• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Richard, was modern ethics invented yet when the U.S. Government locked American citizens in concentration camps, if they were of Japanese descent?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Sorry guys but I'm finished with this discussion.

There is little point debating folks who only see black & white, when there is a vast scale of shades sandwiched in between the two extremes.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What we have here is not debate. It is discussion with opposing views. That's not the same. A debate is a specialized form of argument that follows a specific format.

There was no resolution stated, and no plan to implement that resolution. Only support for and condemnation of a morally reprehensible position consisting of "I don't believe it happened, and if it DID happen the ends justify the means anyway."

Anybody who takes part in a real DEBATE using "I don't believe it" and attacks the evidence presented solely by trying to discredit where it comes from without providing supporting citations or evidence of his own would be laughed off the stage. He would receive zero points, and may God have mercy on his soul.

It's sad and tragic that the term "debate" has been applied to everything that it has. Political "debates" are not debates either. They are simply question and answer sessions.

I recommend taking a debate course if you want to actually learn to "debate."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom