• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    What concerns me even more than the FDA controlling what we eat is if our government should have control of health care and force us to eat what they think is healthy for us. I can visualize them outlawing unhealthy foods in the name of safety and health for the American people and only they will choose what is considered unhealthy. :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My family has been drinking non-pasturized milk for about six months.
    It's considerably better tasting. I believe it is better for us since the farmer feeds the cows grass and doesn't have to continuously medicate the herd to deal with with sick cows in an industrial dairy. :yesway:

p.s. My daughter gave up sodas altogether because she would rather drink the milk!

You so UN-PATRIOTIC and are messing with the whole world order economy. :D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Harassment continues

Amish Dairy Farmer Selling Raw Milk Won't be Cowed By FDA

The FDA, whose headquarters are in Silver Spring, Maryland, apparently got wind of this arrangement and launched an investigation. The agency spent over a year and countless tax dollars on an undercover infiltration of Grassfed on the Hill. Its agents joined the club under assumed names, placed orders for milk, and went into private residences to pick up their purchases. Then the FDA conducted an armed, pre-dawn raid on Allgyer’s farm in April 2010, during which agents found raw milk coolers marked for various destinations in Maryland. Now it had all the evidence it needed to prove that Allgyer was engaged in the dastardly act of selling raw milk across state lines.

The Department of Justice is asking U.S. District Court Judge Lawrence Stengel for summary judgment to impose the injunction on Allgyer. All the judge has to do is sign the government’s ready-made form, and Allgyer will be banned from ever selling his milk to folks from out of state again, at which point he will be “essentially … out of business,” according to raw-milk advocate David Gumpert.
    Actually, he doesn’t just get to be put out of business. The proposed injunction provides for the added privilege of having his farm inspected whenever FDA agents are bored or just have the urge, AND he gets to pay big time for the privilege (at rates of $87.57 or $104.96 per hour, plus 51 cents a mile for their travel, plus the regular government “per diem” for meals and hotels). One inspection that lasts a day or two, and involves two or three agents, who, of course, have to write up a detailed report afterwards, could cost $10,000. Maybe they decide to do it once a year, maybe once a month, maybe once a week. Whatever their pleasure.

At the end of five years, Allgyer can tell the court he’s been a good boy, and appeal to have the injunction lifted, and maybe it will be and maybe it won’t. If not, the inspection arrangement continues.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Okay boys and girls, quiz time.

Who is the ONLY presidential candidate on record as being against such shenanigans and any federal laws criminalizing interstate trade in raw milk?

Three guesses, first two don't count.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    From what I've read and heard from people who've read more than me, no human is lactose intolerant. Everything necessary for the digestion of dairy products by humans is in there at the beginning, but most of it gets removed during the pasteurization and homogenization processes, rendering it inedible by those we have now labeled "lactose intolerant". Vogels dairy sells raw milk, my sick kittens love it.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The Repubs control the House, why don't they just "reduce" the budget of the FDA by several magnitudes? Same with the TSA, ATF, DOJ, EPA and all of the other tyrannical alphabet agencies? Call me simple, but isn't this how the Founding Fathers intended it, that those that are elected every two years, from among us, have the power of the purse, therefore ultimately controlling government?

Get involved in 2012, we get what we tolerate! :patriot:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    My newborn daughter could only tolerate one type of formula: Nutramigen, at $34/can. And even on this she weighed only 16 pounds at her year-old checkup.

I got a hold of some raw goat's milk, put her on it, and she gained 2 pounds in a single month.

**** you, FDA, for making it illegal to properly nourish my daughter.

One of many reasons why Ron Paul will have my vote.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    OK folks. Settle down, now. You just don't get it.

You are too stupid to decide what kind of milk to drink. You're too stupid to know what food to eat. You're too dumb to know what you want to smoke, or drink, or drive, or shoot, or...

The government knows better than we do when it comes to living our daily lives in the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. Just do what they say and all will be fine.

Marcinko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    So Raw Milk is taking the place of Moonshine? And the Revenuers have put on their FDA smocks?
    Whats next will they go to the farms and start killing cows so the farmers are unable to produce anymore "raw milk"?
    Woowee how times are a changing.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Okay boys and girls, quiz time.

Who is the ONLY presidential candidate on record as being against such shenanigans and any federal laws criminalizing interstate trade in raw milk?

Three guesses, first two don't count.
    Romney?

I am anti Amish and FDA. Put them in a cage match and let them kill each other, I am good with it.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    OK folks. Settle down, now. You just don't get it.

You are too stupid to decide what kind of milk to drink. You're too stupid to know what food to eat. You're too dumb to know what you want to smoke, or drink, or drive, or shoot, or...

The government knows better than we do when it comes to living our daily lives in the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. Just do what they say and all will be fine.

Agreed.
    :koolaid:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't drink raw milk and I don't sell raw milk. What the H E double hockey sticks do I care about this. They are breaking the law and they should be in jail.

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    From what I've read and heard from people who've read more than me, no human is lactose intolerant. Everything necessary for the digestion of dairy products by humans is in there at the beginning, but most of it gets removed during the pasteurization and homogenization processes, rendering it inedible by those we have now labeled "lactose intolerant". Vogels dairy sells raw milk, my sick kittens love it.

Lactose intolerance refers to the inability to digest lactose. It is a result of decreased activity of the enzyme lactase, or in some cases a lack of lactase all together. A human can be born with a genetic defect which results in lactose intolerance.

Lactose Intolerance - National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse

Lactose intolerance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lactase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lactase persistence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    You are correct. I went back and brushed up on it since I've been "spouting" that off to people lately going off of nothing more than memory of a fallible source. The pasteurization process removes all enzymes, in fact that's a test to see if it is successful, a reading of 0 enzymes. This puts unnecessary stress on our bodies as they now have to produce those enzymes, which might actually exacerbate lactose intolerance. Raw milk lovers say pasteurization not needed | CTV British Columbia << That was wiki source on the pasteurization page. I'm not saying the "raw milk proponents" are right, just that it's up for debate.

I was being a little hyperbolic, but the people out there that are genuinely lacking in that enzyme activity can generally handle raw unpasteurized dairy products in small amounts without any problems as I understand it. Pasteurized? Fuggetaboutit. lol

I'm not lactose intolerant and don't really know anyone that is, it was just a little tidbit I read about, so pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong. I'm certainly no authority on the subject and don't purport to be.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I would rather not get sick , Ill pass on amish goods .

I AGREE!! Now that we have established that it is unsafe, we need to pass laws to keep everyone else from drinking this dangerous milk as well as all other things that may harm them! If we catch them, lets fine them and lock them up for their own good! :nono::sheep:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My newborn daughter could only tolerate one type of formula: Nutramigen, at $34/can. And even on this she weighed only 16 pounds at her year-old checkup.

I got a hold of some raw goat's milk, put her on it, and she gained 2 pounds in a single month.

**** you, FDA, for making it illegal to properly nourish my daughter.

One of many reasons why Ron Paul will have my vote.

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." - Frederic Bastiat

Top Bottom