• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    FedEx SmartPost should be “StupidPost”. I hope they didn’t send it through that service. It’s pathetic and makes absolutely no sense at all. They are going down hill...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Getting a UPS delivery today of a new SSD hard drive, porch cam is active, I will come unglued if he tosses it on the porch.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Adding to the complaints. I ordered a bunch of window blinds a month or so ago. They were shipped in three large heavy boxes - each roughly 4'x1'x6" and 35 lbs. Had them shipped to my office. Tracking showed them delivered but packages no where to be seen. I call and file a complaint. Called a day or so later when I had heard nothing. Magically they appeared four days later. Turns out they had been delivered to the right floor (multi-tenant high rise office) but left around the corner from my offices in the public hallway. The delivery dude simply didn't bother to find the office unit.

Fast forward to today and a lady from another office unit just brought me a box she found in the hallway. She recognized the suite number and brought it to us. It was the 1,000 rounds of M193 I ordered. So again the guy just left it in the hall. Being a commercial building, it is the same guy who handles the route. I did call to specifically complain about the route driver, a lot of good that will do.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    We have one Fedex driver that will just not come to our plant on various days. what is really surprising is one of our customers (who always gets upset when the parts don't ship when FedEx does not show) does not rain cain with FedEx. Their account size is massive compared to ours. Oh well.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not a FedEx issue, but Amazon Delivery.

Bought a new gaming mouse because my was crapping out, arrival for today.
    Delivered @ 2pm this afternoon, no knock, no ringing of the doorbell.

Just a toss on the porch and a pic taken.

Problem is that it was right on the edge of the porch, had a nice shower event, package soaked, was not totally sealed,had about 1/4 cup of rain in the package, spent a half hour on the phone and was finally put in touch to their delivery team, I ripped them, told tham that if their drivers are too darn lazy to get the package by the door and knock or ring the door bell, then I'm done with Amazon.

Full refund, new mouse is supposed to be here tomorrow free of charge. Told them if it happens again they'll be refunding me my prime membership for the year.
    To me, this would be like me dropping a hundred cases of beer outside a customers door and telling them here ya go".

Customer service is a dead thing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Problem is that it was right on the edge of the porch, had a nice shower event, package soaked, was not totally sealed,had about 1/4 cup of rain in the package, spent a half hour on the phone and was finally put in touch to their delivery team, I ripped them, told tham that if their drivers are too darn lazy to get the package by the door and knock or ring the door bell, then I'm done with Amazon.

Full refund, new mouse is supposed to be here tomorrow free of charge. Told them if it happens again they'll be refunding me my prime membership for the year.
    To me, this would be like me dropping a hundred cases of beer outside a customers door and telling them here ya go".

I just got a mouse, delivered mostly the same way.
    Except it was on the edge of the rain line, and only got some of the sprinkle. Mouse is okay.

But, it's just a cheap $11 mouse.
    And now I'm trying to get used to it.
    The speed of movement is slightly different than the other one.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just got a mouse, delivered mostly the same way.
    Except it was on the edge of the rain line, and only got some of the sprinkle. Mouse is okay.

But, it's just a cheap $11 mouse.
    And now I'm trying to get used to it.
    The speed of movement is slightly different than the other one.
    It's a Razr Gaming mouse, the DPI is supposed to be out of this world. I wore out a Logitech G500 in under 2 years, my previous Microsoft laser mouse lasted 10 years.
    Glad the new mouse is supposed to be here tomorrow, Since I'm not able to work and really not fully mobile, gaming has let me keep my sanity.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's a Razr Gaming mouse, the DPI is supposed to be out of this world. I wore out a Logitech G500 in under 2 years, my previous Microsoft laser mouse lasted 10 years.
    Glad the new mouse is supposed to be here tomorrow, Since I'm not able to work and really not fully mobile, gaming has let me keep my sanity.
    Sanity is highly overrated.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yep. I have special delivery instructions. Nothing hard. It actually makes it easier on them. "place behind privacy fence section next to front porch. That saves them climbing half a flight of stairs (split level). But no. Some drivers just insist on walking up the steps and tossing it on the porch. Not under the overhang where its protected either.

The best was the guy who didnt read the instructions until he was up on the porch. So he dropped it over the side and let it fall 10' or so to the ground where he should have put it. Luckily it wasnt anything fragile.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Amazon delivery people make me crazy. I have very simple delivery instructions. Place the package at the top of the steps near the door, NOT on top of tables or chairs where it is visible from the street.

This is the view from our front door. Because of the little wall, anything left near the door is not visible. The only time anything is visible from the street is if it is on top of any of the furniture. So where do they like to leave it? On top of the chair in the lower right corner of the picture. The highest place on the porch and the ONLY area completely visible from the street.

1624931549677.png

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sanity is highly overrated.
    Trust me I know, I have lost my sanity several times over the last 4 years since Mrs. IBM passed and the the subsequent Mild heart attack and mini stroke combo followed by a toe amputation due to the hospital not taking care of a ingrown toenail that got infected while i was there, and then a second operation to remove more bone because they didn't keep me on IV antibiotics long enough.

INGO and Gaming has kept me sane through all of this, especially all the COVID :poop:.

I had a tremendous amount of anger bottled up inside me for a while, gaming has been my release, that and my ranting to Amazon/FedEX.

