• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    ARTICLE: 'Feds radiating Americans'? Mobile X-ray vans hit US streets - Yahoo! News--

Basically the feds and local LEO are begining to use mobile x-ray machines to scan vehicles for possible bombs on the highway. Seesm like we inch closer and closer to a police state.

Much like Green Bay on Monday Night (Da Bears!!!), we have run out of "half the distance to the goal" penalties.

How much "closer" do we get before we can stand and say, "yes, this is a police state"?

Do we wait for nighttime KGB-like raids on those who say such things? Would that be proof enough? Would it silence those awake enough even then?

Folks need to realize this is not an Obama thing, and it predates Bush/Clinton/Bush and even the minor deity Reagan.

This country has been on a slow march (frog in pan) for quite some time. Opinions may vary as to the causes, timing, and fuel, but its occurrence is as plain as fresh mustard on a white shirt.

No crisis is ever wasted in furtherance of the expansion of the state, and some (e.g. the "War on Drugs") are used to simultaneously excuse and fund the state's expansion (neat trick, but it requires some monopolies).

It is as if someone picked up Animal Farm, 1984, and Brave New World and thought of them as great playbooks rather than dystopian warnings. Actually, knowing Huxley's background, utopian playbook may have been his purpose anyway.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No one likes being a professional operator and just sitting around when something like that happens.

yeah, but Lafayette/West Lafayette? Detection vans? Battle Wagons? Helicopters?

Chicago is only 2 hours away, Indianapolis is 50 minutes.

"Johnson, get jocked up and on the line, we're wheels up in forty mikes?"

"Where are we going, sir? New York, Chicago, Detroit, L.A.?"

"Lafayette, Indiana! The center of the Great Jihad!"

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Also on 9/11 everyone was looking for SOMETHING to do. No one likes being a professional operator and just sitting around when something like that happens. So, driving around in trucks whether it was useful or not may have been more theraputic than anything.

I don't know about them, but the local emergency management community had plenty of things to do after about 1030 EST on 9/11...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    yeah, but Lafayette/West Lafayette? Detection vans? Battle Wagons? Helicopters?

Chicago is only 2 hours away, Indianapolis is 50 minutes.

:dunno: FBI has lots of offices. Maybe Lafayette was the nearest city to their office? Lots of techie research goes on at Purdue as well. Maybe it was on a list as a possible target of high priority?

It's the government. Do they really need a good reason to do the things they do?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    ATO, O.K., you sound like the guy to ask. What did I see after 9/11?

After 9/11 FBI was driving around Purdue in their Suburbans and white utility vans scanning dorms and apartment buildings. Heck, we even had F-18s and helicopters.

Was it thermal? Was it a geiger counter/radiation detection device?

I heard "x-ray" but was this just used broadly/generically?

C'mon Kirk. Everyone knows it was a virtual panty raid.

Those geeky engineering guys. :shady:

Looks like you need to start wearing tin foil underwear so the government can't read your thoughts.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    C'mon Kirk. Everyone knows it was a virtual panty raid.

Those geeky engineering guys. :shady:

Looks like you need to start wearing tin foil underwear so the government can't read your thoughts.

I'm totally stuffing my pants with aluminum foil the next time I go to the airport. Non-ferrous so it won't set off the mag detector and they can't see my wang with their backscatter x-ray dealy.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm totally stuffing my pants with aluminum foil the next time I go to the airport. Non-ferrous so it won't set off the mag detector and they can't see my wang with their backscatter x-ray dealy.

You don't think all the crackling and crinkling will make anyone suspicious? Or that big dark spot on the x-ray?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Don't worry, I'll use the really thin stuff so it won't crinkle much.

And it'll be a big BRIGHT spot on the x-ray, and that's the point. Screw them for wanting to see my wang.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I didn't end up doing it, but I said a while back that the next time I flew, I was going to spell out "Hi TSA" in aluminum foil on my stomach and walk through the backscatter scanner.

Either that or "Are we safe now?", but probably the "Hi TSA" one. The other would take too much foil. I don't buy it in pallet loads like some folks. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Looks like they ARE using back scatter x-ray to do this, according to the company website. They have a few versions of it, including a huge portal.

AS&E: Advanced X-ray Inspection Systems

Yeah, the stationary portal thing would be doable, I still don't buy a portable one, just because of the power issue, and the lack of necessary sensors. I will admit that I was wrong before, the image of the truck is done with backscatter. The more I learn about this stuff the more intrigued I am by it.

The biggest thing that makes this technology possible is computer image rendering and digital sensors.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Yeah, the stationary portal thing would be doable, I still don't buy a portable one, just because of the power issue, and the lack of necessary sensors. I will admit that I was wrong before, the image of the truck is done with backscatter. The more I learn about this stuff the more intrigued I am by it.

The biggest thing that makes this technology possible is computer image rendering and digital sensors.

So, can I get a picture of the unicorn? :D

I'm just kidding with you.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Well, it looks like they're selling it, whether you're buying or not. :D

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    [STRIKE]
    Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    [/STRIKE]

Goodbye rights. No one is going to stand up. It appears that they can get away with anything they want. I don't know why they bother moving so slow anymore. Just because they let us keep our guns doesn't mean they aren't working to take literally every other right.

Top Bottom