls by without stopping. It's like his little heart is broken in two.

Ditto! Our UPS driver is great and a serious gun owner to boot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If we get our regular guy he is much the same. He has passed the word along to other drivers if they drop here what to do with the packages.

Now the regular mail people are pretty much idiots and strive to keep that opinion going.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hell I ordered a part from Wentzville Mo, just outside of St Louis. Anyways it left Wentzville, went to Kansas City, Indy and it is currently in Columbus Oh. I live in Mooresville.

I've had similar things happen with UPS. They definitely take the scenic route sometimes.

Day 3 in Columbus. I was expecting to see it in Atlanta by now so I guess that's a plus.:laugh:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Amazon Prime vs UPS vs FedEx

Pretty-accurate-110
    Pretty-accurate-110
    [video]https://www.gif-vif.com/gifs/Pretty-accurate-110[/video]

thewoods868

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2017
    Paoli
    I hate fedex deliveries. I live in the country and I can’t count how many times they have been late and/or can’t find my house. I will pay extra shipping if I can for ups.

Top Bottom