Back in March before I could get electronic transfer setup with my 401k plan, I had FedEx drop a 4 figure check on the front porch that was signature required.
    Yaaaaaah, my rage was fine tuned that day, I bouced that all the way up the chain, I bet they got tired of me saying "I got all day and week" every time they said this might take a while.

When I get mad and I'm in the right, I'm like a dog with a old bone that does not want to give it up.

Luckily my BP stays pretty good when I get toasty.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've never had a problem with FedEx. USPS carriers take the cake for constant f- ups and they've been better since I moved to an area with a rural carrier

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It's wild reading all these horror stories. I guess I just have good drivers here in small town Indiana. FedEx, UPS, USPS...doesn't matter, never a problem with any of them.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well Amazon made up for their delivery fiasco in a epic way.

10am this morning, I get a knock on the door and a ring of the door bell. It's Amazon delivery, with my mouse replacement.

Just not any delivery driver either, was a regional manager delivering it. Profusely apologizing for what happened and thanking me for going to the extremes to bring to their attention what happened because too many will not take the time to report problems. Quote from him, "We can't fix a problem we don't know about and it takes customers like you to make us better."

Maybe there is hope that things can get better.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Well Amazon made up for their delivery fiasco in a epic way.

10am this morning, I get a knock on the door and a ring of the door bell. It's Amazon delivery, with my mouse replacement.

Just not any delivery driver either, was a regional manager delivering it. Profusely apologizing for what happened and thanking me for going to the extremes to bring to their attention what happened because too many will not take the time to report problems. Quote from him, "We can't fix a problem we don't know about and it takes customers like you to make us better."

Maybe there is hope that things can get better.
    Amazon upper management generally is obsessed with customer service. I interviewed for a position with their pharmacy and nearly accepted the job solely because of their focus on customer service. Unfortunately that attitude isn't reflected in the hourly employees, most likely because of the way they are treated, or so I hear.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Amazon upper management generally is obsessed with customer service. I interviewed for a position with their pharmacy and nearly accepted the job solely because of their focus on customer service. Unfortunately that attitude isn't reflected in the hourly employees, most likely because of the way they are treated, or so I hear.
    Customer service is a lost art.

At my first beer distributor I worked at, "Setting the standard for service" was our motto.
    I have always took customer service seriously, because I was among the front line people that customers see and directly relate to a company. No matter how bad I was treated by a customer I killed them with kindness and respect, in my 30+ years in the business I only went off on one customer, he was a abusive SOB that I had delivered to for years, he went off on me because i had a salesman lie to save his arse. His comment that set me off was telling me that I was the son of a Biotch, and he made sure it was referred towards my mother.

I went ballistic because I had just lost my mother two weeks earlier at the young age of 55. I went across the street and called the VP of the company to come pick me up because if he didn't I was going back in to kill him. He picked me up 30 minutes later profusely apologizing to me.

That was the last time there was ever a beer order invoiced for him we refused all subsequent attempts of him purchasing off of us.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Customer service is a lost art.

At my first beer distributor I worked at, "Setting the standard for service" was our motto.
    I have always took customer service seriously, because I was among the front line people that customers see and directly relate to a company. No matter how bad I was treated by a customer I killed them with kindness and respect, in my 30+ years in the business I only went off on one customer, he was a abusive SOB that I had delivered to for years, he went off on me because i had a salesman lie to save his arse. His comment that set me off was telling me that I was the son of a Biotch, and he made sure it was referred towards my mother.

I went ballistic because I had just lost my mother two weeks earlier at the young age of 55. I went across the street and called the VP of the company to come pick me up because if he didn't I was going back in to kill him. He picked me up 30 minutes later profusely apologizing to me.

That was the last time there was ever a beer order invoiced for him we refused all subsequent attempts of him purchasing off of us.

Well, I don't know about Indy, but here in NWI, that could kill a business.
    Since you can only buy from approved vendors, and each vendor sells certain products and don't overlap.. Someone alienating a vendor will NOT get certain brands. At least up here.
    I used to be the guy writing the checks at my Amer Legion Post

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well, I don't know about Indy, but here in NWI, that could kill a business.
    Since you can only buy from approved vendors, and each vendor sells certain products and don't overlap.. Someone alienating a vendor will NOT get certain brands. At least up here.
    I used to be the guy writing the checks at my Amer Legion Post
    Territory's have been gone from Indiana for a LONG time, you can still deliver anywhere you want to, but there is no longer the amount of distributors there was even 20 years ago.
    Mid 80's there was still 350+ distributors, bigger distributors bought out smaller ones at a alarming pace late 90's to early 2000's. There's now a lot of "gentleman's agreements to not step on toes.

Heck Monarch Beverage ( Now Reyes Distribution, Monarch Division) bought out no less than 20 in the 14 years I was there, they have the rights to Coors for the entire state and sub out to about 6 other distributors and still make money because of a slight mark up.

At one time there was 15 AB distributors trans shipping to Indy and my Old distributor only delivered to the doughnut counties around Indy (Except Hancock) and also was delivering Putman also, With the exception of Zink in Indianapolis and Bartholomew County Beverage in Columbus, they are all gone, even Rhoades (who I worked for) sold out to Zink in 1999 and BCB got tired of being caught up in the game and the expenses to ship to Indy all the time.

The Alcohol distribution in Indiana was pure cut throat, that has been sorta fixed by attrition and demise.

Top Bottom