• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    ...penicillin wasn't invented in the US. It was discovered by a British scientist.

Oh no. Now you gone and done it. This will swell the noggin of His Englishness to epic proportions.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It sounds more like BS propaganda to me.

Most pharmaceutical trials involve both a "control group" and an "experimental group" if anyone doesn't know the difference between the two groups .... the control group is given a placebo & the experimental group is given the experimental drug, in this case the experimental drug was penicillin.

Our government &/or the researchers are not evil or somehow wrong because they didn't treat the control groups gonorrhea while they were doing research & testing of a what was in the 1940's still an experimental drug..

And thanks to that testing, it was determined that penicillin was safe & effective & after wards everyone on the planet was then able to get their gonorrhea & syphilis and a whole host of other bacteriological illnesses treated at their local doctors office with either a simple shot or a prescription of pills.

Guatemala & every other nation on this planet should be thanking us for inventing penicillin & for all of the millions of lives it has saved around the globe over the last 60 years, but instead our government is apologizing for using control groups in 60 year old clinical studies?

I can't believe some of you actually believe that our researchers went around infecting uninfected people ...

*I* can't believe some of you think they wouldn't, or that something like that is beneath them. Especially when they've openly admitted it, and are apologizing for it.

I can assure you they didn't run all over the place looking for people who had the disease they were interested in studying and finding a treatment for. When they want to study a disease in an animal, and the effect of drugs on that disease, they don't search the countryside for animals that already have that disease. They infect a bunch of healthy animals with it. That way they know exactly what disease they have, when and how they got it, and therefore have the most information about any potential treatment they're testing as well.

And penicillin wasn't developed here; there's no reason to thank America for it. It was first discovered by a French medical student named Ernest Duchesne, in 1896. Then it was "rediscovered" by Alexander Fleming in London in 1928.

The U.S. Government admitted they did this, and have been apologizing profusely for it. I believe they did it. There's no reason not to.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    But, don't anyone worry. These same people would never put anything dangerous in the vaccines for us dumbed-down US citizens, would they?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I took a quick look into the biography of the researcher who published this report, it seems she's a far-left activist who was also once a self-described "community organizer" in NYC.

Wouldn't it be more useful and important to research the accuracy of the messege than check the drawers of the messenger?

If it's true, it's true, if it's a lie then it would make me wonder what the motive of the liar is.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    No, but perhaps the Bisard Truthers are right all along.

"No government employee would endanger his career in order to cover up a crime."

Is that so? Hmmm, didn't that happen here?

"No way you can get IMPD officers, med techs, IMPD brass, paramedics, the police dog, Officer Chompy, to all say that he was not drinking. Bisard had contact with dozens of people."

Oh, really? Any other massive cover ups you would like to tell us about that could not happen?
    really, did u see him (Bisard) go over and check on the injured or have the EMTs check him over?

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unucAcbOQio&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - US apologizes for experiment that infected Guatemalans with syphilis[/ame]#!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I find this story very difficult to believe.
    :sheep:
    It sounds more like BS propaganda to me.
    Our government &/or the researchers are not evil or somehow wrong
    I can't believe some of you actually believe that our researchers went around infecting uninfected people ...

How about the practice of eugenics and forcible sterilization of Puerto Rican women? Which is on U.S. soil.

Eugenics Movement in Puerto Rico

Listen, and understand. That government is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    How about the practice of eugenics and forcible sterilization of Puerto Rican women? Which is on U.S. soil.

Eugenics Movement in Puerto Rico

According to the article you posted there were no "forced sterilizations" of Puerto Rican women, the article clearly states that the women agreed to have their tubes tied while already at the hospital after giving birth, but then the author of the article goes on to argue that they were "duped" into it because they were "too dumb" to ask for non-permanent birth control measures instead.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    :n00b:
    I use the term "we" in the general sense.

So she "misrepresented" the part about Hillary Clinton and Kathleen Sebelius apologizing for it to the nation of Guatemala? And made up the actual quote? I would copy/paste it here, but that's against the new rules.

I guess some people will just never believe their government could do such unethical, evil things. They are far too blinded by partisan hatred and a false sense of patriotism to ever believe such a thing.

I am still laughing because when I first saw the story on Yahoo, I thought Hillary Clinton was apologizing for infecting everyone!
    It took me 5 minutes to catch my breath.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    In the Tuskeegee experiment the medical researchers didn't infect uninfected people, they just studied them.

It wasn't quite as nefarious as those "on the left" would have everyone believe.

I'm sorry, but you're quibbling all morality away here.

We are talking about doctors, deliberately withholding treatment, of a disease that progresses to severe brain damage and insanity. They could have given these people a simple treatment that would have cured them, but instead they deliberately allowed their disease to progress to where it destroyed their minds and their lives.

What possible morality do you subscribe to, whereby this is not utterly nefarious?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I'm sorry, but you're quibbling all morality away here.

We are talking about doctors, deliberately withholding treatment, of a disease that progresses to severe brain damage and insanity. They could have given these people a simple treatment that would have cured them, but instead they deliberately allowed their disease to progress to where it destroyed their minds and their lives.

What possible morality do you subscribe to, whereby this is not utterly nefarious?

If they treated them they wouldn't had been able to have studied the diseases progression, which sort of defeated the purpose.

Besides the participants were:

A.) all volunteers
    &
    B.) all compensated for their participation.

And what guarantee is there that if they had been "cured" that they wouldn't have just gone out and immediately gotten themselves reinfected again?

It was not the researchers job to cure their STD's or to follow them around 24/7 in order to keep the participants &/or their sexual partners STD free.

The researchers job was to study a very common, very infectious, sexually transmitted disease's progression, nothing more, nothing less.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If they treated them they wouldn't had been able to have studied the diseases progression, which sort of defeated the purpose.

Besides the participants were:

A.) all volunteers
    &
    B.) all compensated for their participation.

Is health care the government's business? Is it their job to study us? Is any of this even remotely constitutional?

You have a remarkable tolerance for tyranny.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Is health care the government's business? Is it their job to study us? Is any of this even remotely constitutional?

You have a remarkable tolerance for tyranny.

Is it a tolerance of tyranny? or is it a tolerance of hyperbole? because I think it's more likely than not the latter.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is it a tolerance of tyranny? or is it a tolerance of hyperbole? because I think it's more likely than not the latter.

I don't even know what to say to that. I think you win. The government can do no wrong.

I hope when the government scientists tell me it is my turn to be experimented on, that I am smart enough to tell them that I want the non-permanent version.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

WOW. I really don't want to call you blind because you seem like a very smart man, but.... :dunno: It is what it is and I guess each person just has to make one decision in life above all else:

Accept what is, or demand what's right.

You, sir, are accepting what is. Some of us, however, are demanding what's right.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I don't even know what to say to that. I think you win. The government can do no wrong.

I hope when the government scientists tell me it is my turn to be experimented on, that I am smart enough to tell them that I want the non-permanent version.

Is it that I don't think the government can do no wrong? or is it that I just don't jump to conclusions?

WOW. I really don't want to call you blind because you seem like a very smart man, but.... :dunno: It is what it is and I guess each person just has to make one decision in life above all else:

Accept what is, or demand what's right.

You, sir, are accepting what is. Some of us, however, are demanding what's right.

Or it could be that I just don't blindly accept what ever wild accusation(s) someone makes as truth/fact, at least not until they provide some sort of evidence to support their accusation(s).

So maybe it's that whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing that is keeping me from condemning the research(ers) at this point in time.

Top Bottom